Kids club age policy

Ggcarr

Hi we are crusing on the oasis of the sea in three week. We have a 5 year old daughter and a 2 and 10 month old son that is full potty trained. My question is if they will allow my almost 3 year old son to be in the kids club with his sister. We know that the aquanauts is from 3 to 5 year old. But our son is completely potty train. Thanks in advance for your reposes!

Sorry, what is your actual question? I'm confused because you mentioned your potty trained baby. Not sure what this has to do with anything?

The kids clubs ages are set for a reason, but it's not unheard of for guests to ask in person if a child outside of the age limits can join a group. You have to ask in person, and be prepared for them to say no. If you are asking about your baby joining Aquanauts (3-5 years), the answer is absolutely no - they will never allow that.

I think you mean two years and ten months? My understanding of kids' clubs is that they will not admit children under the advertised age, no matter their potty-training status, and since his date of birth is included in the booking information you can't sneak him in as older than he actually is.

I think you mean two years and ten months? My understanding of kids' clubs is that they will not admit children under the advertised age, no matter their potty-training status, and since his date of birth is included in the booking information you can't sneak him in as older than he actually is.

This is absolutely correct. We sailed on Harmony in March 2017 with one of our grandsons who had turned 3 in February 2017 (fully potty trained) and he was one of the youngest in Aquanauts...they are very strict with their age policy...luckily he was of age...and had a wonderful time.

We actually are considering the policy very carefully...so the next time we take our extended family which will include all four of our little's, we're waiting until 2020 so two of our grandbabies will be in Aquanauts and two will be in Explorers.

Yes! My son is 2-year and 10 month old! Sorry for the confusion.

I think she means a son who is almost 3 (2 years & 10 months old).

I'm sorry OP but I can't answer your question. But like previous response best to ask in person on the ship.

That’s a bummer. I will ask any way.

We cruise with Royal Caribbean last year and we noticed that the aquanauts have a lot of activities for the kids, whereas the Nursury seems to be designed for babies. There’s a tv and toys that are for 6 and 12 month old. I feel that my 34 month old will get very bored.

We cruise with Royal Caribbean last year and we noticed that the aquanauts have a lot of activities for the kids, whereas the Nursury seems to be designed for babies. There’s a tv and toys that are for 6 and 12 month old. I feel that my 34 month old will get very bored.

and you will be putting the staff in the uncomfortable position of having to tell you no. your kid is no more special than any other 34 month old on the ship.

there is absolutely ZERO reason your child would be bored on Oasis without the programming of the kids club. there are many things he can do on board with you.

my guess is your REAL concern is getting alone/adult time. that can be solved by seeing if in room babysitting will available.

I can never understand why people feel that rules don't apply to them. Why ask and put staff in the position of having to explain rules to you. Your child will not be bored. I am there can be literally thousands of kids of all ages on board - your child is not special! Insurance usually sets rules for child care, not parents or cruise ship management.

You indicated your child is totally potty trained - be aware that AO does not allow pull-ups and offers no assistance with wiping, dressing, hand washing, etc. another reason to have the age set at 3.

At that level (before the accepted age) they are extremely strict. While there might be some leeway as the kids get older to change groups if they are close to the cutoff, at the entry point, its a legal liability. That's why they are strict. Same at the other end of the spectrum. An 18 year old cannot be aged down.

Thank you all for your feedback.

I don’t feel that my kid has to have a special treatment. I just wanted to know how strict were them.

And you have been told by everyone responding to your original post but yet you still insist that you will ask on board. No way your child will be bored on this ship. I think the issue is that you want time away from him to do adult things AND don’t want him to be bored. Sorry, parenthood doesn’t always work that way.

If your child is not allowed to move up and is bored then jusy keep him with you. I know you are probably looking for some adult time but cruising with kids is different. If you have something you really want to do such as a spa treatment or excursion off the ship he will be ok even if he's bored for a time. That's part of growing up isn't it?

The OP just wanted to know if it would be allowed.....they were not asking for "special" treatment...it was simply a question. Lighten up, folks!

Yes, a question unanimously answered in the

negative, and then she posts that she's going to ask anyway. Or didn't you bother reading that far?

Some people say it doesn’t hurt to ask. And sorry, I am the father. Not the mother.

Yes, a question unanimously answered in the

negative, and then she posts that she's going to ask anyway. Or didn't you bother reading that far?

Some people say it doesn’t hurt to ask. And sorry, I am the father. Not the mother.

Never seen anyone saying "it doesn't hurt to ask" relative to enrolling an underage child (or overage). That comment is usually made about keeping siblings and/or family together in the same age group when kids are very close in age; even then it doesn't necessarily happen.

As everyone has said, it's an insurance question.