EZ Air - charge for Seat Selections?

canadarocks

Just booked EZ Air under the Princess promotion for January 2019 and it's offering me the option to pre-select seats. Flying USA Domestic one way with Delta and one way with American.

Nowhere does it say there's a charge for pre-selecting seats. Is there?

Just booked EZ Air under the Princess promotion for January 2019 and it's offering me the option to pre-select seats. Flying USA Domestic one way with Delta and one way with American.

If you are like myself and need the extra leg room, on some flights you do have the option to select economy plus, which does cost more. It is all airline specific.

I always select me seats when booking. You can always change them as well:):)

For my last cruise I did mock bookings in EZair to test if I could pick seats.

For example: Delta codes shares with Virgin. If I picked a true Delta flight the seat was included and selectable in EZair.

If I picked a Delta flight operated by Virgin (in fine print under Delta) it would go past the seat selection to the payment screen. That is because Virgin charges to select seats more than 24 hours before the flight.

You can try the mock booking method and also be sure to read the terms on the carriers main webpage.

Good luck.

IME, Delta and American (AA) don't charge. British Airways (BA) charges exorbitant prices (and I always pay them unfortunately) unless you want to wait until 24 hrs. prior to boarding. Make sure your flight isn't a codeshare flight. For example, if it's an AA flight which is a codeshare with BA, you're gonna have to pay for seat assignments with BA.

I just finalized my first ever EZ Air booking. The outbound flight is on Delta and the return flight is on United. Whatever... Delta let me choose seats. When I tried to do the same with the United flight it showed me all the available seats but every time I selected any of those seats it sent me back to the EZ Air booking page and said "some" of the selected seats weren't available and to check with the airline. I went to the United site and used the EZ Air booking number and found the flight. It let me select seats there and, when I went back to the EZ Air booking, I now have seats. A pain in the neck but it worked fine. We are now booked to LAX and back at a cost of $0.00. I'll take it! :D

I just finalized my first ever EZ Air booking. The outbound flight is on Delta and the return flight is on United.

I was able to book United's seats on EZ's website. Go figure. It least it worked for both of us in different ways.

This is my first EZ Air also.

IME, Delta and American (AA) don't charge. British Airways (BA) charges exorbitant prices (and I always pay them unfortunately) unless you want to wait until 24 hrs. prior to boarding. Make sure your flight isn't a codeshare flight. For example, if it's an AA flight which is a codeshare with BA, you're gonna have to pay for seat assignments with BA.

Not always true. We have exactly your example, an AA flight which is a codeshare with BA. The difference it is the BA equivalent of business class. No charge by BA to select seats well in advance in this class. We did however have to call BA to get our passport numbers in their records before we could select seats.

It’s been airline dependent with us. We paid for selected seats on Lufthansa to Europe, got them for no additional charge on Delta to Sydney (and our selected seats held) and got them for no additional charge on Air Tahiti Nui and lost our selected seats. Frankly, I don’t mind paying (especially when the airfare is so low) to get my selected seat.

Not always true. We have exactly your example, an AA flight which is a codeshare with BA. The difference it is the BA equivalent of business class. No charge by BA to select seats well in advance in this class. We did however have to call BA to get our passport numbers in their records before we could select seats.

I said, "IME" - in my experience. That's what I've experienced as a frequent flyer on BA. That's really weird that you didn't have to pay the fees. They're really high. For example, on our flights last year, we paid I think $106 per person, per way for bus. class for a total of about $424 extra. I've also flown with them in economy and premium economy and have had to pay each time.

OH! It just dawned on me. Maybe you're picking seats that aren't considered premium? That must be it. I'm pretty particular about the seats, preferring the "J" row in the very back so no one is climbing over me. Our flight attendant said that is the best seat in the house and I guess BA knows that because the fees are higher. If that's not it, what do you think it is?

I booked EZAir 3 days ago and there's no charge for preselecting seats. Our seats are already booked, but that's not to say things won't change like flights and airplanes.

I just finalized my first ever EZ Air booking. The outbound flight is on Delta and the return flight is on United. Whatever... Delta let me choose seats. When I tried to do the same with the United flight it showed me all the available seats but every time I selected any of those seats it sent me back to the EZ Air booking page and said "some" of the selected seats weren't available and to check with the airline. I went to the United site and used the EZ Air booking number and found the flight. It let me select seats there and, when I went back to the EZ Air booking, I now have seats. A pain in the neck but it worked fine. We are now booked to LAX and back at a cost of $0.00. I'll take it! :D

So you booked the Panama Canal cruise? I especially like that $0.00 for the flight and free gratuities.

OH! It just dawned on me. Maybe you're picking seats that aren't considered premium? That must be it. I'm pretty particular about the seats, preferring the "J" row in the very back so no one is climbing over me. Our flight attendant said that is the best seat in the house and I guess BA knows that because the fees are higher. If that's not it, what do you think it is?

We had our choice of any seat in Business Class. It may be our status (lifetime Platinum on AA) could have had something to do with it.