Just venting!!

CatsareCool

I’m just happ for my friend Thrak!! He is finally going to be Elite soon :D. We all know he had so much Fun working to become a Elite member.

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

Won't be elite until mid-November of 2019 and that's "if" all goes as planned. BTW... I still don't have my Ultra Snazzy, Whoop-de-doo, Mega Wow Wow, Wahoo, Wowie Zowie lapel pin for The Rowboat. You know that's the most prestigious cruise status.

Won't be elite until mid-November of 2019 and that's "if" all goes as planned. BTW... I still don't have my Ultra Snazzy, Whoop-de-doo, Mega Wow Wow, Wahoo, Wowie Zowie lapel pin for The Rowboat. You know that's the most prestigious cruise status.

I’m glad you realize that 😁. It’s waiting for you on the Rowboat when you get to Boston. :rolleyes:

Tony

Good grief!

Yes, perhaps Princess should redo the program and

base the levels on days only ... and, as part of the redo, reset everyone to zero.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

Also, I would like it if Princess awarded you receive Elite privileges each year if you do a certain amount of $ spend and minimum amount of cruise days each year (you would not lose your Elite level if you did not do it each year - just no privileges that year for whatever level you were)....that would cut the numbers each year and stop some of the unfairness and game playing....:eek:

Good for your friend! She can now have her laundry done then complain how long it took to get it back, how long she had to wait for a tender, and how she had to ask twice to exchange her bar setup for a coffee card. I believe you are doing it the right way, spending money and enjoying yourself on a cruise.

So true and so funny....lol....:D:D:D

I think the OP seams to place too much importance, about this "elite status".

Don't let it let to you... one night on a ship is not a cruise......

We try to do at least 10 days minimum... and travel in a suite...

So to us the different coloured cards does not mean a lot... we just enjoy cruising and meeting all different people..

So smile and be happy, and be glad you can go cruising.

Cheers Don

time for a G&T

Edited by getting older slowly
spelling

My 'friend' just returned from her 6th one night Vancouver to Seattle cruise. She is now Elite. She always traveled single and a couple of times in a full suite. Bully for her but it still erks me because I did it the old fashion way, number of cruises/days. However, I have been able to enjoy a true cruise experience while she has not. So who's the real winner here?

Huh I didn't know you could do that......interesting...

My 'friend' just returned from her 6th one night Vancouver to Seattle cruise. She is now Elite. She always traveled single and a couple of times in a full suite. Bully for her but it still erks me because I did it the old fashion way, number of cruises/days. However, I have been able to enjoy a true cruise experience while she has not. So who's the real winner here?
Apparently your friend likes that trip, and could even have something that she enjoys doing in Seattle before returning by land to her home, making it an ideal holiday for her.

You also have had the enjoyment of the full cruise experience, which in our opinion becomes better with cruises of 10 days or longer. We've even had a 7 day that felt too short. It is a matter of relaxing.

Our average cruise length is just shy of 10 days/cruise, and it was good to become Elite. (And yes, we use the laundry).

So I'd say it is a win-win, as both of you have enjoyed your holidays, and both have been loyal to Princess Cruises due to the experiences you have had.

The Captain's Circle program is not intended to be the fairest reward for Princess passengers. It is designed to sell cabins. With PVSA and Princess's strong presence in Alaska, they must have a number of repositioning cruises in and out of that area every spring and fall. By giving these short cruises full credit in the program, it encourages people to take these and fills the ship.

Good grief!

Yes, perhaps Princess should redo the program and

base the levels on days only ... and, as part of the redo, reset everyone to zero.

I can hear the grumbling and see canes in the air even at the thought of this.

My question is why are you so worried about what someone else does with there money and how they chose to spend it ? now if you helped them earn it and it took away from your life, maybe you can commit on how they spend it !!! Don't get upset because they found away to do something that you didn't just take your cruises your way and let other take there they way they want. Worry about you and your life. In other words GET A LIFE !!!!

I don't care how someone gets elite. We live in Vancouver and could do the one day cruises. We never have. It seems like a lot of trouble for the benefits that elite bestows.

That being said, anyone who does get elite status that way has played the game and deserves them.

I interesting thread. My DH and I almost always get separate cabins when we cruise. Why? Because we like it that way, and have been able to afford it, for which I’m grateful. He runs cold, I run hot, he’s up at 5:00 am, me not so much, he snores, I’m a light sleeper - I’m a bit claustrophobic and can barely stand sharing a cabin with myself! We typically get adjoining cabins, and when it’s time for actual sleep, I sneak into my own, crank the air conditioning and enjoy a good nights sleep. Did we get to Elite faster than some? Yep, but we also pay double, and if total spend were a qualifying factor, the hoops and expense of getting from Indiana to a port via flying would have made us Elite after about 5 or 6 cruises! In my view, don’t ding anyone for utilizing the program - Princess set the loyalty levels and everyone has the option to “work the system” to their best individual outcome. And yes, we still do our own laundry!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I found it odd that the word friend was written as 'friend' in the original post.

Maybe it's now not a "friend" any more because her "friend" is elite and she isn't. How immature to think that way. I wonder if the OP told her "friend" that she was ticked off that she had one up on her?:rolleyes:

It is a bit annoying to see someone make elite by taking a bunch of one day or even 3 or 4 day cruises. CCL and RCCL have both gone to cruise days only to qualify for a higher level. I would like to see Princess follow the same policy and only count sea days for the levels.

I am in total agreement as far as the shorter cruises with one small caviat related to the way I made Elite. I made it by spending $$$$ on primarily longer cruises in full suites. I was scheduled to make it 2 days shy of 150 due to the double full suite points. I got a bonus when we boarded our Elite qualifying cruise when I discovered we were early upgraded at the beginning instead of the end of the cruise......:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

I’m just happY for my friend Thrak!! He is finally going to be Elite soon :D. We all know he had so much Fun working to become a Elite member.

Tony

Ditto.....:):):)

Bob

It’s not pie. Your piece will not be smaller because she got some too. Get over it.
I really have zero experience with this--my first Princess cruise is coming up. But I'd like to stir the pot...

Based on other threads I've read, the pie does get smaller. Evidently there are way too many Elites resulting in Elites having to wait to board, disembark, for tenders, and for laundry to be returned.

Perhaps Elites should have to identify how they obtained the status level and be subranked accordingly?

Geesh.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

I really have zero experience with this--my first Princess cruise is coming up. But I'd like to stir the pot...

Based on other threads I've read, the pie does get smaller. Evidently there are way too many Elites resulting in Elites having to wait to board, disembark, for tenders, and for laundry to be returned.

Perhaps Elites should have to identify how they obtained the status level and be subranked accordingly?

Geesh.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

The pie doesn’t get smaller. You just have to wait longer to get served. You still get your free laundry, mini bar set up, etc.

Does your laundry take a little longer on a popular Transatlantic? Yep. But does the person who’s been talking one day cruises for eons suddenly switch to Transatlantics once they reach Elite? Nope.

Princess needs to fill those ships. This is how they do it. And trust me, from someone who has done a few repos, you can pay more than a 7 day inside.

Should they change the system, probably, but there still needs to be a carrot for those one - three day coastals. One days are a Pain in the ***