Towel Animals....Yea or Nay?

wdsted

We have long lost any feelings of thrill from towel animals at turn-down. Does anybody else tell their steward to not bother with them? I'd much rather that they get an additional couple of minutes back.

One forum member loves towel animals so much that even after a week in the Haven, she was crying because she didn't receive a towel animal every night...(does anyone else remember that thread?);p

I don't remember that - was it the same person as the bride who cried on bed whole trip since she got a hull balcony? I think NCL renamed them "Prviasea balcony" in her honor.

They are cute, and some are definitely "more cute" than others, but I don't find them that appealing. I'd rather just have some extra neatly folded towels and washcloths.

But it turns out that DH still gets a kick out of a few of them.

I once tried, gently/politely, to suggest to the steward that he didn't need to take the time, and he started to look crestfallen, as though I was criticizing his artwork, so I backpeddled and changed it to ".... but if you DO have the time, they are *so* cute..." and his face lit up like a kid on Christmas morning. He clearly took great pride in them. And he DID do an unusually good job at them that time.

But when I think of all the extra time the stewards could have if they weren't doing this in every cabin/suite every day... it does seem a shame.

On the other hand, I'd *love* to return and get one of those jumbo person-sized ones, sunglasses and hat and all.

... except I'd probably have a heart attack, thinking there was an intruder :eek:

The funniest photo I saw of these was of a "person" having imbibed too much, with confetti, and cocktail glass tipped over, etc.

(That may have been on someone's New Year's Eve cruise? Anyway, it was *very* well done!)

GC

Our 41st cruise is this June. I must admit that when I first started cruising, I loved coming back in the room to see what the room steward had left for us. I guess I'm jaded. I would be happy to have the room steward forgo the towel art for our cruise. Next year, we are taking all the grands with us on the Allure for our 50th. anniversary cruise. I would be disappointed if their rooms did not have the towel art as I know the little ones would love it.

I will admit as an adult male the towel animals always end up making me smile. Especially when I walk in and there's a towel animal wearing my sunglasses or a Monkey hanging from a hanger. I would personally be happy to come back to a towel zoo!

On my last few cruises , I mentioned to steward that knowing how busy he was, I did not need towel animals. Once in awhile, they left them anyway...

I still love them... one solo cruise the cabin steward let me keep them. I had quite a collection at the end of the week.... it was just me and all my towel animal friends! [emoji847]

Another cruise with my mom - the first time I had seen the little mouse in the coffee cup- I hid him in her suitcase in a bra... it startled her as she unpacked... LOL 🤭

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I will admit as an adult male the towel animals always end up making me smile. Especially when I walk in and there's a towel animal wearing my sunglasses or a Monkey hanging from a hanger. I would personally be happy to come back to a towel zoo!

DH keeps all of the towel animals, and sets them up as a collection, adding one each day.

I'm guessing that encourages the steward to take extra time, knowing they are appreciated... and they are... by DH.

(I still feel guilty about the time it takes. A very clean room makes me happy!)

GC

I enjoy them!

A couple years ago on Escape, my steward made a three-tiered towel birthday cake in my honor, as I was celebrating that week!

He also made a nest with little birds in it.

It's a tradition I would like to see continued.

We have long lost any feelings of thrill from towel animals at turn-down. Does anybody else tell their steward to not bother with them? I'd much rather that they get an additional couple of minutes back.

I like them, but I tell them not to do them. I would think they could use the time doing something else.

Not me ... I am (supposed to be a) grownup and I LOVE them. Of course, I haven't been on 50 - 100 cruises. So maybe that's why. But I am really disappointed about my next cruise ... Princess ... because they don't do towel animals.

Not me ... I am (supposed to be a) grownup and I LOVE them. Of course, I haven't been on 50 - 100 cruises. So maybe that's why. But I am really disappointed about my next cruise ... Princess ... because they don't do towel animals.

We've gotten them on last four Princess cruises - Regal (B2B), Island and Diamond.

We've gotten them on last four Princess cruises - Regal (B2B), Island and Diamond.

Oh ... that's encouraging. Thank you! I asked on the Princess board and was told emphatically ... NO. I think I'll ask my steward if they would do it for me.