Elemis Sharp Shower and Bath Gel

bigwally

Elemis Sharp Shower and Bath Gel is the WORST product ever. Who the hell would want to smell like spearmint toothpaste the entire day??? I've been using the shampoo as body soap the whole time on this cruise and will probably bring my own in future.

Different strokes for different folks. That's the catch with scented products, you'll never find one everyone loves. Personally, I like mint scent and the bath gel offered is good for me. Have you requested an alternative? I imagine due to allergies they might have an unscented option they could replace ? I really don't know, it never hurts to ask and if someone on this board knows, please share so we can all plan for our next sails!

Elemis Sharp Shower and Bath Gel is the WORST product ever. Who the hell would want to smell like spearmint toothpaste the entire day??? I've been using the shampoo as body soap the whole time on this cruise and will probably bring my own in future.

I like the Elemis bath gel. Apparently, I smell like toothpaste all the time when I'm cruising:D

My mother doesn't like the Elemis bath gel. So when I'm cruising with her, I do as 3rd Generation Cunarder, and ask for extra bar soap from our cabin stewards, which my mom likes.

Editing to add that if someone has allergies or their own preferences, I do recommend that they bring their own toiletries.

Funny to see this thread, as about 3 hours ago onboard the ship someone commented how wonderful the bath/shower gel smelled, and I agreed!

This is the challenge with scented products I suppose, there’s never gonna be one which pleases everyone.

Rather than use bath products you don't care for during your whole cruise, why not st op in a store in one of the p orts and buy yourself a product you like ? :)

I like Elemis shamoo but prefer bar soap to any of he gels so I ask steward for a few bars and they always oblige and bring it to me.

Back in 2005 on the second leg of a cruise, the Elemis products appeared in our cabin bath room. DH was first to use the new shampoo. Naturally as he showered and washed his hair, the shampoo got onto his skin. Within a couple of hours he broke out in a rash. Plus he didn't like the smell of the products. Neither do I. He takes so many medications that we think that whatever is in the shampoo and shower gel caused him to get the rash. Fortunately our cabin steward still had some of the Royal Dutch products which we loved.

Since that incident I bring our own shampoos and bar soaps.

Our first cruise on HAL in 2011 on day 3 I started scratching. It took me a few days to figure out it was the products in the shower. I luckily brought some cortisone cream that cleared up my rash/ issue in a day. From that point on I Pack our own products for all 4 of us.

You never know what you will react to. I am not keen on the scent either.

Rather than use bath products you don't care for during your whole cruise, why not st op in a store in one of the p orts and buy yourself a product you like ? :)

I like Elemis shamoo but prefer bar soap to any of he gels so I ask steward for a few bars and they always oblige and bring it to me.

(bold is mine) That's what I do. We arrive in our departure city at least a day early, and shopping for necessities is one of the things on my to-do list.

I love the fragrance of the products, but I am allergic to them. I wish I could use them rather than bringing my own supplies because I don't like the bother of remembering to pack or buy soaps & shampoos (even though I use shampoo bars so I don't have to worry about liquids spilling).

DH uses the Elemis provided products, and has no problems. I bring my own soap, shampoo etc. On one cruise I decided to try the Elemis shampoo and conditioner. By the time I got to dinner I was catching my scalp something terrible. Barely finished dinner...went back to the cabin took another shower/washed my hair and was good to go for the rest of the evening. Like someone said...different strokes for different folks.

New to me was the Elemis "Revitalise-me" hand lotion in the tall, thin bottle. Nice and creamy: miles better than the old watery hand lotion. Hope HAL keeps this one!

Have always liked the bath gel. Seems I can't tell the difference between mint and lemon. Who knew?

I'm not a fan of the Elemis products - I always bring my own shampoo, conditioner, bath gel and lotion. On the other hand, DH uses whatever's there and is happy; one could be Dawn dish detergent, the other VIM kitchen cleaner, he couldn't care. LOL I bring my products in disposable containers so I have extra weight to allow for "extras" I purchase along the way.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

[On the other hand, DH uses whatever's there and is happy; one could be Dawn dish detergent, the other VIM kitchen cleaner, he couldn't care. LOL “

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I’m married to one of those too.:'):')