Die Hard RCCL Cruisers...AKA Loyal Royals.

We have booked Norwegian Sky to Cuba in July. Although it is a smaller, older ship than what we are used to on Royal , I am interested in comparing food, service and entertainment. I am trying to go with an open mind, but my guess is that we will remain loyal to Royal.

I am on that ship in 9 days to Cuba, very excited :)

Tried many other lines pre-Royal. Did our first RCI cruise with Mariner and we were hooked, strayed one more time to HAL...(mistake) and then have come back ever since.

Not to say we won't try other lines later, but right now we are indeed "Loyal Royals"...and have been enjoying the perks of being such ever since. :cool:

Started cruising in 1989

Carnival

Holland

Princess

Majesty (defunct)

Norwegian

Celebrity

All were tried many times (around 20)

Then we sailed Mariner out of PC in 2008

Have only strayed once since then, it didn't end well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

The only other cruise line I have been on is Disney. Love Disney as well but it is way more expensive than Royal. We are good with Royal. It would have to be a really good deal money wise in order to get me on another line. With that said, I would never sail Carnival no matter how good the deal is, lol.

I have only sailed Royal. However, we are looking at other options -as we are not fans of the mega floating toy box. However If they keep some of the smaller ships- and keep them doing 7 day cruises (Caribbean) then it will be fine for me.

We got mad at RCL & tried another cruise line. Things were pretty much the same as RCL but we like the way RCL did certain things. We also like the layout of the Windjammers on RCL. Now being Pinnacle, they treat us very good.

I'll be on my first NCL next week. Sun, an older ship, fresh off dry-dock. They are doing 4 nights to Cuba and 3 nights to Bahamas out of Port Canaveral this summer. It will be a new concept for me as the entire ship is open bar. No drink packages, no card swiping or slips to sign. We needed a quick getaway and at $259pp for an interior and open bar, I jumped on it. Even if it sucks, it's a cruise, it's open bar, and it's dirt cheap. I'm sure it will be a good time.

Currently, we have only sailed Royal. We will hit diamond in December, and will branch out after that. There are some Celebrity cruises that interest us. Not opposed to others depending on cost/ports.
We were die hard celebrity 8 cruises .having tried cunard p and o and royal plus a few more independant smaller cruiselines ! Itinery is our driving point first and formost though celebritys standards have slipped of late so we are more open to experiment now !next adventure is on thompson.marella D2 followrd by viking .

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

Thank you so much for all of the input and opinions. Loved reading that almost everyone has tried different cruise lines other than RC. Don't get me wrong, I love RC also, but I love all the other lines also. Variety? Yes...the spice of life.

Only cruised Royal, but will try NCL next month ONLY because their Hawaii floating hotel works for us, since the cruise isn't the highlight of the week. Going on Carnival next year as part of a church group. Most likely back to Royal after that.

Hoping to see growth/variety coming to Galveston, since it's a relatively easy drive. Flying to/from port cities just sucks the fun out of the cruise for me.

Others have mentioned the consistency of experience sticking with one line. I like knowing, regardless of the ship, the Royal experience is very similar.

We have tried Carnival, Royal, Princess and Costa (and a few now-defunct cruise lines). We're not loyal to one line in particular, but we have cruised Royal and Carnival the most. There are things my family prefers about both lines and we like them about equally.

If the stars align and the ship, date, itinerary and available quad balcony staterooms and price are right for us, we'll book it! :)

Started cruising in 1989

Carnival

Holland

Princess

Majesty (defunct)

Norwegian

Celebrity

All were tried many times (around 20)

Then we sailed Mariner out of PC in 2008

Have only strayed once since then, it didn't end well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

Your previous lines were pretty much what we did except Celebrity and Princess. We did a few Med cruises on smaller lines, including the river barge cruise (loved that one!!...but wow...pricey!! $$). Then took our first cruise on RCI (Mariner)...straying just one more time to HAL (also a mistake).

Now we are happy with Royal, and are currently doing the PC waltz (Pinnacle Chasing). You already made the finish line, I still have a year or more to go. Then I may let Bucky lead me astray with more exotic cruises once in a while that Royal does not feature.

But for now of course most of our "cruising" is in the Land Yacht..while we are still able to handle the big bus. ;)

Edited by island lady

I have cruise on Royal the most but like variety. Im looking to try NCL and maybe MSC as well. I would like to also try Celebrity one day.

My perfect cruise would be Carnivals included food venues, steakhouse and their crew and staff on a Royal ship. :) Royal definitely has nicer and more elegant looking ships over most of Carnivals fleet.

You will never know what other cruise lines offer unless you try them.

A few years ago my wife suggested Holland America for a 14 day Alaska cruise. I was reluctant because it has a reputation for being a cruise line for "old people." I was very impressed with the entire experience and we cruised with them again for a full Panama Canal transit which we also enjoyed tremendously.

We both enjoy Royal Caribbean cruises, but choose the cruise line based on the itinerary we want.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

We might consider Celebrity, but it will probably be when we are retired, not anytime soon. RCI meets our needs and we enjoy the cruise line. But, we won’t say we will never cruise other lines.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We patronize cruise lines that only fit our prescribed requirements at the time of booking.

Was loyal to Celebrity from 2001 to 2015 - they eroded the onboard experience so much and created so much class segregation that they were fired.

Now onto Oceania, oh my, what an amazing experience for everyone on the ship - everyone enjoys the ship and all the dining and all the spa and all the outside venues. Everyone hangs with everyone. The standards are awesome for everyone.

Celebrity, you are fired again

Sail on everyone

I strayed one time and cruised on Princess. So disappointed I am hesitant to try any other line.

Took our first Princess cruise in February out of Singapore, would only sail them again if the price and itinerary were special. Just sailed 15 days on Mariner and then 14 days on the new Carnival Horizon, will not be sailing Carnival again under any circumstances, enjoyed Mariner more in every way. We are platinum plus with NCL, but like the new RCI ships, scheduled for Anthem next week and Ovation next year. Now cruising by itinerary first, then price, will do mostly RCI and NCL.

Did my first 3 cruises with Carnival which were quite pleasant, tried Oasis of the Seas in december 2016, that was out first cruise with kids and we were amazed, there was so much to do and the crew took such good care of them.

We went back to Carnival for a 5 day cruise on the Victory which turned out to be a total disaster, food was awful, service was average at best. We are booked on Freedom of the Seas in september. We will be trying a Disney cruise as the kids get older but for now we are pretty much hooked on RCCL. Looking forward to sailing on other Oasis class ships.

We have sailed 5 cruises, all with Royal. If things work out with our two upcoming cruises with them, we will be 2 points away from emerald.

We'll start booking short cruises in suites on Mariner out of our home port until we get to diamond.

After that, we'll try Celebrity for their Alaskan and Panama Canal itineraries.

NCL will get our business for Hawaii, but only because there aren't a lot of competitors in that market.

First cruise was Cunard Adventurer back in 1974. Been on many cruise lines that are now history. Enjoy Celebrity and (with totally different expectations) Carnival but find ourselves coming back to Royal....consistently know what to expect.