Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
bryanjaync

Royal Caribbean Website Pain

Recommended Posts

Ok so I go to Royalcaribbean.com and everything is in German.  I cannot get it to English. lol.  My cruise planner is in English but the main pages are German.   Weird.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else seeing this?  I thought that I would check out some cruise prices on the website.  No matter what I do, I cannot get it to change my location to the US, English speaking.  It has me in the UK, or if I try to change it to US, it will only change to US Spanish.

 

😮 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome. Where are you living. I'm in Edinburgh if you want to pop up for a tour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Anyone else seeing this?  I thought that I would check out some cruise prices on the website.  No matter what I do, I cannot get it to change my location to the US, English speaking.  It has me in the UK, or if I try to change it to US, it will only change to US Spanish.

 

😮 

 

Mine is working just fine.  US, English site, can log in and my cruises are there.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

Nope.  It still thinks that I'm in the UK.  Little notation in the top right corner of the home page.  Takes me only to UK pages.

 

Have you tried an incognito window with Chrome?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Nope.  It still thinks that I'm in the UK.  Little notation in the top right corner of the home page.  Takes me only to UK pages.

This will tell you what country the internet thinks you are in; if it shows you in UK, maybe your location is not correct in your browser.

https://www.iplocation.net/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, AlanF65 said:

This will tell you what country the internet thinks you are in; if it shows you in UK, maybe your location is not correct in your browser.

https://www.iplocation.net/

 

 

There is a way to manually change it.  It won't let me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

 

Have you tried an incognito window with Chrome?

 

That worked!  Thank you.  😄 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

 

There is a way to manually change it.  It won't let me.

Its browser specific and somewhat user controlled.

 

In chrome you can go here and see if Royal Caribbean is blocked chrome://settings/content/location

Sites get blocked by a response to a popup, you can't add to "allow" here, just remove it if its blocked.

 

https://www.webnots.com/how-to-manage-location-settings-in-google-chrome/

 

If you use a different browser do you have the same issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use the same browser, day in and day out.  I used it all day today.  Suddenly, it had flipped to UK.  Weird stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I use the same browser, day in and day out.  I used it all day today.  Suddenly, it had flipped to UK.  Weird stuff.

 

Its either

1) operator error

2) Prime website that is always correct issues.

3) Pre cruise gremlins in your house.

4) You checked prices on a UK site and its now permanently your browser RCI home (or your gremlins did it)

 

Probability for betting ( bet the second number to win the first)

item 2 20 to 1

item 1 1 to 5

item 3 1 to 100

item 4 1 to 10

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like the option to add the Cruise Care on your booking is gone.   I thought it used to be on the page where you pick prepaid grats and where you would pick  the refundable option.

 

Am I missing something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trying to book a cruise for next year and when I select the cabin the site crashes... Is it down tonight?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of strange happenings on the RCCL site the last few days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like they been doing few updates last week, few New options and few missing. New is not always better and with Royal always comes with Glitches 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 12:13 PM, AlanF65 said:

 

Its either

1) operator error

2) Prime website that is always correct issues.

3) Pre cruise gremlins in your house.

4) You checked prices on a UK site and its now permanently your browser RCI home (or your gremlins did it)

 

Probability for betting ( bet the second number to win the first)

item 2 20 to 1

item 1 1 to 5

item 3 1 to 100

item 4 1 to 10

 

 

No, a few hours later, it "corrected itself", i.e., it was on RC's side and got fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

 

No, a few hours later, it "corrected itself", i.e., it was on RC's side and got fixed.

I love self healing software

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi I’m having a problem with the online check in feature. We are sailing on HOS in July and there are three of us (myself, wife and our 18 year old daughter) in a cabin. I have been able to check myself and my wife in fine but struggling with my daughter. I’ve entered all the data and submit it. Sometimes it just bombs out sometimes it seems to work and she appears alongside the two of us as checked in, but when you log out and login again she has disappeared from the ‘checked in’ section and reappeared in the ‘still needs checking in’ section?? Other question is why do they need to know my daughters marital status but not myself or my wife’s??

 

help, don’t want to fly all the way to the states only so find a issue with out booking.

 

martin

 

EDIT, just spoke to RCI and surprise surprise, they are totally useless. ‘We can’t do anything on the phone, you will have to queue to check her in at the pier’ was the reply! What if there is a problem with the booking and they won’t let her on? I ask. Sorry but we can’t help you.....have a nice day! Click!

Edited by mondas42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mondas42 said:

help, don’t want to fly all the way to the states only so find a issue with out booking.

There's not an issue with the booking, just the online check in process, which you don't need to complete - RCI can't be bothered to figure out what the IT issue is and that's why they are telling you to simply check in at the pier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just tried to check in for the first half of my B2B, leaving June 2. Clicking on "check in" simply reloads the page. We tried it on three different computers, using both Chrome and MSIE. No luck. Call the RCCL help line, on hold for 30 minutes. The rep says that I need to log out, close the browser, and reopen it. I explain that this won't fix the problem, as we have already done that, and used multiple browsers AND computers. He insists that we HAVE to follow his script. Of course it doesn't work. He then tells us, "That must mean that your reservation is corrupted. There is nothing else I can do. You cannot complete online check in. Is there anything else I can help you with?"

 

What a complete lack of customer service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Journey2016 said:

I just tried to check in for the first half of my B2B, leaving June 2. Clicking on "check in" simply reloads the page. We tried it on three different computers, using both Chrome and MSIE. No luck. Call the RCCL help line, on hold for 30 minutes. The rep says that I need to log out, close the browser, and reopen it. I explain that this won't fix the problem, as we have already done that, and used multiple browsers AND computers. He insists that we HAVE to follow his script. Of course it doesn't work. He then tells us, "That must mean that your reservation is corrupted. There is nothing else I can do. You cannot complete online check in. Is there anything else I can help you with?"

 

What a complete lack of customer service.

 

Try calling Crown & Anchor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Journey2016 said:

I just tried to check in for the first half of my B2B, leaving June 2. Clicking on "check in" simply reloads the page. We tried it on three different computers, using both Chrome and MSIE. No luck. Call the RCCL help line, on hold for 30 minutes. The rep says that I need to log out, close the browser, and reopen it. I explain that this won't fix the problem, as we have already done that, and used multiple browsers AND computers. He insists that we HAVE to follow his script. Of course it doesn't work. He then tells us, "That must mean that your reservation is corrupted. There is nothing else I can do. You cannot complete online check in. Is there anything else I can help you with?"

 

What a complete lack of customer service.

 

Did you try using an incognito/private browser session?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...