What Will Happen???

Luvsnorkeling

Booked a 20 day Caribbean cruise that was advertised as a 20 day cruise, not two separate B2B cruises. Afterward learned that our cruise will really be a combination of two 10 day cruises with a return to the original embarkation port in between.

We have considerable onboard credit. If we don't use it all in the first 10 days (which we don't want to do), will it transfer over into the next 10 day cruise?

Also, how many formal nights can we expect to have in the 20 days?

Thanks for advice from those who have done similar type cruises.

Are you sure the cruise isn't sold both ways--B2B 10 day and a 20 day? That has been my experience, although not in the Caribbean. We have been on cruises like this, where you can book either the first or second segment or the full cruise, and didn't have to worry about what happened at the changeover.

Maybe you can call Princess to be sure? I'm sure others will have better info for you.

And I think you will have 2 formal nights for each 10 days.

Good luck

ML

Agree with Lew - your unused credit will roll over to the 2nd leg of the cruise. To be certain, pick a time on the 1st cruise when Passenger Services isn't busy and ask them to make sure it does. Is part of your OBC refundable? If so, they will use the non-refundable portion first. Any refundable OBC not used on the 2nd cruise will be refunded by check 3-4 weeks after your cruise.

If you are a Carnival Corp. shareholder, make sure you apply to get the credit for the 20-day cruise and not the two 10-cruises. It's $250 since your cruise is longer than 14 days versus $100 each for the 10-day cruises.

If you are a Carnival Corp. shareholder, make sure you apply to get the credit for the 20-day cruise and not the two 10-cruises. It's $250 since your cruise is longer than 14 days versus $100 each for the 10-day cruises.

The benefit is given by the booking number. If the booking number includes all 20 days, then will get the $250. If there are two booking numbers, one for each segment, they will get$100 * 2.

Booked a 20 day Caribbean cruise that was advertised as a 20 day cruise, not two separate B2B cruises. Afterward learned that our cruise will really be a combination of two 10 day cruises with a return to the original embarkation port in between.

Itinerary indicates this upfront

We have considerable onboard credit. If we don't use it all in the first 10 days (which we don't want to do), will it transfer over into the next 10 day cruise?

Yes

Also, how many formal nights can we expect to have in the 20 days?

2 on each segment

Thanks for advice from those who have done similar type cruises.

See above

One other point about your booking concerns cruise credits used to determine your membership level in the Captains' Circle loyalty club. Since your cruise is made up of two shorter cruises you will get credited with taking two cruises. You can verify that by logging into your Princess account and looking at your cruise history. It will show the cruise credits awarded for both past cruises and for future cruises. If there is some problem about getting the two credits, just talk to the Captains' Circle representative aboard the ship. He or she can make corrections to your history if needed.

In the past I have found that by booking the two B2B cruises as one cruise the total price has been a little less. So by booking the B2B’s as one cruise you save twice; first with the lower fare and second more OBC if you qualify for “Share Holder Credit” or “Military Credit”.

I also have a 20 day cruise this fall which can be booked either as 1 or 2 cruises - booked as 1 less price and keep the same cabin for whole trip plus get 2 cruise credits (am already elite so no big deal). Have the beverage package as part of sip and sail promo. Great deal on a long cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the 2 b2b ten day cruise booked in November. In looking at the form for shareholders obc, I have to write down both booking numbers, which will reduce my benefit. Is there a way around this. Clearly I am on the ship for 20 days. Do I make a note on the form?

I have the 2 b2b ten day cruise booked in November. In looking at the form for shareholders obc, I have to write down both booking numbers, which will reduce my benefit. Is there a way around this. Clearly I am on the ship for 20 days. Do I make a note on the form?

Going off at a slight tangent - if you are Elite you will get 2 x minibars - if you also get 52 plus cruises CC Loyalty you would get $100 per 10 days, at least I have. Makes up for it.

The benefit is by booking number. No way to get multiple bookings combined to get the higher benefit. Only way is to have booked it as a single cruise with just one booking number.

Shareholder and other OBC is based on the way you book the cruise. So if you have booked 2 ten day cruises, you will get $200 shareholder OBC. If you book as 1 twenty day cruise then the award is $250.

• 4 weeks later...

Going back to the Captains Circle benefits on a B2B v single long cruise.

In the UK we could only seem to see a 20 Day cruise or a 28 day Cruise. I believe the 8 day cruise was only marketed in the US and AU.

We are currently Ruby with 38 Days so at the end of the 20 day leg we would have 58 days. Sooooo IF the 8 Days following is for Captains Circle is a separate cruise then would we be Platinum for that last leg.

( I could use some Internet minutes :).

It only shows as one cruise in my Cruise Personaliser AND I have been knocked back by the Shareholder Benefits UK - they didnt reply to my asking if it could be treated as two but the only applied it as one.

Do feel its unfair as some of the US cruisers were able to have it rebooked as 2 cruises without any penalty or problem so we seem to be $100 down already.

From some of the above posts it would seem it can be treated as 2 for Loyalty purposes but from others not?

Anyone have a definitive answer - not feeling very loyal at the moment!

We am booked on a 14 Day - Caribbean Adventurer and am receiving 2 cruise credits and $250.00 in military benefit and will also get $250.00 in shareholder benefit.

This cruise is also listed as a 7 day Western Caribbean and a 7 day Eastern Caribbean cruise. If booked as a b2b I would have received 2 cruise credits but only $200.00 in both military and shareholder benefits.

This happened last year on the Regal since I booked it b2b because there was no 14 day combined booking available. So in reality, I lost OBC because of the way the cruise was booked.

Well that is a good example of why I feel we are being treated unfairly

You are on a 14 Day cruise booked as 14 day cruise but you get 2 credits and US250 SHOBC

We are on a 28 Day cruise booked as 28 day cruise and we get 1

credit and the same US250 SHOBC.

Are the two cruises shown as separate bookings in your Cruise Personaliser with 2 different numbers?

It only shows as one cruise in my Cruise Personaliser AND I have been knocked back by the Shareholder Benefits UK - they didnt reply to my asking if it could be treated as two but the only applied it as one.

Do feel its unfair as some of the US cruisers were able to have it rebooked as 2 cruises without any penalty or problem so we seem to be $100 down already.

From some of the above posts it would seem it can be treated as 2 for Loyalty purposes but from others not?

Anyone have a definitive answer - not feeling very loyal at the moment!

I think you will need to wait for the definitive answer by speaking with the Captain's Circle rep when you take your cruise and see if he/she can arrange for the two cruise credits.

• 2 months later...

The answer was NO!  empathised on a personal level but no leeway to change anything.

We also met other cruisers who were elite based on 16 cruises  many of which were 7 days or less ,some were only 3 or 4 days . even based on 7  that would only be  112 days  as against the 151 days!   Better get booking  LOL!

Edited by Aulanis

OP, I see that somebody responded to your question regarding the number of formal nights, but, FYI, if you go to the Cruise Personalizer and download the "Travel Summary" (pdf file) for your cruise, it has the number of formal nights in the "Summary of This Booking" section.

Have a great cruise.