Desert on X

Um, no. That wasn't what the PP meant at all. The take away was the second sentence, not the first. Cruisers on any given line are not a homogenous lot, but individuals. You are going to find both slobs, germaphobes, and everything in between on every line. Only the proportions may differ.

Yes the proportions may differ but that's why they wrote the first sentence too. I expected this to decrease while you moved up the lines, not the other way around. Go figure.

And the ice cream in the buffet has tons of toppings - M&Ms, crushed cookies, sprinkles, etc., etc. I think they might have toppings in Il Bacio but we only get our free plain Captain's Club scoop which is fine with us.

Yummy! I like real ice cream over soft serve - especially with those toppings.

We generally skip dessert in the MDR - I find the majority of them to be disappointing.

We instead head over to Café Bacio and indulge there. Nothing like an after dinner Americano and a lovely piece of whatever cake catches our fancy (or mousse, or éclair, or sometimes even a cookie or two).quote]

Exactly. Always something good!

Celebrity ships have had sold-serve for for years!

Thank you! Now I know! Since I can get ice cream at home I usually prefer the more creative desserts, and when I've walked by the area with the ice cream I only noticed the bins - thanks again!

I think the sorbets that are offered in the MDR are often overlooked. Most are quite good and some appear less frequently than others.

The chocolate or Grand Mariner dessert soufflés offered in Murano are amazing.

I’m also a big fan of the desserts offered (for free) in Cafe al Bacio. Some look amazing and are just so-so when eaten. The oatmeal cookies are terrific.

Also a fan of the bread pudding in the Oceanview Cafe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree. The souffle in Murano, and many of the Cafe al Bacio cakes are worth a splurge with tea in the afternoon. Several of the MDR desserts were not worth the calories at all...

Sorry to briefly get off the sweet track, but I was wondering if an assortment of cheese [emoji893] is ever offered as a dessert. If so, did you enjoy it? It’s not something I normally order for dessert, but it can be a nice change when one is “over sweetened.”

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Murano has an exceptional cheese trolly and DH regulary chooses a cheese course. If you have a Premium Bev package the benefit of wine pairings with meals is great especially in Murano

I thought the desserts in the buffet were really good this year on the Silhouette, much better than I remembered on the Eclipse. They had one night themed with mousses and trifles and they were delicious. Previously anything like this or cheesecakes had too much gelatine so tasted 'manufactured' but this time they'd hit it right. Also had an apple crumble at the Lawn Club which featured in the top 3 of my 'best apple crumble' list.

There's a lot of inconsistency at the buffet. Some sailings have featured a cake day with a dozen varieties on display. Have also seen cupcake day and chocolate fountain. My favorite was last fall on Equinox - warm apple pie a la mode day. And then sadly there are the sailings where you just get same old desserts. Guess it comes down to ambition level of the chef.

There's a lot of inconsistency at the buffet. Some sailings have featured a cake day with a dozen varieties on display. Have also seen cupcake day and chocolate fountain. My favorite was last fall on Equinox - warm apple pie a la mode day. And then sadly there are the sailings where you just get same old desserts. Guess it comes down to ambition level of the chef.

I hope the Summit has Themed dessert days. That way you get to choose different variety than normal.

• 2 weeks later...
Now you know, enjoy, also sometimes I've seen smaller versions in the buffet...

The chefs blowtorch I ordered from Amazon arrived today. Believe it or not the purchase was inspired by your "I order 2 or 3 creme brulee" post in this thread.

Starting with this recipe later tonight.... :D

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2745/ultimate-crme-brle-

The chefs blowtorch I ordered from Amazon arrived today. Believe it or not the purchase was inspired by your "I order 2 or 3 creme brulee" post in this thread.

Starting with this recipe later tonight.... :D

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2745/ultimate-crme-brle-

Careful. Once I started making my own creme brulee I could never order it out anymore. Never as good as mine.

I'm with Meatloafsfan... we seldom have dessert immediately after dinner. We usually will go to the show or for a walk, and then go to Cafe al Bacio and have dessert and tea/coffee there. Such a treat. We will order several and share.

Does anyone know what time Cafe Bacio is open until?

Cafe al Bacio closes at midnight on the Equinox, every night — at least that is what the app says. I am on her 8/4 sailing if you would like me to confirm.

Vickie

Yes the proportions may differ but that's why they wrote the first sentence too. I expected this to decrease while you moved up the lines, not the other way around. Go figure.

IMO, it does decrease and it is not necessarily because people have better manners but because on the more expensive cruise lines, there are more people serving you & working at the buffet stations. At the Oceanview buffet, you will find several stations where people are actually serving the food.

Cruising in the fall will put very few children on the ship, which is a good thing when it comes to buffet cleanliness. I love kids, and have a few myself, but kids + buffet = yuck! to me.

One thing I like about the Celebrity ships versus RCCL, is the food on the buffet. There are more fresh and/or healthy options on Celebrity. RCCL buffet food seems more institutional to me, I try to avoid it.

I can’t speak as to the flavor of the food served in Blu, but Luminae is very good. I would move up to a Sky Suite if you can. Luminae, Michael’s Club & the bulter service will make Cindy very happy! [emoji7]

Vickie