Mariner Magazine - Return Postcard To Continue Printed Copy

syesmar

Since I sail other cruise lines besides HAL, I get a ridiculously large amount of mail from cruise lines every week. Yesterday, besides the mariner magazine I received 3 other brochures. I imagine there are other people out there in the same situation. I don't think it's unreasonable for HAL to ask if you want to continue to receive the magazine. I wish some other cruise lines would do the same. I have never sailed Regent, and it's pretty safe to say I never will, but somehow I am on their mailing list. I called and asked them to stop sending me mail, but one of yesterday's brochures was from them. I wish they would ask me if I wanted them to stop.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Since I sail other cruise lines besides HAL, I get a ridiculously large amount of mail from cruise lines every week. Yesterday, besides the mariner magazine I received 3 other brochures. I imagine there are other people out there in the same situation. I don't think it's unreasonable for HAL to ask if you want to continue to receive the magazine. I wish some other cruise lines would do the same. I have never sailed Regent, and it's pretty safe to say I never will, but somehow I am on their mailing list. I called and asked them to stop sending me mail, but one of yesterday's brochures was from them. I wish they would ask me if I wanted them to stop.

The amount of promotional mail that I receive from Oceania and Regent--never having sailed on them--is ridiculous. Save the printing costs and postage and apply the savings to reducing your fares: then, I might be more interested in sailing on one of their ships. All of the mailings make me suspicious: why do they need to send all of this "stuff"?

The postcard asks for Mariner ID, so I guess we will include both of ours since they are (of course) different. :confused:

Same with the rest of the information requested, i.e., name, address, email, etc..

I received the Summer 2018 Mariner Magazine today by mail. I noticed that between pages 22 and 23 there is a postage paid postcard saying, “Don’t Miss A Thing! Please Update Your Preferences By August 31, 2018. Do you want to continue receiving Mariner? Please complete the form below to let us know how you’d like your copy. . .” with 2 checkboxes, one to continue with a printed copy and the other for digital only, and then contact information.

Just wanted to pass that along.

Happy Sailing!:)

Thank you so much for posting this information. Like a lot of others, I paid no attention to the postcard until I read your thread. I sent my card back today noting my preference. What happens to those Mariners' subscriptions who fail to respond?

The postcard asks for Mariner ID, so I guess we will include both of ours since they are (of course) different. :confused:

Same with the rest of the information requested, i.e., name, address, email, etc..

I just entered mine. I don’t want them to start sending two of them!

I have returned it, we will wait to hear if it reaches Seattle, WA from the corner mail box of Windsor, ON, Canada.

I knew that Canada Post was cutting back on services, but only one corner mail box left in Windsor? :halo:

Speaking of Canada Post, we are still waiting for our copy of the Mariner Magazine to arrive. We've received it in past years, but no sign of it yet.

We have not received it yet.[emoji30] We were also supposed to receive the email allowing us to download our e-docs for our upcoming cruise (Sept 1st). Come to think of it, I have not gotten ANYTHING from HAL lately! Have they deleted us??

HBCcruiser,

This has happened to me before. I don't know about your cruise docs, but as for the regular emails, due to an upcoming cruise we had been removed from the email list. This is standard practice -- to be removed from the list once you are booked, until that cruise is over (what they seem to overlook is that you might enjoy the emails and book another sailing in the meantime:)).

The representative at the Mariner Society put a permanent override on our accounts, so that we now receive emails even when we are booked for an upcoming sailing. Ask for the permanent override, a temporary one will only be for your current sailing and interim period, but a permanent one will have the notation on all future bookings, according to the representative.

I would call today about your cruise docs, and call the Mariner Society on Monday about the override for promotional emails.

Hopefully your MARINER Magazine will arrive soon! (There is a link on Page 1 of this Thread to view the digital format in the meantime).

Happy Sailing! :)

Edited by syesmar
spaces

HBCcruiser,

This has happened to me before. I don't know about your cruise docs, but as for the regular emails, due to an upcoming cruise we had been removed from the email list. This is standard practice -- to be removed from the list once you are booked, until that cruise is over (what they seem to overlook is that you might enjoy the emails and book another sailing in the meantime:)).

The representative at the Mariner Society put a permanent override on our accounts, so that we now receive emails even when we are booked for an upcoming sailing. Ask for the permanent override, a temporary one will only be for your current sailing and interim period, but a permanent one will have the notation on all future bookings, according to the representative.

I would call today about your cruise docs, and call the Mariner Society on Monday about the override for promotional emails.

Hopefully your MARINER Magazine will arrive soon! (There is a link on Page 1 of this Thread to view the digital format in the meantime).

Happy Sailing! :)

What a strange business practice! Now I understand why emails suddenly cease. Thanks for the info. Oh, BTW, could such poor decisions be one of the reasons HA has had to cut back so drastically? I mean HA is purposefully limiting its advertising to those who might book another cruise, right?

We do still receive the printed promotional/sales material though. Looks like it would be easier and more cost effective to zip an email to us than to mail hard copy.

Syesmar- what an odd practice! Other lines inundate you with brochures and emails hoping you’ll continue to book another cruise. Thanks for the info! I will call today.

What a strange business practice! Now I understand why emails suddenly cease. Thanks for the info. Oh, BTW, could such poor decisions be one of the reasons HA has had to cut back so drastically? I mean HA is purposefully limiting its advertising to those who might book another cruise, right?

We do still receive the printed promotional/sales material though. Looks like it would be easier and more cost effective to zip an email to us than to mail hard copy.

I have heard this before, that if you have a cruise booked HAL doesn't send you emails and brochures. We always have a cruise booked, sometimes 3 or 4, and we still get emails and brochures in the mail. I know they attach the name of our PCC to anything we get, maybe it has something to do with who you book with?

. . . We always have a cruise booked, sometimes 3 or 4, and we still get emails and brochures in the mail. . . maybe it has something to do with who you book with?

Probably. I would guess your PCC made sure that override was on there for you.