Holiday cruise

Hey all want to take the family on a Christmas cruise .... I know I said the C word in August.... anyway , the date available are somewhere between dec 22 to early Jan maybe the 8 or so .

Looking at prices , they seam a little high , is this just the price you pay for Xmas time cruises . Has anyone had any experience with last minute deal at that time of year , I don’t mind playing the waiting game for a cruise 2 weeks before she sails , I’m pretty flexible

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If possible Cruise in December before Xmas. All decorations are up Thanksgiving/Thursday nite, with Holiday music and Santa every week. Lot cheaper then, family of 4 can be half of what pay for Xmas week...

Wouldn't count of waiting for last min special, at times I've seen Holiday cruise's double from time released until day it sails...

That's our cruise. I t includes both xmas and new years and a few days before/ after, it was a little more than a regular cruise, but we did get the kids free thing so that helped. I was told to book a year ahead and we did. It has gone up since we booked and I last heard it was just about sold out. Especially the quad rooms.

You are way too late for booking this year if you want a decent price especially on one of the larger ships. We are on the Allure for Christmas and prices are up $400 per person or more from when we booked. Prices for this year are $300 per person higher than booking the same week next year.

If you are interested you should start calling a lot of TA’s as some might still have group space available at great prices ( for holiday cruises) I know of one where you can get an Oceanview room for $800pp less than the current rate on Allure. Similar savings on many categories on all Oasis class ships in existing groups.

You are way too late for booking this year if you want a decent price especially on one of the larger ships. We are on the Allure for Christmas and prices are up $400 per person or more from when we booked. Prices for this year are $300 per person higher than booking the same week next year.

If you are interested you should start calling a lot of TA’s as some might still have group space available at great prices ( for holiday cruises) I know of one where you can get an Oceanview room for $800pp less than the current rate on Allure. Similar savings on many categories on all Oasis class ships in existing groups.

Good advice, but you don't need to call as most will have prices on their websites. Another suggestion is to use the website that lets agents compete against each other for your cruise business. You might get a response from someone who has a group.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I would definitely not wait for a deal because you are likely to be disappointed and end up without a cruise. Also, if you need to fly, waiting for the last minute to get your flights is not a good idea. But hopefully you can drive and that's why you are willing to wait.

We booked our cruise for this Christmas in January after we came off our last cruise. We got what I think is a good price, but now the cruise looks like it’s almost sold out. You have to book early to get a decent price and cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good advice, but you don't need to call as most will have prices on their websites. Another suggestion is to use the website that lets agents compete against each other for your cruise business. You might get a response from someone who has a group.

Many do list those prices on their website however some don’t. The one I was referring to doesn’t.

same for our cruise, just looked the rooms are sparce and are $400 pp more, we booked a in april 2017 for our cruise.

Last year we did Oasis the week prior, 12/17 - 12/24. Was half the price of the Christmas cruise. IMO the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas are the best. Cheap, not a lot of kids, great weather in the Caribbean, and the ships are decorated.

Last year we did Oasis the week prior, 12/17 - 12/24. Was half the price of the Christmas cruise. IMO the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas are the best. Cheap, not a lot of kids, great weather in the Caribbean, and the ships are decorated.
But that's not when the OP wants to go. And presumably they'd have to take the kids out of school then, as opposed to being on vacation. And while the decorations will be up, they wouldn't actually celebrate the actual holiday.

Really it’s the only time the 4 of us can make it work daughter will be on break from university, my son works for me so I can close my business for some Christmas holidays , without to much repercussions

Really it’s the only time the 4 of us can make it work daughter will be on break from university, my son works for me so I can close my business for some Christmas holidays , without to much repercussions

Right, so suggesting that you go a week before is not useful. I am reading from the website now (was in the app on my earlier replies) and notice that you're in Canada so you're definitely going to need to fly. Have you checked airfare prices, since that is also a big consideration? If you want to sail right before Christmas then you'll likely pay top dollar and the airports will be terrible. If you can find a cruise that leaves a day or two afterwards, you could fly on Christmas Day and probably save a bunch of money and have an empty airport.

Right, so suggesting that you go a week before is not useful. I am reading from the website now (was in the app on my earlier replies) and notice that you're in Canada so you're definitely going to need to fly. Have you checked airfare prices, since that is also a big consideration? If you want to sail right before Christmas then you'll likely pay top dollar and the airports will be terrible. If you can find a cruise that leaves a day or two afterwards, you could fly on Christmas Day and probably save a bunch of money and have an empty airport.

I collect air miles with Alaska air , I earn a free one way flight every two months so air fare doesn’t scare me much LOL , need an RCCL card for Canada , we actually just bought a vacation place in the USA maybe I should apply and see what happens

FWIW, I happened to notice that Anthem of the Seas cruises out of NJ are pretty reasonably priced for the Christmas and New Years cruises, under $1300 for a balcony for an 8 night cruise. Roughly $500 less PP than the 7 night sailings on Oasis class ships . Of course, you're sailing out in cold weather so you lose a day of decent temps in each direction.

FWIW, I happened to notice that Anthem of the Seas cruises out of NJ are pretty reasonably priced for the Christmas and New Years cruises, under $1300 for a balcony for an 8 night cruise. Roughly $500 less PP than the 7 night sailings on Oasis class ships . Of course, you're sailing out in cold weather so you lose a day of decent temps in each direction.

Have yet to sail out of NY . I hear it can be a bit of a challenge

I’m booked for the Christmas sailing this year on anthem out of NJ. We booked at the beginning of the year. Price is now much higher. Anthem is great for the cold weather sailings bc of so many inside spots (covered pool and the seaplex. I’m sure getting a chair by the covered pool will be no problem (haha).

The itinerary is different than normal so I’m not too excited about the ports. (Port canaveral, Bahamas and cococay.)

I’m booked for the Christmas sailing this year on anthem out of NJ. We booked at the beginning of the year. Price is now much higher. Anthem is great for the cold weather sailings bc of so many inside spots (covered pool and the seaplex. I’m sure getting a chair by the covered pool will be no problem (haha).

The itinerary is different than normal so I’m not too excited about the ports. (Port canaveral, Bahamas and cococay.)

Folks like to go to Disney for the holiday decorations. Last year the World was docked here over Christmas.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk