Won Bingo Free Cruise

chawklit

can we go anywhere else except Carribbean or Mexico if we pay difference?

Yes, you can go elsewhere and pay the difference. I used my bingo win on a 5 day Pacific Coastal cruise and upgraded us to an aft verandah and paid the difference. Do call the number on the certificate that you received and go over all of the terms and conditions with the person. Congratulations on your win!

Congratulations!

As AQ said, you can go anywhere. They may just give you a cruise credit towards your cruise (that's what they did with my friend that won) but it worked out the same :)

Yes, you can go elsewhere and pay the difference. I used my bingo win on a 5 day Pacific Coastal cruise and upgraded us to an aft verandah and paid the difference. Do call the number on the certificate that you received and go over all of the terms and conditions with the person. Congratulations on your win!

Thanks so much!

I won the lottery once. The only difference on the lottery is that you pay taxes on it vs bingo you don’t.

I was able to use it as a credit towards the cruise, I booked an OV. The only difference is that if the price of the cruise goes down, you don’t get the price reduction.

I used it as a credit towards a reposition bing cruise from Quebec City to

FL. It was $400.00 per person credit.

Congrats on your win!

I won the lottery free cruise once. It's generally the equivalent of an interior room for two on a Mexico or Caribbean cruise. Since we prefer other room categories, we soon found out it wasn't worth as much as we got excited about! After HAL adjusts for what they refer to as commissionable fare, by the time we applied it to our higher category, it was only worth around a total of $600 (and I had to complete a 1099 for almost $1000 in IRS taxes on the winnings while on board). We could have used the "free cruise" on other itineraries, however the adjustment would have been even more drastic for more sought after cruises. Please understand, I'm not complaining - anything is better than nothing - and I loved having the "winnings"

but just a heads up for what to generally expect!

What .is the lotto game you can win a free cruise playing? How much does it cost to play?

Tickets are on sale on board. They usually draw the winning ticket at the Bingo game. You don't need to be there to win. Tickets are $10 for one or $20 for 3.

The tickets are basically one of the charge slips.

Congratulations on winning the bingo free cruise.

We were lucky to win it in 2005. It's for a base cabin for 2. I remember it being limited to Mexico and Caribbean and had other restrictions.

Since we sailed with the kids back then we had to pay the full 3 and 4th passenger fare at full pop so this ended up not being free at all. Still had fun and glad it happened.

I won a cruise at Bingo a couple of years ago. When we got back from the cruise we were on, our PCC called us asking if we had enjoyed the cruise. I told her I had won "a cruise" and asked her about switching the win to a Canada/New England one. She "negotiated" it for us - and got us almost $1,000 Canadian each off the price (and a bit of OBC). So if you have a good TA or PCC, perhaps mention it to him/her first. She used some promo code to get a reduced price, too.

We also won a cruise on board. Just to clarify - it isn't a free cruise and it isn't promoted as a free cruise. You have to pay port charges and taxes and commission on it, so it results in a nice discount on a future cruise. Yes, you can use it to book any category you want. When we used it, HAL had a promo on that sailing that had a verandah for around the same price as an inside.

My daughters won the cruise at bingo in 2011 and they had to spend only a few hundred dollars in fees for a Caribbean cruise. A third friend shared their cabin and with a promo got a better rate as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk