Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Morris and his wife Esther went to the state fair every year, and every year Morris would say, 'Esther, I'd like to ride in that helicopter.' Esther always replied, 'I know Morris, but that Helicopter ride is fifty dollars, and fifty dollars is fifty dollars.'

One year Esther and Morris went to the fair, and Morris said, 'Esther, I'm 85 Years old. If I don't ride that helicopter, I might never get another chance.' To this, Esther replied, 'Morris that helicopter ride is fifty dollars, and fifty dollars is fifty dollars.'

The pilot overheard the couple and said, 'Folks I'll make you a deal. I'll take both of you for a ride, and if you can stay quiet for the entire ride and not say a word, I won't charge you. But if you say one word, it's fifty dollars.'

Morris and Esther agreed and up they went. The pilot did all kinds of fancy maneuvers, but not a word was heard. He did his daredevil tricks over and over again, but still not a word.

When they landed, the pilot turned to Morris and said, 'By golly, I did everything I could to get you to yell out, but you didn't. I'm impressed!'

Morris replied, 'Well, to tell you the truth, I almost said something when Esther fell out, but you know, fifty dollars is fifty dollars.’

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

I also want to wish ALL the Dad's, Grandpa's, Great Grandpa's, Step Dads and anyone who fills that space......a Very Happy Father's Day.

Today is the final round of the US OPEN and my dad would always watch this together (along with lots of other sporting events). Those memories always bring me great joy and I still miss him every day. He was my best friend..........

Free Fathers Day Clipart

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

I also want to wish ALL the Dad's, Grandpa's, Great Grandpa's, Step Dads and anyone who fills that space......a Very Happy Father's Day.  Today is the final round of the US OPEN and my dad would always watch this together (along with lots of other sporting events). Those memories always bring me great joy and I still miss him every day.

Yes!  YES!!  Appreciate Lois' wonderful shout-out for both Father's Day and this afternoon's U.S. Open final round.  Great day of celebration!!

Our son and grandsons will be down in Virginia, but we will be up in Ohio with our latest "little one", the Aussie Labroodle, Lizzie.  How is she doing at age seven and a half months?  Getting bigger and had to have her neutering surgery done in the past week.  See a couple of visuals of her below from the past week.  

On golf, with it being played on the super elite grounds of the hyper-private Los Angeles Country Club, we can watch these final 18 holes in "Prime-Time" for those of us in the eastern and middle parts of our country.  Close, interesting battles with the top, BEST golfers from both the LIV and PGA.  Those pro golfer battles, etc., are a topic to avoid right now on these boards.  Millionaires versus billionaires??  Too much of that in pro sports?

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Late Summer 2022, many scenic visuals and details from Canada Maritimes doing Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Cape Breton Island, etc., via a Tauck land tour.  Visual Summary:

www.flickr.com/photos/196555480@N08/albums

Below is Lizzie up close with her amazing eyes and then outside playing and running with a fun stick.  The life of a puppy?  Like her tail?:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these visuals larger/better!)

image.thumb.jpeg.fc308f19843cbc9ae2cb03c90d217869.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.29e3218e324c6117375a2fb37bec6fd5.jpeg

• Like 4

Terry, I think a few of those "top" golfers just want to win this major.  Not going to get into the $$$ part on here but when it comes to the "Majors" (just my opinion)....I think winning those 4 tournaments is the thing.  And yes, I watched till the end last night and will do the same this evening. Scheffler's Eagle on 17 from the fairway was something else!

And your pup is just so cute😃

5 hours ago, highplanesdrifters said:

And now you're CEO.

You'd better believe it. My Mam was just as helpful starting my little brothers career. He's head brewer at North Wales' best brewery now. He wasn't as cute as me so they stopped having babies when he was born.

IMG_1920.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Daveywavey70 said:

You'd better believe it. My Mam was just as helpful starting my little brothers career. He's head brewer at North Wales' best brewery now. He wasn't as cute as me so they stopped having babies when he was born.

No more free beer for you after he reads this!  😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lvshack said:

I'm not sure exactly what happened to my earlier posts ..maybe I'm black listed ..

But just wanted to let you know on the cooler that my dear husband & I have just returned from a fabulous short break from our favourite hotel in Palma & arrived home late Saturday evening & then up early this morning for my husband's 4th round over 60's Motocross meeting in fleet Hampshire...we love fine dinning& wine 

.. fabulous hotels & well Motocross!?? 

IMG_20230616_150105.jpg

IMG_20230616_230530.jpg

IMG_20230618_141701.jpg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Lois R said:

Terry, I think a few of those "top" golfers just want to win this major.  Not going to get into the $$$ part on here but when it comes to the "Majors" (just my opinion)....I think winning those 4 tournaments is the thing.  And yes, I watched till the end last night and will do the same this evening. Scheffler's Eagle on 17 from the fairway was something else!   And your pup is just so cute😃

Agree with Lois that for the top pro golfers, it is all about the "MAJORS".  That's what they seek and for which they focus.  From Central Ohio, Jack Nicklaus won eighteen major titles and built his game around these top tournaments, including the Masters.  

Coming up for golf fans will what the UK calls "The Open".  Here it is called the British Open. It will be the 151st Open Championship, played July 20-23, 2023 at Royal Liverpool Golf Club in Hoylake, Merseyside, England.  Anyone from the UK planning to attend?  Or, has past British Open experiences to share?

On the British Open, our Jack Nicklaus won it three times: 1966, 1970 and 1978.  

Glad that Lois is so high-class with great judgement to like our Lizzie.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio