C&A Welcome Back Party?

I've been away from cruising for waaaay too long! But we'll be on the Allure at the beginning of September.

I am wondering - do they still do a C&A reception for returning guests? I remember a small reception with a few cocktails and passed appetizers. If so, do you know what time/day they do it on the Allure?

And also, is there still sparkling wine served during the first formal night?

No welcome back party for a while now; however, they have a Top Tier party for Platinum and up. On Allure our experience has been they hold it in the Aqua Theatre the second morning about 10:45 and serve drinks. They do serve some champagne at the Captain's reception in the promenade on a formal night.

The top tier party will soon be on its way out due to lack of interest. Just off Majesty yesterday and 291 people were invited. About 30 people showed up. It's scaled way back and is now becoming a waste of time. I'm sure the officers also have better things to do with their time.

The top tier party will soon be on its way out due to lack of interest. Just off Majesty yesterday and 291 people were invited. About 30 people showed up. It's scaled way back and is now becoming a waste of time. I'm sure the officers also have better things to do with their time.

On our recent 5 night also on Majesty, the top tier party was held early evening, when many passengers were at dinner, the show or even at the D/D+/P event. We also had sparse attendance.

However, also on a 5 night Majesty, they had an upper D+ ( 350 and up) lunch with an officer that was very nice. There were relatively few in the category and I believe most if not all who were invited attended. There were under 20 passengers attending and the officers included the Captain, Hotel Director, LA and F&B director. Very well done!

M

On our recent 5 night also on Majesty, the top tier party was held early evening, when many passengers were at dinner, the show or even at the D/D+/P event. We also had sparse attendance.

However, also on a 5 night Majesty, they had an upper D+ ( 350 and up) lunch with an officer that was very nice. There were relatively few in the category and I believe most if not all who were invited attended. There were under 20 passengers attending and the officers included the Captain, Hotel Director, LA and F&B director. Very well done!

M

In my opinion, all of these are correct and none are 100%. It varies a little week to week and ship to ship. As cruisegirl alluded to, I've seen it scheduled for the worst times. This and with the meet and mingle, I sense a conspiracy to kill it with bad scheduling. My last time on Majesty was a good time, that was about 330 days ago. We had a good time at the one on Jewel a few months ago. A couple of years ago on Freedom it was so well attended, the broke it up to too events and we got go to both.

I prefer to go into the DL because usually the top tier party is on to early for us.

In my opinion, all of these are correct and none are 100%. It varies a little week to week and ship to ship. As cruisegirl alluded to, I've seen it scheduled for the worst times. This and with the meet and mingle, I sense a conspiracy to kill it with bad scheduling. My last time on Majesty was a good time, that was about 330 days ago. We had a good time at the one on Jewel a few months ago. A couple of years ago on Freedom it was so well attended, the broke it up to too events and we got go to both.
I think you are spot on with your reasoning that they want to kill the top tier party and I agree the schedule is definitely not at a convenient time.

Sailed the Allure 7-22-18. Top Tier event was held in Dazzles.

The last few times on Allure it was at the Aqua theater at 10:30am. They served mimosa and bloodmarys. Then a small show after the event. What time did they do it at Dazzles and what did they serve?

The last few times on Allure it was at the Aqua theater at 10:30am. They served mimosa and bloodmarys. Then a small show after the event. What time did they do it at Dazzles and what did they serve?

Was in the morning of the 1st sea day. They served champagne, bloody marys and rum punch. Some Pinnacles were served Baileys and mixed drinks. Music was provided

Who was the HD on your cruise? Thanks, R&D

It appears JD is done with the Majesty. Francois's been taking over when Irfan's on vacation.

JD is the alternate HD for Grandeur and Empress. Was last on Grandeur and just started his vacation about a week ago.

All the times we have sailed allure, the top tier was just like oasis, in the aquatheatre. Were there really low numbers of c&a on your cruise? Dazzles cant fit more than a couple hundred people?

Will see you and Sandy in a couple of months.

Sailed the Allure 7-22-18. Top Tier event was held in Dazzles.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

All the times we have sailed allure, the top tier was just like oasis, in the aquatheatre. Were there really low numbers of c&a on your cruise? Dazzles cant fit more than a couple hundred people?

Will see you and Sandy in a couple of months.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

We were on Oasis with John and Sandy when they made Pinnacle. The top tier event for members in the aqua theater was packed!! Hard to find a seat. Was cool watching them accept their honor. :D

We were on Oasis with John and Sandy when they made Pinnacle. The top tier event for members in the aqua theater was packed!! Hard to find a seat. Was cool watching them accept their honor. :D

I think I had too much champagne to remember.......wait, no such thing as too much champagne! ha!

Our last couple on Oasis Class ships have also been well attended.

Oasis often does the Suite/PC party in Dazzles right after the Top Tier. Other times it's in SL/CK

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk