Hurricanes, where do they re route you for a bermuda cruise?

LSauls7537

I know for the Caribbean, you can go eastern, western, Bahamas, but what about Bermuda.

On a recent NCL Dawn sailing out of Boston that was supposed to go to Bermuda they sent them to Canada. While Canada is nice, when you're expecting Bermuda it doesn't compare but that is the risk you take when you book during Hurricane season.

In 2010, RC went to Nassau for 2 days when a hurricane was headed for Bermuda. It was a letdown, since we were looking forward to discovering Bermuda, but nothing you can do about the weather. They had offered no penalty for cancellation or $400 obc to stay on the re-routed cruise. Since vacations & air were already done, we just made the best of it & actually came home with a little bit of cash.

The Norwegian Escape which leaves from New York City was scheduled for Bermuda but changed it’s itinerary to Port Canaveral, Great Stirrup Cay and Nassau this week. The Norwegian Dawn, based out of Boston also changed it’s itinerary from Bermuda to three stops in Canada and Bar Harbor, Maine.No ships are visiting Bermuda this week due to the Category Four Hurricane heading to the Southeast United States which should effect either South Carolina, North Carolina, or Virginia starting late Thursday or early Friday.

This week's cruise to Bermuda out of Miami (Carnival Pride) changed to an Eastern Caribbean itinerary, staying south of the hurricane path.

Isn't Pride in Baltimore?

Doh, yes!

Sorry, dunno where I got Miami from...

EDIT: now I know where the word "Miami" came from: the Carnival press release was from the Fleet Operations Center in Miami, so that stuck in my head for some reason, and when I went to type the home port, "Miami" spat out.

If the carnival pride went to the Bahamas this week, then that means it will be coming up the coast Friday to return to Baltimore Saturday morning, how are they going to do this with a Cat 4 Hurricane making landfall on Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If the carnival pride went to the Bahamas this week, then that means it will be coming up the coast Friday to return to Baltimore Saturday morning, how are they going to do this with a Cat 4 Hurricane making landfall on Friday.
Pride sails Sunday-Sunday. If the schedule holds, she'll be in Freeport on Friday. Still could be rough on Saturday, though.

The storm should be out of Pride’s way by mid-day Thursday. The Pride normally departs Baltimore on Sunday, although remnants of the storm could be an issue in Baltimore over the weekend.

Landfall actually appears to be projected for Thursday evening in southeastern North Carolina, but of course that could change over the next 48-72 hours.

Sent from my eye phone using a three legged yak FFS

I think you have a better chance of going to Canada.

I’m also on this cruise.... how far in advance do they usually inform you of an itinerary change?

I’m guessing there are no refunds for changed itineraries?

Although I’ve been watching the weather and it’s supposed to hit the Carolinas on Thursday.... Bermuda weather on the 15th: High 80s and wind speeds are significantly reduced compared to Wednesday.

Still...crossing my fingers and hoping for a good experience!

I’m guessing there are no refunds for changed itineraries?

On Sunday's Pride sailing out of Baltimore that was changed from Bermuda, it was reported that Carnival gave passengers a 25% future cruise credit that expired in 18 months. It's basically a goodwill gesture since it's in the cruise contract that they don't have to offer anything because of weather changing the itinerary.

We are set to cruise from Baltimore on Sunday, Sept 16th. I'm worried that hurricane Florence may close the Baltimore port. Has this ever happened? If they close it, will they dock somewhere else and still offer the cruise? We live in Charlotte, NC so we are watching the hurricane closely.

Also, do all cruise ships sail along the coast line then head out to Bermuda? Or if leaving from New York, would they head east into the Atlantic and turn south to Bermuda?

They sail south east route.. This is from my norwegian escape cruise in may:

DSC00637.jpg

Edited by shof515