Straws

Kscout

I read awhile back that Norwegian was going to stop offering straws with drinks. I was going to Amazon some stainless steel ones but want to make sure this was actually the case before I do. Can someone give me an update about this, especially from the Pearl? Thanks

Is it possible for someone to please post a sticky about straws please? I don't mean to be rude, rather... productive, this question is frequently asked, and would be easier on a sticky imo.

I read awhile back that Norwegian was going to stop offering straws with drinks. I was going to Amazon some stainless steel ones but want to make sure this was actually the case before I do. Can someone give me an update about this, especially from the Pearl? Thanks

Seriously ,why do you need to use a straw for a beverage ? Do you drink water with a straw ? The last time I used a straw for a beverage was when I was in my teens.

Seriously ,why do you need to use a straw for a beverage ? Do you drink water with a straw ? The last time I used a straw for a beverage was when I was in my teens.
Frozen drinks are way more enjoyable with a straw. Otherwise the first few sips are good then the rest turns into a slushy watery mess.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

I brought a bunch of wrapped straws I got from McDonald's over the summer (take a couple extra here and there) for our RC cruise last month because I read they didn't have plastic straws anymore. Actually, they did and even though it said to 'ask for a straw', all the bartenders were putting them in the frozen cocktails. There is information about them going to paper and I vaguely remember them from when I was a kid. They don't work so well, hence the switch to plastic when it came available.

We all love it, getting straws from MCD, cruising on the cheap

I never had a frozen drink

A week ago, I had the best coffee/chocolate frozen drink from the Java or Atrium Cafe & Bar on Deck 7, mid ship on the Pearl.

2-3 shots of expresso and high quality cocoa, blended together. Instead of opting for 2 scoops of cocoa, I had the second scoop of vanilla.

Straw didn’t bother me, as I was able to drink it slowly and they do provide you with a wooden thingie to stir.

However, when I ordered a Mojito, it was an awkward drink without a straw.

I plan to bring straws and umbrellas for my drinks in November.:halo:

I always use a straw, my front teeth are crazy sensitive to cold and tea stains :). We’ll be packing straws for our December cruise. To each their own.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Mine too!

I wasn't the only one carrying straws on our recent Bermuda cruise. I used a travel toothbrush holder to carry some straws in my purse. Worked very well.

• 2 weeks later...

Straws are coming end of Oct according to the officers on escape but they will be paper ones - so if you prefer silicone best to bring your own... i was one of the only ones and people were definitely eyeing up my straw!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

:rolleyes:

I have extremely sensitive teeth, and HATE to drink a drink with ice in it without a straw. It's a personal preference that doesn't affect you at all, why do you have to be rude about it?

I plan on bringing paper straws on my November cruise if NCL doesn't have them in place by then. I use stainless steel ones at home.

I was on the NCL Sky last week. The bartender gave me my drink and then provided me with a paper straw without my asking for it. The straws are individually wrapped.

I would assume if the paper straws are on the smaller ships they are now available fleetwide

On the Pearl two weeks ago. No straws. DH was concerned, but truly, we did not miss them. (And I brought paper straws just in case. Used one, didn't really need it.)

Someone on an NCL FB page posted that hard paper straws are now available on the Escape. I’m assuming that will roll out to the other ships. Of course, some are already complaining that they hate paper. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I wonder how they differentiate drinks.

Ie Mrs G orders a Coke, I order a Diet Coke, normally that use different straws, or two in one one in the other.

Flags. Umbrellas. Lollipops

Or they could just tell you which one's the diet.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I wonder how they differentiate drinks.

Ie Mrs G orders a Coke, I order a Diet Coke, normally that use different straws, or two in one one in the other.

Diet in the right hand regular in the left. Works for many other situations as (EG 1 coke and jack daniels and 1 coke and jim beam) so it applies to more than just your specific instance.