Bad Behavior in the Diamond Lounge

airbusdrvr

Hi Cruisers: This doesn't address the converted "diamond lounge on the Majesty but this occurred on the Majesty the last week in Aug. on the Cuba cruise. There was a special Diamond and above & full suite only breakfast on the Deck 3 dinning room & all other breakfast was in deck 4 dinning area. There was around 30 people in restrictive room and we were seated next to entry. There was a very nice Female head waiter in uniform at entrance and she checked every sign & sail card. In our short time there there were over eighteen people who passed three signs and went for tables but she appeared and all left.

Last time on Freedom in Concierge lounge the concierge was gone for a while and room was filling up quickly with groups entering when door opened. when she returned she started moving around checking cards and about 8 people got up and left before she got to them after she caught the first two. I have no problem being carded and if more did it it would reduce alot of problems that are occuring

I agree. Helps with the already overcrowding in the DLs.

Honestly, if the vaping bothered me I move to another area in the diamond club. As far as him getting the drinks, I personally don't care either way whether he has 1, 2, 10 or. 20, its none of my business and I don't care what he eats, but the guy wearing the robe just makes it more fun people watching. :D

WOW!:o Definition #2

Sounds like the wait staff handled that correctly. The young man was on vacation and was treated like royalty. Kudos to rcl staff. Sorry that you were offended by his behavior but i really think it was handled correctly . If you are talking about vaping which could be offensive to all around him and a potential health risk. Maybe he should have been politely advised as i think he was

OMG!!!! Someone like that treated like royalty? Would you allow that in your home since he was a guest? Everyone has an opinion and I think yours is .....................................

On Majesty, I see lots of people walk to the diamond area, say something like , "hey - look at this, this is nice" then get a plate of food and leave. I can see the room keys on their lanyard, and they are not D ( or above) and there is no indication ( color coded card) that they are in a suite. Often there is no one from the ship "securing the entrances". Yes there is a sign at either end, but nothing in the middle. I don't fault these people, as there is no way for them to know it is private event. I would never say anything to the passenger or even the staff. Sure it is for the D and up and suites, but we are not losing anything if someone takes a chicken wing.

Bar staff rarely get involved passenger issues, perhaps for fear of bad ratings.

Bad or inappropriate behavior happens everywhere, everyday, not just in a lounge on a cruise ship.

M

I disagree that “we are not losing anything if someone takes a chicken wing.”

When a perk for the company’s customers becomes abused by those who have not earned that perk...and even excused by those customers who HAVE, we can expect changes. Essentially your attitude is being generous on someone else’s dime. RCCL may not confront offenders, but perhaps the quality or quantity of the appetizers will decline. Maybe it will be bowls of pretzels. Maybe there will be adjustments on the drink side.

RCCL will not allow this attitude of “generosity” by some...or this “vacation entitlement” of others to hit its bottom line.

Rule breaking will “cost” you...you can bet on it.

I don't fault these people, as there is no way for them to know it is private event. I would never say anything to the passenger or even the staff. Sure it is for the D and up and suites, but we are not losing anything if someone takes a chicken wing.

Bar staff rarely get involved passenger issues, perhaps for fear of bad ratings. Bad or inappropriate behavior happens everywhere, everyday, not just in a lounge on a cruise ship.

M

Totally shocked and surprised that you would make such a statement allowing someone who has not earned the benefits to partake of them. Regardless if is is one wing or coming into the DL when not authorized.

I have been cruising RCI since 1986 and earned the right to become DL. Our benefits are being taken away because this category is getting too big. That is like saying you would allow anyone into your home to join in. LOL

It's not the one wing. It is the principle and earning of the privilege. JMHO!

Okay, so let's start with the fact that he broke multiple rules-vaping, giving drinks to what we only can assume are his n on-diamond friends, inappropriate dress during lounge hours and was pretty drunk from the account. It's not the wait staff's job to enforce the lounge rules. It's the concierge's, so where was he/she?.

This was on Majesty, there is no concierge or Diamond Lounge. Part of the VCL is roped off every night for a Diamond Event.

Must have been a really talented guy to be able to carry 2 plates of appetizers and 4 White Russians out of the lounge, all the time vaping. Someone really should have told him no white robe after Labor Day though.

Wondering the same thing......and you got us laughing...thanks! :):D;p

What did he do wrong anyway besides not being dressed appropriately. He wasn't rude or mean or violent.

He was not suppose to take drinks out of the DL. How did they or why did they allow him to be served 4 drinks at a time?

So, if you are not rude or violent you may do as you please? Please get serious!

What did he do wrong anyway besides not being dressed appropriately. He wasn't rude or mean or violent.

1. He was smoking

2. He was removing food and beverages from the Diamond event to give to others not included in the event.

3. The above referenced ARE rude

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If a business gives me a personal gift certificate, it is my perogative to be generous with MY gift and share all or some of it with others. That’s honest generosity.

When, however, someone decides to be “generous” with benefits given to a whole class of people in addition tothemselves, in fact they are cheating the other people in the group. They are being “generous”in a way that might dilute or destroy that perk for all others involved.

If too many have the attitude, the “perk” changes to the detriment of all.

So don’t congratulate yourself on your tolerance or generosity. You are instead doing a real disservice to a large group of people who earned those perks.

Airbusdrvr and Mistral Wind- Thats the exact problem in this world today, everybody is budding in everybody's business and I am proud to be whatever this number 2 is because I am not a trouble maker causing problems and if it were me on that cruise I have a great time than focus on stupidity and nonsense and neverless, create a post about this after the cruise. Number 1= complaint department & Number 2= Not a trouble maker. Sorry, but again, how does the OP know he didn't belong in there?

As for acting and Hazence- How do you really know whether that person didn't belong in diamond club?!