Jump to content
ghstudio

Elite cocktail hours extended...permanent change

Recommended Posts

On 10/29/2018 at 6:17 AM, ghstudio said:

The elite cocktail hours are now 4:30-7:30 and you can get drinks at all bars and restaurants  except the cellar master.  This is permanent on reflection and most likely on other ships that have converted to coupons on your sea card..per our captains club hostess. 

How can I find out if the new hours are now valid on the Summit along with the 3 drinks being put on our cards? Going on Thanksgiving week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bananawindnj said:

How can I find out if the new hours are now valid on the Summit along with the 3 drinks being put on our cards? Going on Thanksgiving week.

There will be a Elite Benefit summary sheet in your cabin upon arrival.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

You are limited to those same exact menu choices as shown on the Elite HH menu.

Bummer. But thank you for the answer 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

There will be a Elite Benefit summary sheet in your cabin upon arrival.

Thanks, I did know that from previous sailings. I have my-time dining and was hoping the drink time extended to 8PM as we eat at 7-7:30PM usually. I was trying to figure out ahead of time to reserve a dining time. It is usually too late to reserve time between 6:30 & 7:30PM once you are on the ship.  There is not much info from the Summit roll call to tell if the change had occurred on that ship yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bananawindnj said:

Thanks, I did know that from previous sailings. I have my-time dining and was hoping the drink time extended to 8PM as we eat at 7-7:30PM usually. I was trying to figure out ahead of time to reserve a dining time. It is usually too late to reserve time between 6:30 & 7:30PM once you are on the ship.  There is not much info from the Summit roll call to tell if the change had occurred on that ship yet.

I disembarked the Summit on October 21, and the happy hour was 5-7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no consistency......don’t even bother to ask celebrity hq, they have no clue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see no sign that it will be extended further.  If you want to eat at 8, stop at a bar just before 7:30 and pick up a glass of wine to take with you into the dining room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always have a drink package these days (booking bennie) but often showed up to the Sky at happy hour. Even when there were too many Elites and coupons were used that was where the "old guard" was to be found. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, A Sixth? said:

Always have a drink package these days (booking bennie) but often showed up to the Sky at happy hour. Even when there were too many Elites and coupons were used that was where the "old guard" was to be found. 

Exactly! On our previous ( and only!) X cruise we had a beverage package (and upgraded) but we still went to the Sky Lounge for the Captain's Club "event" each evening as we had met some lovely people and enjoyed meeting up with them again.

We are on the Eclipse next week and plan on doing this again.

Edited by workingtocruise-59
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, workingtocruise-59 said:

Exactly! On our previous ( and only!) X cruise we had a beverage package (and upgraded) but we still went to the Sky Lounge for the Captain's Club "event" each evening as we had met some lovely people and enjoyed meeting up with them again.

We are on the Eclipse next week and plan on doing this again.

We do the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wondered when Celebrity would start cutting Captain's Club benefits, first it is limiting happy hour drinks to 3, soon it will be 2 or 1 or none. Next will be reduced or eliminated laundry/dry cleaning, then reduced/eliminated internet time, then eliminate the Captain's Club breakfast, then the specialty coffee benefit. If no one complains, why not do it.

 

I think this new procedure is a way to increase the lines' liquor revenue and decrease the amount of free drinks given out. Skylight lounge is the best happy hour venue on all the Celebrity ships in my opinion and now anyone can enter when before it was Elites only from 5-7 pm.

 

I suspect that some of the posts here may be bogus in my opinion and may be from cruise line employees, trying to make us feel like this is a good policy, sort of like fake reviews on internet review sites.

 

Long term Celebrity/Chandris cruiser, Elite +.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Snorkelboy50 said:

Wondered when Celebrity would start cutting Captain's Club benefits, first it is limiting happy hour drinks to 3, soon it will be 2 or 1 or none. Next will be reduced or eliminated laundry/dry cleaning, then reduced/eliminated internet time, then eliminate the Captain's Club breakfast, then the specialty coffee benefit. If no one complains, why not do it.

 

I think this new procedure is a way to increase the lines' liquor revenue and decrease the amount of free drinks given out. Skylight lounge is the best happy hour venue on all the Celebrity ships in my opinion and now anyone can enter when before it was Elites only from 5-7 pm.

 

I suspect that some of the posts here may be bogus in my opinion and may be from cruise line employees, trying to make us feel like this is a good policy, sort of like fake reviews on internet review sites.

 

Long term Celebrity/Chandris cruiser, Elite +.

Your fortune telling ball seems to be overly clouded by pessimism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Snorkelboy50 said:

...I suspect that some of the posts here may be bogus in my opinion and may be from cruise line employees, trying to make us feel like this is a good policy, sort of like fake reviews on internet review sites....

 

And I suspect some of the posts are from Trolls   Be on the lookout for them. :classic_ohmy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see this change as an increase in benefits.  More people can now utilize the 3 drinks, especially over dinner.  Whatever drinks credit that is not utilized for drinks, guests can exchange for a couple of bottles of water or soda to take back to the room from any bar or restaurant.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is horrible news! The happy hour is one of the only reasons we continue to cruise with celebrity as the food and service has gone completely down hill since we started cruising with them 15 years ago...and this is just another thing they’re  taking away. Call me all the names you want- I will certainly miss all the free drinks past number three I used to enjoy at the happy hour 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For us this is a enhanced benefit as sometimes we cruise with others' who are not Elite.  Therefore, we can all meet at a certain lounge and enjoy cocktails together.  It also gives us the option to book an inside if the other categories are too high priced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The HH is a nice benefit that is not offered on NCL.  Fortunately, since we are Diamond on RCI, we enjoy that fantastic HH that runs from 4:30 to 8 and while in the lounge you can order as many drinks as you want, but limited to 3 outside the lounge.  Love ordering a glass of wine with dinner.

 

With the X HH from 5-7, we normally don't drink more than 3 drinks anyway, but with the entended hours, there was the potential for more.   Still, we don't want the stinking beverage package.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So  many have drink packages.  It seems the Elite lounge is much emptier than it used to be.  At least that's our recent experience.  Does a bottle of water count against the three drink limit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After being disappointed on three celeb cruises in a row ( mainly issues over food in Dining Room, elitism over suites etc.) we will not be sailing with celeb unless an itinerary comes up that we cant refuse. I am glad to see however the change from one lounge  to using your card for three drinks in many locations. Hope it is fleet wide. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BosoxI said:

So  many have drink packages.  It seems the Elite lounge is much emptier than it used to be.  At least that's our recent experience.  Does a bottle of water count against the three drink limit?

Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the 3 drinks available on embarkation day and the day of the Senior Officers cocktail party?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elite drinks are not available the night of embarkation, but on our cruise, you could use coupons every other night.  

 

If if you order water using a coupon, they give you two bottles of water (currently on reflection)

Edited by ghstudio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only plus for me with their new policy is I don't have to come back from a shore excursion at 5pm and have to go change from  shorts into slacks to go to HH in the Sky Lounge.  

 

Unfortunately, sitting at the bar in the Sky Lounge, having the bartender chill my beers on ice, topping off my wife's cosmos, and experimenting with his drink concoctions -- those days are all gone.  :classic_sad:

 

Just off RCCL Anthem and enjoyed their 3 1/2 unlimited HH in the Diamond Lounge in addition to the 3 drinks on the seapass.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, BosoxI said:

So  many have drink packages.  It seems the Elite lounge is much emptier than it used to be.  At least that's our recent experience.  Does a bottle of water count against the three drink limit?

 

On our a last Spring Reflection TA, if you did not get to the Sky Lounge by 5 pm for HH you did not get a seat. Same was with the Ensemble Lounge during that time period.

Edited by Banjo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ghstudio said:

Elite drinks are not available the night of embarkation, but on our cruise, you could use coupons every other night.  

 

If if you order water using a coupon, they give you two bottles of water (currently on reflection)

 

So no Elite drinks are available the first night?  It wasn't available before because the Lounge wasn't available, however, it seems petty and cheap to me to not allow the use of coupons on the first night now.

 

The two bottles of water are a good thing, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've always enjoyed meeting passengers in the Sky Lounge, even if it did require standing in line while our eligibility was validated...then search for a seat. At times, I over-enjoyed some of the better appetizers and by the time we should have been heading to dinner, decided to skip the large MDR meal and search out a gelato. With the increased number of repeat passengers, I can understand Celebrity's need to modify the two hour HH and make things easier for staff/crew by tacking 3 drinks onto our sea pass.  Wouldn't it be nice if the three drinks were allowed any time?  If that were allowed, maybe I would have reached my 3 drink limit well before dinner and then ordered a bottle of wine......increase revenue!   

 

Oh, how I miss the martini bar on the Constellation!

 

Darcy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, WatchHill said:

.  Wouldn't it be nice if the three drinks were allowed any time?  If that were allowed, maybe I would have reached my 3 drink limit well before dinner and then ordered a bottle of wine......increase revenue!   

 

Darcy

Would love that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Banjo said:

 

On our a last Spring Reflection TA, if you did not get to the Sky Lounge by 5 pm for HH you did not get a seat. Same was with the Ensemble Lounge during that time period.

 

TAs are a different animal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are D+ on Royal, Elite on Celebrity. We enjoy going to the lounge to visit and have a drink.  We get the drink package to enjoy a coffee, juice, glass of wine at dinner or drink when we want....... will have maybe 3 alcohol drinks the whole day. Just wondering how much can someone drink?  Three free drinks in a couple hours is a nice benefit. Have seen too many fall down drunks or a passenger passed out on the couch somewhere on the ship. Sermon is over !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, swsf99a said:

We are D+ on Royal, Elite on Celebrity. We enjoy going to the lounge to visit and have a drink.  We get the drink package to enjoy a coffee, juice, glass of wine at dinner or drink when we want....... will have maybe 3 alcohol drinks the whole day. Just wondering how much can someone drink?  Three free drinks in a couple hours is a nice benefit. Have seen too many fall down drunks or a passenger passed out on the couch somewhere on the ship. Sermon is over !

Oh, I don't know! I am on holiday/vacation. Perhaps a morning glass of champagne/Bellini/ Mimosa with breakfast ( though I would always normally wait until noon!). A small  glass (or two) of wine with lunch, a mid-afternoon cocktail, a cocktail at the show, a pre-dinner cocktail, a glass (or two) of wine with dinner, a post-dinner cocktail... Already at nine...Oh dear!!

Edited by workingtocruise-59

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, workingtocruise-59 said:

Oh, I don't know! I am on holiday/vacation. Perhaps a morning glass of champagne/Bellini/ Mimosa with breakfast ( though I would always normally wait until noon!). A small  glass (or two) of wine with lunch, a mid-afternoon cocktail, a cocktail at the show, a pre-dinner cocktail, a glass (or two) of wine with dinner, a post-dinner cocktail... Already at nine...Oh dear!!

Who's counting.:classic_wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, davekathy said:

Who's counting.:classic_wink:

I count, since I want to keep healthy.  I hand a friend that drank like that every dat and dyed of liver failure at 65.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy Hour on the Silhouette TA right now is 3 drinks on your card for use between 5:00 & 7:00.  No extended hours.  Sky Lounge is available every night except Sr Officers' Cocktail Party.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, BosoxI said:

 

TAs are a different animal

 

I was on the Solstice for a 10 day Vancouver to Honolulu cruise this past September. They had a decent crowd in the Sky Lounge. All the seats along the windows were full. I did not ask the Captain's Club Hostess how many Elites or higher were onboard so from my observations on who showed for Elite Breakfast it probably was not a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

I count, since I want to keep healthy.  I hand a friend that drank like that every dat and dyed of liver failure at 65.

Hello, it wasn't a serious comment! You didn't notice the smiling/winking Emoji. :classic_rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Banjo said:

 

I was on the Solstice for a 10 day Vancouver to Honolulu cruise this past September. They had a decent crowd in the Sky Lounge. All the seats along the windows were full. I did not ask the Captain's Club Hostess how many Elites or higher were onboard so from my observations on who showed for Elite Breakfast it probably was not a lot.

We're Elite and we never go to the Elite breakfast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We're Elite and we never go to the Elite breakfast. 

 

I go sometimes, to get the specialty coffee and fresh squeezed juice, usually on sea days but only a small subset of Elite members on a sailing have ever attended on my sailings. I believe that is because it is a continental breakfast. Most prefer breakfast in the buffet or dining room. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

 

I go sometimes, to get the specialty coffee and fresh squeezed juice, usually on sea days but only a small subset of Elite members on a sailing have ever attended on my sailings. I believe that is because it is a continental breakfast. Most prefer breakfast in the buffet or dining room. 

Exactly. We prefer breakfast in the MDR. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Hello, it wasn't a serious comment! You didn't notice the smiling/winking Emoji. :classic_rolleyes:

davekathy,

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend.  I don't use Emojis and usually ignore them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Victory Cruise Lines Sweepstakes - Enter now for a chance to win a free 9-night cruise on Victory II
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2018
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Community Contests
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×