Elite cocktail hours extended...permanent change

ghstudio

Elite drinks are not available the night of embarkation, but on our cruise, you could use coupons every other night.  

If if you order water using a coupon, they give you two bottles of water (currently on reflection)

Edited by ghstudio

The only plus for me with their new policy is I don't have to come back from a shore excursion at 5pm and have to go change from  shorts into slacks to go to HH in the Sky Lounge.  

Unfortunately, sitting at the bar in the Sky Lounge, having the bartender chill my beers on ice, topping off my wife's cosmos, and experimenting with his drink concoctions -- those days are all gone.  :classic_sad:

Just off RCCL Anthem and enjoyed their 3 1/2 unlimited HH in the Diamond Lounge in addition to the 3 drinks on the seapass.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BosoxI said:

So  many have drink packages.  It seems the Elite lounge is much emptier than it used to be.  At least that's our recent experience.  Does a bottle of water count against the three drink limit?

On our a last Spring Reflection TA, if you did not get to the Sky Lounge by 5 pm for HH you did not get a seat. Same was with the Ensemble Lounge during that time period.

Edited by Banjo

21 hours ago, ghstudio said:

Elite drinks are not available the night of embarkation, but on our cruise, you could use coupons every other night.  

If if you order water using a coupon, they give you two bottles of water (currently on reflection)

So no Elite drinks are available the first night?  It wasn't available before because the Lounge wasn't available, however, it seems petty and cheap to me to not allow the use of coupons on the first night now.

The two bottles of water are a good thing, though.

• Like 1

We've always enjoyed meeting passengers in the Sky Lounge, even if it did require standing in line while our eligibility was validated...then search for a seat. At times, I over-enjoyed some of the better appetizers and by the time we should have been heading to dinner, decided to skip the large MDR meal and search out a gelato. With the increased number of repeat passengers, I can understand Celebrity's need to modify the two hour HH and make things easier for staff/crew by tacking 3 drinks onto our sea pass.  Wouldn't it be nice if the three drinks were allowed any time?  If that were allowed, maybe I would have reached my 3 drink limit well before dinner and then ordered a bottle of wine......increase revenue!   

Oh, how I miss the martini bar on the Constellation!

Darcy

50 minutes ago, WatchHill said:

.  Wouldn't it be nice if the three drinks were allowed any time?  If that were allowed, maybe I would have reached my 3 drink limit well before dinner and then ordered a bottle of wine......increase revenue!   

Darcy

Would love that!

We are D+ on Royal, Elite on Celebrity. We enjoy going to the lounge to visit and have a drink.  We get the drink package to enjoy a coffee, juice, glass of wine at dinner or drink when we want....... will have maybe 3 alcohol drinks the whole day. Just wondering how much can someone drink?  Three free drinks in a couple hours is a nice benefit. Have seen too many fall down drunks or a passenger passed out on the couch somewhere on the ship. Sermon is over !

9 minutes ago, swsf99a said:

We are D+ on Royal, Elite on Celebrity. We enjoy going to the lounge to visit and have a drink.  We get the drink package to enjoy a coffee, juice, glass of wine at dinner or drink when we want....... will have maybe 3 alcohol drinks the whole day. Just wondering how much can someone drink?  Three free drinks in a couple hours is a nice benefit. Have seen too many fall down drunks or a passenger passed out on the couch somewhere on the ship. Sermon is over !

Oh, I don't know! I am on holiday/vacation. Perhaps a morning glass of champagne/Bellini/ Mimosa with breakfast ( though I would always normally wait until noon!). A small  glass (or two) of wine with lunch, a mid-afternoon cocktail, a cocktail at the show, a pre-dinner cocktail, a glass (or two) of wine with dinner, a post-dinner cocktail... Already at nine...Oh dear!!

Edited by workingtocruise-59
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, workingtocruise-59 said:

Oh, I don't know! I am on holiday/vacation. Perhaps a morning glass of champagne/Bellini/ Mimosa with breakfast ( though I would always normally wait until noon!). A small  glass (or two) of wine with lunch, a mid-afternoon cocktail, a cocktail at the show, a pre-dinner cocktail, a glass (or two) of wine with dinner, a post-dinner cocktail... Already at nine...Oh dear!!

Who's counting.:classic_wink:

22 hours ago, BosoxI said:

TAs are a different animal

I was on the Solstice for a 10 day Vancouver to Honolulu cruise this past September. They had a decent crowd in the Sky Lounge. All the seats along the windows were full. I did not ask the Captain's Club Hostess how many Elites or higher were onboard so from my observations on who showed for Elite Breakfast it probably was not a lot.

2 hours ago, Banjo said:

I was on the Solstice for a 10 day Vancouver to Honolulu cruise this past September. They had a decent crowd in the Sky Lounge. All the seats along the windows were full. I did not ask the Captain's Club Hostess how many Elites or higher were onboard so from my observations on who showed for Elite Breakfast it probably was not a lot.

We're Elite and we never go to the Elite breakfast. 

7 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We're Elite and we never go to the Elite breakfast. 

I go sometimes, to get the specialty coffee and fresh squeezed juice, usually on sea days but only a small subset of Elite members on a sailing have ever attended on my sailings. I believe that is because it is a continental breakfast. Most prefer breakfast in the buffet or dining room. 

10 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I go sometimes, to get the specialty coffee and fresh squeezed juice, usually on sea days but only a small subset of Elite members on a sailing have ever attended on my sailings. I believe that is because it is a continental breakfast. Most prefer breakfast in the buffet or dining room. 

Exactly. We prefer breakfast in the MDR. 

We, too, used to go to the Elite breakfast, but its lack of variety, [not into cereal or sweet rolls], we opt for MDR or the buffet. DH likes the things he rarely gets at home such as breakfast sausage, bacon, or omelet. Other than being a quite spot from a very light breakfast, this Elite perk holds little interest for us.

Darcy

Just now, WatchHill said:

We, too, used to go to the Elite breakfast, but its lack of variety, [not into cereal or sweet rolls], we opt for MDR or the buffet. DH likes the things he rarely gets at home such as breakfast sausage, bacon, or omelet. Other than being a quite spot from a very light breakfast, this Elite perk holds little interest for us.

Darcy

Things may have changed since you last attended the Elite breakfast.  No cereal, although there are pastries and muffins.  They also have fruit, cheese, smoked salmon, cold meats, bagels, bread rolls, fruit juices, smoothies and fancy coffees.  Altogether not a bad selection of Continental breakfast, with nice drinks, alcoholic and otherwise.

17 hours ago, lisiamc said:

Things may have changed since you last attended the Elite breakfast.  No cereal, although there are pastries and muffins.  They also have fruit, cheese, smoked salmon, cold meats, bagels, bread rolls, fruit juices, smoothies and fancy coffees.  Altogether not a bad selection of Continental breakfast, with nice drinks, alcoholic and otherwise.

We continue to go frequently for a couple of reasons:

It's a good place to get to know ur CC host(ess).

When traveling with others, it's a nice quiet place to share conversation. Otherwise, we get together for breakfast on the fantail.