Buying liquor for cabin consumption

bobnfl

The website is currently under maintenance so it is exhibiting strange behavior.  I have ordered spirits before online before boarding the ship.  If you have not done this before, you will find a voucher in your cabin for the purchased spirits and wine.  You have to call room service and request it then be in the cabin to sign for it.  Someone over 21 has to be present.  As an alternative you can order it aboard from room service at the same price. 

I just pre-purchased several bottles last week with no problem. As others have stated there must be an issue with the website. 

We always make sure to print up all purchases and reservations from our personalizer and bring the printout onboard  with us for proof of purchase just in case we need it.

Note that the available bottles are 375 ml bottles.

I have ordered these bottles for multiple cruises and have made a drink and carried it anywhere 

I wanted to on the ship.  I have never been told that they are only for in cabin use.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, bobnfl said:

can you buy for your cabin and if so how. I see it listed but it does not allow me to add it to a shopping cart to purchase.

I assume you are talking about hard liquor not wine.  Most of the responses here seem to be about wine.  I have never seen hard liquor in the cruise personalizes. I have never tried to buy hard liquor on board but my suspicion is that it will only be the 50ml mini bottle (airline size).  That’s is what they give to Suite and Elite Passengers.  You may not bring hard liquors onto the ship, only wine.  

6 hours ago, bobnfl said:

can you buy for your cabin and if so how. I see it listed but it does not allow me to add it to a shopping cart to purchase.

I just checked Princess’s Alcohol policy.  

It states:

Alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free from the ship's gift shop, or at ports of call, will be collected for safekeeping and delivered to the guest's stateroom on the last day of the cruise.  A member of the ship's staff will be at the gangway to assist guests with the storage of their shoreside alcoholic purchases while our Boutiques staff will assist guests with shipboard alcoholic purchases.”

Go to the Princess FAQ page and scroll down to Alcohol Policy.

There is a section in the On-board purchases of the Cruise Personalizer that will allow a passenger to purchase smaller bottles (not minis) for their cabin in advance of the cruise. It is a bit more spendy than the land price. This is different from the duty free purchases.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, TracieABD said:

There is a section in the On-board purchases of the Cruise Personalizer that will allow a passenger to purchase smaller bottles (not minis) for their cabin in advance of the cruise. It is a bit more spendy than the land price. This is different from the duty free purchases.

TracieABD can you tell me where specifically, or the name of the section?  I just checked and have checked in the past.  I cannot find any mention of hard liquor other that the beverage packages.  We are booked on a Alaska cruise in May and a Hawaii cruise in October next year, there is no mention.  I wonder if it’s based on the cruise and ports?  

7 minutes ago, OR_Cowboy_1952 said:

TracieABD can you tell me where specifically, or the name of the section?  I just checked and have checked in the past.  I cannot find any mention of hard liquor other that the beverage packages.  We are booked on a Alaska cruise in May and a Hawaii cruise in October next year, there is no mention.  I wonder if it’s based on the cruise and ports?  

Cruise Personalizer -->

Onboard Reservations -->

Princess Cellars (Second down on left) -->

Scroll past champagne and wines -->

You will find the hard liquor. 

Prices range from $17 to $32 per 350 ml bottle.

Hope this helps!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, OR_Cowboy_1952 said:

Think you might be clicking on "Beverage Packages" instead of  "Princess Cellars" as Tracie ABD outlined. This is the way it has been for years for room service and spirits or wine on Princess. 375 ml bottles. You can preorder on your Personalizer or call cabin service once on board, we do both.  No problems.  You mentioned the miniatures (50mi), those are in your refrigerator, if you get free setup due to suite class or loyalty status they will allow you to exchange for the small bottles, but you can't combine and get a large bottle.    

Thanks everyone. My bad.  I think I did see that 375ml is eventually what we used to call a 5th.  So to me it’s a pretty big bottle.  Maybe that’s why it slipped my mind.  I can not drink a 5th a 7 days (Alaska) or 15 days (Hawaii).  I’ll just buy a drink when I want hard liquor.  Thanks again.  

6 minutes ago, OR_Cowboy_1952 said:

Thanks everyone. My bad.  I think I did see that 375ml is eventually what we used to call a 5th.  So to me it’s a pretty big bottle.  Maybe that’s why it slipped my mind.  I can not drink a 5th a 7 days (Alaska) or 15 days (Hawaii).  I’ll just buy a drink when I want hard liquor.  Thanks again.  

a 5th is 750 ml ...

5 minutes ago, OR_Cowboy_1952 said:

No. It's more like a half of a fifth. Let's not get into math, but it's a half of a normal liquor bottle.

It's about twice what you would pay on land per ounce, but half what you'd pay on Carnival or NCL per ounce.

Jim 

• Like 1

I just ordered a bottle of rum for our cabin last week, so it's probably just a current issue with the website. Of course we will still buy drinks out and about on the ship, but it does save a bit of money (especially if you bring on a few mixers) and nice to have in the cabin. More expensive than on land, but saves quite a bit over $8+ every drink.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2018 at 5:55 AM, MissP22 said:

Like they'll know the difference. :classic_biggrin:

If you check out the design of glasses use in the bars and those found in the cabins I think you will find a difference.  Even when walking about with a purchased bar drink I noted occasional eye movement checks

It's not so much of a problem carrying a room purchased cocktail in a glass you made yourself outside the cabin, (you're not supposed to, but....) the main issue is if you carried the liquor bottle around.

Edited by TravelDan99
clarification