DEC. 1 ALABAMA VS GEORGIA 4PM WILL CARNIVAL TELEVISE IT?

AmberTeka

Please  say YES.  Roll Tide  Husband went to Georgia on a football scholarship   Hope Carnival  does televise it  it. Did not realize when it would be played when I booked and paid for cruise. I thought it would be played on Dec. 8.  My bad.  I have read about the drastic cut back in choice of Tv channels on Carnival. This summer, when we were on the Sunshine, it was not an issue.  I enjoyed the Movies they had on room TV's.

when i walked past the sports bar, they had one football game on and 4 channels of other sports. maybe he can request it if they pick another football game to show that is on at the same time. Id guess it depends on what else is on opposite and as someone above said what channel.

I would say no hope in your cabin since it now doesnt get any regular channels.

I just got off Liberty this morning. Pretty much every big college game over the weekend that was on broadcast TV was not available on the ship. I know there were a lot of disappointed Ohio State and Alabama fans on the ship yesterday (Saturday). I assume in hindsight the Michigan fans weren’t upset that the game wasn’t on.  Based on this and previous cruises this Fall, I doubt the Alabama - Georgia game will be shown on any Carnival ship. Hopefully for the OP I am wrong. 

18 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:
  1. Carnival has smart people working for them
  2. Carnival knows they will sell a lot of beer/drinks during a big game
  3. Carnival will show the game

I don’t know if you have sailed on Carnival recently, but they no longer carry the major broadcast networks. All Fall long there have been countless high profile college football games that were not available on their ships. As a general rule, the only college football games available on Carnival have been games broadcast by ESPN and Fox Sports 1. Since the SEC Championship game is broadcast by CBS, odds are the game won’t be available on Carnival.  

46 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I don’t know if you have sailed on Carnival recently, but they no longer carry the major broadcast networks. All Fall long there have been countless high profile college football games that were not available on their ships. As a general rule, the only college football games available on Carnival have been games broadcast by ESPN and Fox Sports 1. Since the SEC Championship game is broadcast by CBS, odds are the game won’t be available on Carnival.  

The game may not be shown on the cabin TVs but I would be really surprised if they did not play it in the bars. If they do not play- bring a FM radio as a back-up. 

Edited by Purvis1231

36 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

The game may not be shown on the cabin TVs but I would be really surprised if they did not play it in the bars. If they do not play- bring a FM radio as a back-up. 

You cannot get FM  land based radio in The Caribbean  only a few miles offshore , You can pick up XM/Sirius radio in most of the Caribbean  ,

23 minutes ago, Crusin Hogs said:

You cannot get FM  land based radio in The Caribbean  only a few miles offshore , You can pick up XM/Sirius radio in most of the Caribbean  ,

It depends on the port- from New Orleans FM radio will connect until well after midnight. Miami and Mobile-several hours after departure. 

Unfortunately the answer seems to be probably not.  Carnival currently doesn't carry any of the major broadcast networks.  That means any games shown on ABC, CBS, NBC, or Fox will not be available unless something has changed very recently.  The SEC championship game is on CBS, so it seems probable that it will not be available unless Carnival has made some very recent changes to its policy.  Games on cable networks such as ESPN do appear to be available.

Here is a thread discussing the same thing in regards to the recent bama/lsu game on November 3rd: 

Multiple people commented that the game was not available on their Carnival cruise. 

We were on the Triumph out of NOLA in September and there were some college football games on in the sports bar and also at the main bar, promenade deck.  The sports bar had a lot of TVs and the bartender was kind enough to change the channel on one so we could watch game of choice.  I would drop into the sports bar your first day on cruise and ask if that's a possibility on game day.  You won't be able to catch any games in your cabin.  Have a great cruise and Roll Tide!!!

It's on CBS so I doubt it. The channels I've seen on since they got rid of locals are ESPN, ESPN2, FS1, and SECN. And I know we had a group of Bama fans on my last cruise that had a watch party planned and they ended up watching what was on ESPN instead.

51 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

It's on CBS so I doubt it. The channels I've seen on since they got rid of locals are ESPN, ESPN2, FS1, and SECN. And I know we had a group of Bama fans on my last cruise that had a watch party planned and they ended up watching what was on ESPN instead.

That has been my experience too. It is interesting that several posters in this thread think the game will be shown. I just don’t see it happening based on cruises I have been on this Fall, including one that ended this morning. The only possibility could be if ESPN Carribean carries the game, since Carnival has access to that channel. 

6 hours ago, Crusin Hogs said:

Not really, the signal ends around P.R. and St.Thomas, go to Sirius XM coverage map

Edited by coevan

On 11/25/2018 at 3:50 PM, coevan said:

Not really, the signal ends around P.R. and St.Thomas, go to Sirius XM coverage map

Sure you can with the Sirius XM App on your phone.

of course you need WiFi connection.

i listened to Sirius XM while on my Baltic’s cruise.