Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

23 hours ago, PatC said:

On Edge there is no place for them to really go!  No library, no game room, no quiet retreat.  You can't alienate those passengers either.

We were told there is a dedicated place for cards and games on  EDGE but could not find it ..

Card players took up some of the very limited  eating height tables in EDEN, also ensconced at cafe Baccio, Solarium  and the Oceanview Cafe even at busy times.

Seems they prefer the nicer spaces and stay for many hours!

Maybe they could go to a Reservation system for a few tables in each space...leaving the others open seating...

23 hours ago, [g]cruiserke said:

Some closeups of the cabin furniture to get a better view. On the desk I count one EU plug, one US and two USB ports. The lamps on the night stands also seem to have two US plugs and I think there's two USB slots in the lamps as well but not entirely sure of that. 

Screenshot_20190209-163828__01.jpg

Screenshot_20190209-163853__01.jpg

It is very nice that they put an outlet next to the bed! Finally!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

It is very nice that they put an outlet next to the bed! Finally!

Amen.

Perfect for a CPap machine. When I started using one, I was shocked that even in a Sky Suite, you needed an extension cord to the desk/counter.  The light by the bed did not even have a plug in outlet for the lamp. (Where you could use a conversion plug.).  I would say it was just a design error on the Solstice Class.

looks like a great improvement.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Remember when they had a hole in ceiling from the Rendezvous  where you could watch from the Champagne/Martini bar.   That goes back.  

Funny you should mention that.  I was just thinking about that yesterday.  That does go back.   

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Oville said:

To Jim_Iain and all those who shared pix, deck plans and diagrams over the past months.  It’s been a lot of fun and I appreciate all you have shared. Looking forward to sailing  on the Revolutionized Equinox in the Fall as well as Silhouette and Summit next year.  Katie

Maybe I'll meet  you on the Equinox in the Fall.  I'm booked for November 8 or 9, can't remember the exact date and too lazy to go look right now.  😄

1 hour ago, hcat said:

M class PG are interior with a rounded heated  bench seat

S Class  have sea views and heated loungers

Reflection PG/thermal suite area is larger but on a diff level from the Solarium..

We prefer EQ over REF...but not sure how the changes will affect number of pax etc.

Spa cafe on EDGE has gone much more natural  to nuts and berries and very dense cakes..was no longer appealing to us other than for tea.

hcat- my wife loves Greek yogurt in the and the Spa Cafe was the only place on Edge where she could find it.

6 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

So loss of revenue from that bar due to rainy weather is your idea of cost cutting?

Guess it is a trade off - save money not having to maintain the cover or loss of revenue in rainy weather.  Who knows their thinking or logic. 

15 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

So loss of revenue from that bar due to rainy weather is your idea of cost cutting?

Most pax are on the beverage package, unless it’s a repositioning cruise, so very little loss of revenue - possibly gaining more from not handing beverages out.

12 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

There are a lot of pictures of the Royal Suite on FB. Looks very nice with real furniture on the balcony.  The table is a cocktail style, not at dining height.

Can you please provide a link.

I could only find OLD pictures and none of the new version of RS.

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Miaminice said:

No Celebrity is as crowded as any MSC ship. YC or not... so you don‘t have to worry there. 

We have found the Yacht Club to be very quiet on the times we have sailed on MSC. There are always ample seats to be found on the sun deck and in the lounge and plenty of waiters around to never have to wait for a drink. I have not found this to be the case on Celebrity.

Edited by sheffield

On 2/8/2019 at 3:29 PM, hvbaskey said:

Jumping in on this thread, as I am anxiously waiting reviews on the new AQ cabins on Deck 10.  We have one booked for the Summit later this year.

I did an “overlay” of Decks 11 and 10, aligning both deck plans via what I thought would be the most accurate alignment - the “elevators” - LOL!   Take this with a grain of salt!   But, if close or nearly close - then #1024 is beneath the Atrium and public deck.  #1018/#1020 beneath the Gents washroom.  Anyone have any experience being beneath a public washroom?

We have chosen #1016 to date, which is the first cabin beneath the Lounge.

Heather

Millie10+11.jpg

Hi Heather! Good to see you are going on Summit again!  So am I!  I am the one that went on the boat with you over to St John this past Nov. We are on a back to back the first two weeks in November. As far as being under a restroom, I have been under the men's restroom on Summitt twice. I was in an Aqua on 9 directly under the men's room on 10 that is near the pool. Was worried I wd hear a lot of water type noises. I never heard a peep. Another time I was under a restroom when on 3 and again I heard nothing. I would not worry!  Those new Aqua rooms are so great and convenient to pool and OV. Look forward to seeing more pics of all the cabins!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, orchestrapal said:

Can you please provide a link.

I could only find OLD pictures and none of the new version of RS.

Thanks!

Not sure I'm allowed to do this based on CC rules but give it a try.

I deleted the link because it does not work unless you are a member of the closed group on FB.  Sorry everyone.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU
Delete Link

7 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Not sure I'm allowed to do this based on CC rules but give it a try.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10205916284304316&set=pcb.2295015107451044&type=3&theater&ifg=1

Any chance you could tell us what you searched for on facebook? I tried Millenium and celebrity Millenium and revolution and royal suite but no luck. The link you posted doesn’t seem to work.

1 minute ago, rM3panno said:

Any chance you could tell us what you searched for on facebook? I tried Millenium and celebrity Millenium and revolution and royal suite but no luck. The link you posted doesn’t seem to work.

Link did to work for me either.

I have searched in every combination of those words with no success.

2 minutes ago, orchestrapal said:

Link did to work for me either.

I have searched in every combination of those words with no success.

It appears the issue is that the photos are posted in the closed Celebrity Captain’s Club group. You have to be a member of that group to see the photos.

On 2/1/2019 at 5:23 AM, Laurab23 said:

I hope they didn't change the 5 aft cabin balconies. I love those and try to book them on Summit.

On 2/1/2019 at 4:30 AM, Fogfog said:

Can someone help me decipher what they did to the deck 11 aft balconies

Are they shorter? 

Toggling between the two drawings there are changes

I hope not. I have a cruise on millennium in 1140

On 2/5/2019 at 8:16 AM, sdnich said:

Jim from what I saw in pictures 1140 is bumped all the way out and the ones on both sides are also bumped  out but not quite as far as 1140 . I was just hoping they didn’t make it smaller 😳

Me too. I have that one booked next year!!!

I'm glad to see the improvements to the M class ships. Our first ever cruise was on Millennium in 2007 and we were totally underwhelmed with the condition of our stateroom. Much rust and dirt on the balcony, stained carpet, badly torn drapes, corroded metal fittings and damaged furniture, leaking door seal on balcony door and this was 12 years ago. Since then we have enjoyed several cruises on S class but have concerns about the general direction Celebrity is going with the increasing restrictions on non suite guests post Edge. Might be time to try another company.

• Like 1