Royal luggage tag holders

misty57

Since different cruise lines have different sized luggage tags I was wondering... which clear tag holders have others used? Looking on line I found some specific for royal but some of the reviews claimed they were too narrow. I need something that is easy to attach too. Arthritic hands don't work as well as they used to . I'm done with using packing tape and borrowing a stapler from the hotel on embarkation day.

Edited by misty57
Spelling

8 minutes ago, misty57 said:

Since different cruise lines have different sized luggage tags I was wondering... which clear tag holders have others used? Looking on line I found some specific for royal but some of the reviews claimed they were too narrow. I need something that is easy to attach too. Arthritic hands don't work as well as they used to . I'm done with using packing tape and borrowing a stapler from the hotel on embarkation day.

These have worked for us:  https://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-Holder-Seal-Steel/dp/B01E4SQNLS/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1548856325&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=royal+caribbean+luggage+tag+holders&psc=1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Those are the ones we use now all of the time. I still think that my wife misses bringing tape and a stapler with her to make her own in the hotel the night before embarkation.  LOL.

Not only are they great for ease of attaching plus can be reused, but they are also great for slipping in your disembarkation tags on last night.  As far as the plastic sleeves being small, simply be sure to cut your paper tags to fit.  

I attach one on the top, and one on the side.  

• Like 2

We have used the same luggage holder in the past but have found that the "screw type" attachment is sometimes difficult to un-screw after the cruise with your bare fingers.  We have also bought the following: https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=compact pocket mini tool and put it in our check-in luggage for getting the tags open after the bags are in the cabin.  It's ab out $3.

2 hours ago, Ron Don said:

We have used the same luggage holder in the past but have found that the "screw type" attachment is sometimes difficult to un-screw after the cruise with your bare fingers.  We have also bought the following: https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=compact pocket mini tool and put it in our check-in luggage for getting the tags open after the bags are in the cabin.  It's ab out $3.

I use those plastic zip ties, almost indestructible.  Can be simply cut off with finger nail clippers if needed.  Keep a dozen or so of them in my carry on.  

43 minutes ago, island lady said:

I use those plastic zip ties, almost indestructible.  Can be simply cut off with finger nail clippers if needed.  Keep a dozen or so of them in my carry on.  

I agree. Zip ties are the next best thing to duct tape. :classic_wink:

3 minutes ago, CapeGal said:

Do you cut up your tags or fold them up to stick in the plastic sleeves so they fit?  I find they are SO thick but I do fold them so they are still visible front and back.

Just cut out the outline of the tag....fold in half and slip it right into the holder.

• Like 2

We use the exact ones that Hose Clarea linked.  We bought the 8 pack just in case we lose or damage some, or want to offer some to friends/family.  The printed luggage tags fit nicely inside for both the Celebrity and Royal cruises we've done

Dan

Edited by The Fun Researcher

On 1/30/2019 at 9:03 AM, cruiseguy1016 said:

We used these last Nov. after several CC recommendations and we loved them.