Crown & Anchor Society Question

5 minutes ago, CrusingRuthing said:

About to sail on my first RCCL cruise as an adult and somehow I already have 29 points. I went on one cruise when I was 11 and it was 6 nights.

How did I get all of these points and what are the ways you can earn them?

After Jan 2011, you get one point per night of cruising.  Sailing in suites and solo cruising will raise the number of points per night.

Look at your cruise history to determine how you got the points.

Also, if you are under 18 and are still linked with parents, then your points will refect your parent's point total.

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

After Jan 2011, you get one point per night of cruising.  Sailing in suites and solo cruising will raise the number of points per night.

Look at your cruise history to determine how you got the points.

Do you know where I can find this?

LOL -- our adult DS somehow managed to morph from gold to platinum, over the years, too. My thought is that it was a direct or indirect result of the C&A point-system change-over, that occurred several years ago. Unlike X's stingy change-over in their Captains' Club point system, I recall that RC was quite generous, when it came to converting from points for cruises to days at sea. 😎

Edited by wwcruisers
spelling error
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CrusingRuthing said:

Interesting, my last cruise is linked but but says I only earned 1 point from it. I sailed that cruise in 2009. Currently 21

Pre Jan 2011 you got cruse credits, not points.  That credit should have translated to 8 points when they made the change.

1 hour ago, CrusingRuthing said:

Only went on one cruise with my parents, 6 nights and interior room. Now I'm interior room as well with 8 points

How many cruise have your parents been on? Until you turn 18, you will get the same number of points that they receive. If they have 2 or 3 cruise without you, that would explain the increase on your points.

Edited by cruiseguy1016
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chrismch said:

There is also a tie in with Azamara. I've never cruised with them, but I do have an upgraded loyalty status due to our cruises on Celebrity and RCI

Crown & Anchor members do get reciprical STATUS with Celebrity and Azamara. They do not get POINTS. The 29 points that OP has had to have come from RCI somehow.

• 1 month later...

I have another question related to crown and anchor - does anyone know when they started automatically enrolling everyone as a member with their first cruise? 

I'm trying to find out what my kids' C&A #'s are, and I can't find the #'s anywhere in my records, my daughter has sailed with rccl twice before, (once in 2008 and once in 2012) and my son sailed in 2012, but I'm not sure if we ever signed them up since I can't find their #'s anywhere, and when I read on their website it says that passengers are auto-enrolled so no sign up is required, so if this was in effect back in 2008 and 2012 then they should have membership numbers.

I'm in Europe so I have been trying to verify this with RCCL via mail and they are not responding! I've sent them over 4 mails now, both via the C&A contact and normal customer service. I didn't think my question was THAT complicated...:O

Maybe some of you expert RCCL cruisers know? 

thanks! 

/Krista

11 minutes ago, kgrenstromer said:

I have another question related to crown and anchor - does anyone know when they started automatically enrolling everyone as a member with their first cruise? 

I'm trying to find out what my kids' C&A #'s are, and I can't find the #'s anywhere in my records, my daughter has sailed with rccl twice before, (once in 2008 and once in 2012) and my son sailed in 2012, but I'm not sure if we ever signed them up since I can't find their #'s anywhere, and when I read on their website it says that passengers are auto-enrolled so no sign up is required, so if this was in effect back in 2008 and 2012 then they should have membership numbers.

I'm in Europe so I have been trying to verify this with RCCL via mail and they are not responding! I've sent them over 4 mails now, both via the C&A contact and normal customer service. I didn't think my question was THAT complicated...:O

thanks! 

/Krista

Try looking on the most recent cruise's invoice that you have.  Their C&A numbers should appear under their names.

49 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

Don't ask if you think it is wrong....

LOL This!  My youngest lucked out as I think he's the only one of my 3 who has my exact cruise points (but didn't go on 4 of mine) whereas I expect his sisters have lower numbers, I'll need to check.  But since he was also the one we just took on Indy I told him he'll now be Emerald but his sisters will be lower.  he liked that!

1 hour ago, mayleeman said:

Don't ask if you think it is wrong....

Agree here!!!  Somehow you were credited with these points and I'd assume it's correct in this case.  Otherwise, there is the saying:  Don't kick a sleeping dog

Edited by ILCTCRUISER

On 3/15/2019 at 2:50 AM, kgrenstromer said:

thanks! 

/Krista

That is recent.

When we sailed for the first time in 2014, you had to sign up, and AFTER you sailed.  No number or sign up prior to sailing.

Pay attention to your cruise points

After returning from a 2 week cruise 10 weeks ago, we noticed our total cruise points have not increased. 
Emailed C&A  and was informed that the total was right.
E-mailed  numerous times with  screen shots of total cruise points on RCI web with point before and after two week cruise. Received phone back  that  their total was correct .
More emails to C&A but no replies, so pay attention to your point totals

On 3/15/2019 at 4:57 PM, ShillyShally said:

LOL This!  My youngest lucked out as I think he's the only one of my 3 who has my exact cruise points (but didn't go on 4 of mine) whereas I expect his sisters have lower numbers, I'll need to check.  But since he was also the one we just took on Indy I told him he'll now be Emerald but his sisters will be lower.  he liked that!

I just checked my son's account.  He is 17 and shows he is Diamond with 117 pts (our # of pts).  When I click on his cruise history it shows his actual sailings which are only 51 pts.  I am wondering if his total pts will change to his actual sailed # when he turns 18 next March.  I hope not!!  I was disappointed I would not be able to get to D+ for him this year, but we will be able to easily do it on his own in the next few years if he stays at our # of pts when he turns 18.   Especially because we have another 20 pts or so to come before he even turns 18.