escargot/lobster tails in buffet

7 minutes ago, ssb said:

Yes we have seen seafood evenings  in windjammer including lobster. A lot of upper staff and contract personnel eat in windjammer therefore they deserve some good seafood also . 

Have seen the big seafood buffet on some ships on a one night offering in the WJ.  The last one had crew members serving to avoid pax taking more than they can eat.  Still no lobster on those, guess I just keep missing it.  Though not a fan of the "warm water tails" anyway.  I would think lobster tails basking under a heat lamp might be a tad chewier than the stuff in the dining room?   

Agree we see a lot of officers dining in there, plus breakfast and lunch also. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, island lady said:

Have seen the big seafood buffet on some ships on a one night offering in the WJ.  The last one had crew members serving to avoid pax taking more than they can eat.  Still no lobster on those, guess I just keep missing it.  Though not a fan of the "warm water tails" anyway.  I would think lobster tails basking under a heat lamp might be a tad chewier than the stuff in the dining room?   

Agree we see a lot of officers dining in there, plus breakfast and lunch also. 

Your spoiled from your land yacht summer getaway in Maine. :classic_wink:

Edited by davekathy

12 hours ago, davekathy said:

Your spoiled from your land yacht summer getaway in Maine. :classic_wink:

LOL...Yes I am!  I prefer my lobster fresh out of the ocean with big claws!  Yumms...the claw meat is the best...and I make a wicked good lobster roll!  :classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, island lady said:

Left over lobster??  😮  Bet those were deliciously chewy.  

They are always chewy on the cruise ships.  Being from Maine and being spoiled with the "real deal" it is hard to partake in the "lobster" nights.

What they call lobster tails on the ship we call shrimp here in Maine.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/14/2019 at 8:58 AM, ssb said:

Yes we have seen seafood evenings  in windjammer including lobster. A lot of upper staff and contract personnel eat in windjammer therefore they deserve some good seafood also . 

Serenade Baltics

20180823_181617.jpg

10 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

They are always chewy on the cruise ships.  Being from Maine and being spoiled with the "real deal" it is hard to partake in the "lobster" nights.

What they call lobster tails on the ship we call shrimp here in Maine.

We had some awesome tails on Adventure last month.  Personally thanked the chef

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

We had some awesome tails on Adventure last month.  Personally thanked the chef

John next time you do a New England Cruise you private message me. My wife and I will take you out for some lobster tails that will melt in your mouth.

we live 10 minutes from the pier in Portland and we will come pick you up. We have taken crew members out in the past to some nice shopping spots. 

Dont get me wrong those tails on adventure may have been nice but after your dinner with us you will NEVER look at a cruise ship lobster tail the same.

if you can get a waiter or maitre’d to Pull your lobster tail out for you with a fork your missing out on the “real deal”

take us up on it!!