escargot/lobster tails in buffet

10 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

John next time you do a New England Cruise you private message me. My wife and I will take you out for some lobster tails that will melt in your mouth.

we live 10 minutes from the pier in Portland and we will come pick you up. We have taken crew members out in the past to some nice shopping spots. 

Dont get me wrong those tails on adventure may have been nice but after your dinner with us you will NEVER look at a cruise ship lobster tail the same.

if you can get a waiter or maitre’d to Pull your lobster tail out for you with a fork your missing out on the “real deal”

take us up on it!!

Will do, we may be up in Limerick this summer or next.  Had a fabulous time with Laura's family this past July

20180714_155928.jpg

1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Had lobster on Celebrity this year in Luminae.  They put some nasty sauce on it.  It was awful.  Maybe it was to cover up the "real" taste.

CK has some nasty sauce on their poached lobster.  I now get lamb

15 hours ago, ticketsunlimited said:

They are always chewy on the cruise ships.  Being from Maine and being spoiled with the "real deal" it is hard to partake in the "lobster" nights.

What they call lobster tails on the ship we call shrimp here in Maine.

LOL...agree.  We spend the summer in Maine (reverse of snow birds...we are "sun birds" 😉 ).  

The ones from down here without claws are pretty much just larger crawfish IMHO.  Another favorite from up your way is the Jonah crabs...yumms...I make a great crab roll too!  We actually enjoy those more than the lobster.  

14 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Had lobster on Celebrity this year in Luminae.  They put some nasty sauce on it.  It was awful.  Maybe it was to cover up the "real" taste.

That could be the "Champagne sauce" they use in CK on Oasis.  Awful!  I order the lobster in there as "naked".  😉 

I was on the Allure last Sep and we visited the windjammer each night to feed the kids before sending them to adventure club. I was shocked at how good some of the nights were for buffet offerings. They had a seafood night which included crab legs and a few different trays of basic sushi rolls. I didn’t really check it out too much because we were eating at Chops later. 

I did not not see any lobster, but I did not go to every station. It def had a seafood smell that night. 

Also, why would people take pictures of lobster in the buffet. That would never occur to me ever. 

13 hours ago, mcatmcat said:

I have never seen any lobster on the windjammer and I visit it every night just to get a quick bite and go. Also, I wonder why people that have seen lobster in the windjammer  never take pictures of it 🤪

Why would they?

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Fresh lobster delivered to our picnic table last year in Maine.  

WP_001865.jpg

Now those are a couple nice "lobstah". Yum!  Along with Sauvignon blanc and your best buddy how can you go wrong.  Congratulations on your first picture post. 

9 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Now those are a couple nice "lobstah". Yum!  Along with Sauvignon blanc and your best buddy how can you go wrong.  Congratulations on your first picture post. 

Thanks!  Though I caught grief from Bucky for displaying his picture.  😉 

And yes... a nicely chilled SB goes sooo well with Lobster..and pretty much anything else.  😄 

17 hours ago, ticketsunlimited said:

They are always chewy on the cruise ships.  Being from Maine and being spoiled with the "real deal" it is hard to partake in the "lobster" nights.

What they call lobster tails on the ship we call shrimp here in Maine.

Actually, the lobster in Hooked on Symphony was great!!! Not chewy at all.  But, I’m from MN, so maybe my standards are low 😉

1 hour ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Now that’s the real deal!!

my understanding is that hooked offers real Maine lobster. We will be on it next January and will definitely check it out.

We will be back up there to my "other home state" in June....so much looking forward to it as usual.  Keep the lobster cold for us...until we stick them in the hot pot of course.  😉 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/13/2019 at 2:22 PM, johnjen said:

I have seen lobster tails in the Windjammer, and..... (sit down reading this bit) MCRIB meat.

McRib meat.... OMG,  having spent a lot of my life eating good barbecue, McRib meat is the nastiest stuff on the planet.  Truly no redeeming value.

JMHO and YMMV

jc

• Like 1

8 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

McRib meat.... OMG,  having spent a lot of my life eating good barbecue, McRib meat is the nastiest stuff on the planet.  Truly no redeeming value.

Then again...no matter who makes it or how barbecue tastes...its all just "heart attack on a plate"... :classic_blink:

Onboard our cruises...we always enjoy the escargot, as well as usually the lobster.

On 2/16/2019 at 9:10 AM, island lady said:

LOL...agree.  We spend the summer in Maine (reverse of snow birds...we are "sun birds" 😉 ).  

The ones from down here without claws are pretty much just larger crawfish IMHO.  Another favorite from up your way is the Jonah crabs...yumms...I make a great crab roll too!  We actually enjoy those more than the lobster.  

Ignorance is blisss...people don’t know what their missing, so I have learned to keep my big mouth shut..usually 😊....cold water lobster spoils you forever, looking forward to a couple when the weather warms up..