Am I weird or is this normal .......

groryjm

Use them sparingly. If you sail on Edge, they only have the large bottles of shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion in the cabins. That was in Concierge 2 weeks ago. I’m not sure what they do in Suites. No more little bottles to take home as souvenirs. The scent was lavender peppermint as I recall. I’m not sure what would have happened if I packed the remaining lotions in my suitcase. Might have seen a post cruise charge to my account. We also left the bath robes, unlike someone in a different thread. 

We did miss the little bottles and absolutely agree with the posters about using them when back from our cruise brings back wonderful memories. 

Edited by RICCruisers

• 3 months later...
On 2/21/2019 at 6:09 PM, WonderMan3 said:

Bulgari products have been offered in suite class for years on Celebrity ships. Celebrity Edge changed to a different line of toiletries from C.O. Bigelow. As the ships are being "revolutionized" they are also transitioning over to C.O. Bigelow.

I, too, care about the quality and scent of the bath products in hotels and on board. If I'm not mistaken, the upgraded bath products for Celebrity suites are a thing of the past. These C.O. Bigelow products, while nice, are the same from Concierge Class to Celebrity Suites. On the Edge, Royal Suites and above have Santal 33 products. These Le Labo products are unquestionably high end, like the retired Bulgari.  Not only are the Bigelow products less exclusive, the products are not travel-sized anymore, and therefore, aren't "collectible." :classic_huh:

It seems odd to me that they would make the same products available classes these classes of cabins when the suite premium is as high as ever.

I enjoy premium bath products very much. I remember seeking the air freshener diffusers in the Aqua class cabins on my last two Celebrity cruises and being a deflated over how old and played out they were. I stayed a few years back at a small hotel in Fort Lauderdale where the house brand of soaps were Molton Brown. I liked them so much, I switched at home.

It's the little luxuries like this that differentiate four-star from five-star service. Customers notice.

• Like 2

I don’t expect little bottles of lotion or shampoo.   They damage the environment and if you have arthritis in your hands, they are impossible to use.

If you like. Molten Brown, book travel on Seabourn.   You will get considerably larger bottles that are easier to use.   

I love this--thanks for sharing your fun experience!

You're actually quite normal. I know this is nerdy and I'm not really sure why I actually know the scientific explanation for this phenomenon:  in a nutshell, the sense of smell passes through a couple of areas in the limbic systems of the brain where emotion and memory are processed.  Vision and hearing do not pass directly through this area of the brain.  Therefore scents can invoke very powerful memories with emotions attached.   How wonderful to be transported back to an awesome cruise just by shampooing your hair!  

If this comes up on Jeopardy, now you'll all know the answer....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

If you like. Molten Brown, book travel on Seabourn.   You will get considerably larger bottles that are easier to use.   

I want something I don't use at home that is exclusive and smells amazing. I think I'll stick with Celebrity for now, thanks. I'd never choose a resort or line for its bath products! 😂

Alas, sometimes the opposite occurs. On my first cruise, I was introduced to the pickled herring for breakfast and loved it. I’d zip up to the buffet even when we ate somewhere else just to have a bit. 

I get home, buy a packet of herring, sit down at the breakfast table all excited and dive  in......it’s not the same.....it doesn’t taste that good. I realize,I need the ‘kitchen’ to be cruising about 20kts through a beautiful blue-green sea for it to taste the same. 

So i plunk down a few few thousand so I can enjoy my herring!,

Den

• Thanks 1

OP totally agree! 

I also bring chocolates home and enjoy one each evening. Another perk from being in a RS or PH is we usually end up bringing a nice bottle of cognac back from our bar set up...One sip of Courvoisier and I can almost feel the warm evening wind on my balcony...

Smells, tastes, sounds of the waves and music. One of my favorite smells was on the far side from the port in Cozumel. My daughter and I had a great time on our trike tour and stopped to have a drink from a local stand and enjoy the water. Between the salt air and, I don't know what plant it was, but what ever it was, it smelled a-fricking-mazing. Just salt air gets me every time.

I'm a bit of frag head (much to the annoyance of my wife) - I find smell incredibly evocative and particularly love summer fragrances.  Creed's Virgin Island Water always reminds me of Pina Colada and sun lotion - coconut and lime.  Acqua Di Parma Colonia always reminds me of my grandfather.  Davidoff's  classic Cool Water has a great marine / sea smell

Celebrity's regular cabin offering seems poor (whatever variation they used) so we take our own stuff these.

Edited by DYKWIA
  • Like 2