AARP Rewards locked

canes20

Yes, I was told it was for having multiple accounts (which I don't).  I suspect it is from entering the same code multiple times last week.  Which means they still haven't figured out their own site error.  It's like AARP is too old to understand technology.

2 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

Did you use "the magic code" the other day? If so, that's why... 

In that case, just create a new account with a different email address. 

Yes, it was the "magic code" that got me.

3 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

I am sure it got a lot of people locked out. Wonder if it is permanent? I have not called to discuss yet.

I called and customer service just said account was being investigated for not following terms of agreement and had no other info.

4 minutes ago, canes20 said:

I called and customer service just said account was being investigated for not following terms of agreement and had no other info.

Okay , thanks for the info. I hope they can just figure it out and take away the ill gotten points. I had 77000 points prior to falling into this trap 😉

30 minutes ago, canes20 said:

Yes, it was the "magic code" that got me.

I am glad I don't use the shared codes.   I just go on and take the quizzes...earn my own points.   If people keep trying to skirt the system, they will just take the program away...or lock those who are sharing codes out I guess.

• Like 4

Tried to get into redeem my points and it had a customer service number to call.  I called and they said they locked the account for violating the terms of promo codes.  Yep, 😪 I got caught.  I asked if it was permanent and they could not anwer.  I then received an email regarding the issue.  I called and they stated they did know the date the promo code was used but couldn't cofirm that they would open the account and eliminate the points earned from that date forward.  Can't blame anyone but myself for being greedy and lesson was learned.  

Edit to add at 12:09pm EST:  Just received a promo code for this account in my email.  I applied it and went into "redeem my rewards"  It looks as if i have been "Unlocked"

Edited by Acheavacci
Updated info.

I guess the user who provided these codes will have to take the saint out of him name :classic_biggrin:. But yes we are completely at fault here for thinking of a free lunch!

Edited by n6uqqq
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Acheavacci said:

Tried to get into redeem my points and it had a customer service number to call.  I called and they said they locked the account for violating the terms of promo codes.  Yep, 😪 I got caught.  I asked if it was permanent and they could not anwer.  I then received an email regarding the issue.  I called and they stated they did know the date the promo code was used but couldn't cofirm that they would open the account and eliminate the points earned from that date forward.  Can't blame anyone but myself for being greedy and lesson was learned.  

Edit to add at 12:09pm EST:  Just received a promo code for this account in my email.  I applied it and went into "redeem my rewards"  It looks as if i have been "Unlocked"

Did they adjust your point total downward?

Apparently Friday someone who I will not name (although as another has said, he is no longer a saint) provided two codes that when entered in the Promotions box would give 1,000 points to your total each time you entered the code.  I believe several people decided to try it (myself included). It did work, but should have known better, dishonesty always catches up!  Received an email from Rewards For Good yesterday suspending my account, all my points were cancelled and I could no longer purchase gift cards or other products.  I had accumulated a little over 44,000 points before I so foolishly got greedy. So as they always say, honesty is the best policy.

I didn't call customer service, but I did send them an email apologizing, etc but haven't received a response yet.  

Hope this answers your question.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shoptom said:

Yes, I was told it was for having multiple accounts (which I don't).  I suspect it is from entering the same code multiple times last week.  Which means they still haven't figured out their own site error.  It's like AARP is too old to understand technology.

Real nice...... :classic_dry:

4 hours ago, shoptom said:

As quickly as they locked all these accounts, I think they have technology pretty well figured out. Customer service may not have had all the info that quickly or they may  have meant the code was used on multiple accounts.

Got caught as well, and I only used one of the codes once.   I called today and the woman was extremely apologetic, but couldn't tell me if our account would be released or not.   She did say that the codes we receive are linked to our accounts, and couldn't be used on others.   Lesson learned.