Trouble rebooking Flight cancelled 737 with EZair

kruisey

I have a flight to LAX from YVR on May 4th it was on a 737 with Air Canada.They have grounded those flights until end of June and give another number for affected customers to re book on. Air Canada will not re book with me because they say flight was booked through Princess. Princess flight will not re book because they say it was not their problem that Air Canada ground their 737 and probably all the other airlines used the same planes. Princess air telling me to get in touch with airline. Have been on phone  hold for hour Customer Service rep. Princess  ?All I want to do is get to LAX on May 4th to get on Royal Princess.HELP.

Edited by kruisey
Add
  • Haha 1

The grounding of the 737 Max 8 aircraft has created a huge problem to any airline that uses those planes.  I can see Air Canada trying to pass the ball to Princess and Princess trying to pass the ball back to Air Canada with the OP in the middle.  One possible suggestion is to cancel the flight and book another one not on Air Canada!  With the grounding of these aircraft that puts the pressure on the remaining aircraft where they have sold more seats than they can deliver and are taking care of their direct customers first.  The OP really needs to lean on EZair to resolve the problem.  

44 minutes ago, kruisey said:

I have a flight to LAX from YVR on May 4th it was on a 737 with Air Canada.They have grounded those flights until end of June and give another number for affected customers to re book on. Air Canada will not re book with me because they say flight was booked through Princess. Princess flight will not re book because they say it was not their problem that Air Canada ground their 737 and probably all the other airlines used the same planes. Princess air telling me to get in touch with airline. Have been on phone  hold for hour Customer Service rep. Princess  ?All I want to do is get to LAX on May 4th to get on Royal Princess.HELP.

Classic TA issue.  In this case as far as the airline is concerned Princess is the TA.

Oy.  Did you book with a TA or with a Princess rep directly?  One of them should be able to help you - get them on the line with the Princess EZAir Desk.  Air Canada is waiving fees, etc. for changes due to this issue, and Princess should know this by now.  If your contact at Princess won't help you, bump it up to a supervisor right away.  Good Luck!

For an additional $600 I could get on a small jet with American Airlines that is the only offering. Have already paid $600. Got a Princess agent helping me. She says she is just contacting Air Canada now. Been hours on this.It puts me off using this EZair ever again. They actually ticked the 737 flight this last Friday knowing flights were grounded.

I am paying the additional $600 and going on the small plane it carries 100 passengers.

Been so many hours over this I have given in. Thanks for your replies.

• Haha 1

Hi if you go to Air Canada web site there is information there there is a page with information Air Canada Responds to Transport Canada’s Closure of Canadian Airspace to the Boeing 737 MAX Aircraft. I found it on the Travel New and Updates on the home page for Air Canada. Hope this helps It must be really frustrating to deal with the good thing you have some time to get it sorted. I know you are like me want it sorted Now not later. Please let us know how it all works out. 

1 hour ago, kruisey said:

For an additional $600 I could get on a small jet with American Airlines that is the only offering. Have already paid $600. Got a Princess agent helping me. She says she is just contacting Air Canada now. Been hours on this.It puts me off using this EZair ever again. They actually ticked the 737 flight this last Friday knowing flights were grounded.

I am paying the additional $600 and going on the small plane it carries 100 passengers.

Something doesn't seem right.    You could go to Alaska Airlines website, and find a one-way flight, with a stop over in Seattle, for much less than a total of $1200.00.  Air Canada should refund your money, penalty free, for canceling the flight.  The american Airlines flight is currently showing a non - stop from YVR at $301.00 on EZ-Air.  Why are they telling you it's an aditional $600.00?

EZAir.jpg

Edited by dweeb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kruisey said:

Why not take Quick Coach or Amtrak from Vancouver to Sea-Tac and catch a flight from there?

Lots and lots of choices from Seattle.

Sea-Tac to LAX flights under $150

40 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Why not take Quick Coach or Amtrak from Vancouver to Sea-Tac and catch a flight from there?

Lots and lots of choices from Seattle.

Sea-Tac to LAX flights under $150

Unfortunately I am a wheelchair assistance person and travel business class because  I cannot get on my feet on the close seating  and cannot climb steps..I found out Princess charged me $221 dollars for cancelling my flight and exchanging though.I thought that a little mean and stated a lesson learned book direct in the future .I could have exchanged with Air Canada for free for they waived exchange fees due to circumstances.

Sounds like Princess is dropping the ball here.  Air Canada are not charging change fees for affected clients. If you used EZair, they should be on this and rebooking you.  There are a lot of ways to get to LA from Vancouver. This is on Princess to reschedule you.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/book/travel-news-and-updates/2019/737-airspace-closure.html

We were flying a 767Max8 from SFO to YYZ.  I called my TA, she called Princess,  Princess called EZAir, EZAir called Air Canada, Air Canada changed my flight and notified EZAir, EZAir notified Princess, Princess notified my TA and my TA notified me.  She told me it took 40 minutes and there were no additional charges.  When I went to look at my upcoming cruise, there was already a notification there.   All I have to do is wait a few days to be ticketed and then I can choose our seats.  And believe me, after the clusterf*%k that I went through with booking our flights with EZAir, I was not expecting an easy or quick change.    

Hello, would u supply more details, when I looked this morning at the AC flight YVR/LA for the morning nonstop flight 572 for 5/04 it was showing using a 737 Max equipment. It is now showing they have swapped to a A320 equipment for that flight on the AC (AirCanada)website, Princess EZAir is showing in details equip still 737 Max. Are u saying the flight was ticketed last Friday and since the 737 Max flights were grounded you wanted to rebook your flight?  My understanding is if the flight was cancelled EZAir would accommodate you but I am guessing you maybe jumped the gun before Air Canada had decided to not cancel the grounded flight but was working on swapping out the equipment? Business class seats are showing available for the 572 flight so this seems strange to me EZAir did not say please wait to see what AC is doing with the grounded flight as it does not appear they cancelled the flight. If you are saying u got notice the flight was cancelled, why would u be charged a cancellation fee, sounds like u got frustrated and cancelled so Princess charged u a cancellation fee which makes sense since u said the flight was ticketed last Friday. Your Initial post gave me the impression you were frustrated with getting the run around and wanted to just get a confirmation you would be getting to LA on 5/04 to catch the Royal and wanted to know what EZAir was doing with the grounded flight. I think since the flight was still over a month away and not yet cancelled , you had time to see what AirCanada was going to do and EZAir would have accommodated you if AirCanada cancelled the flight. Maybe since Air Canada is now showing they have swapped the equipment you can get your original flight back. Most tickets can be refunded within 24hours of booking so u should be able to cancel without penalty for the flights u just booked. I would call Princess and see if they will rebook u as they should see the history and see thier website is still showing the AC flight still using a 737 Max . Please report back.

12 minutes ago, wallyj said:

Hello, would u supply more details, when I looked this morning at the AC flight YVR/LA for the morning nonstop flight 572 for 5/04 it was showing using a 737 Max equipment. It is now showing they have swapped to a A320 equipment for that flight on the AC (AirCanada)website, Princess EZAir is showing in details equip still 737 Max. Are u saying the flight was ticketed last Friday and since the 737 Max flights were grounded you wanted to rebook your flight?  My understanding is if the flight was cancelled EZAir would accommodate you but I am guessing you maybe jumped the gun before Air Canada had decided to not cancel the grounded flight but was working on swapping out the equipment? Business class seats are showing available for the 572 flight so this seems strange to me EZAir did not say please wait to see what AC is doing with the grounded flight as it does not appear they cancelled the flight. If you are saying u got notice the flight was cancelled, why would u be charged a cancellation fee, sounds like u got frustrated and cancelled so Princess charged u a cancellation fee which makes sense since u said the flight was ticketed last Friday. Your Initial post gave me the impression you were frustrated with getting the run around and wanted to just get a confirmation you would be getting to LA on 5/04 to catch the Royal and wanted to know what EZAir was doing with the grounded flight. I think since the flight was still over a month away and not yet cancelled , you had time to see what AirCanada was going to do and EZAir would have accommodated you if AirCanada cancelled the flight. Maybe since Air Canada is now showing they have swapped the equipment you can get your original flight back. Most tickets can be refunded within 24hours of booking so u should be able to cancel without penalty for the flights u just booked. I would call Princess and see if they will rebook u as they should see the history and see thier website is still showing the AC flight still using a 737 Max . Please report back.

I tried to read that without any paragraph breaks. No luck.

• Like 2

First of all I want to say I love all you guys and gals to pieces.I have had my ups and downs over the years on this site but you have come up tops with me.I am so grateful for Cruise Critic in times of real need.

I looked at Air Canada and noticed the change in craft . Phoned Princess said as advised by you it is under 24 hours would like to cancel and re book with Air Canada .I get some refund, and it was done.

• Like 6

I made 2 cancellations and it is 45 days before my cruise and re booked.I was charged $474 cancellation fees.

Princess do not waive their fees even for an international incident when planes are grounded by Governments .

If you are booked with EZair  on 737 with Princess not the airline directly in US dollars they charge $150 for one change if you are under 45 days. I phoned Princess last week, and they informed me to contact them this week.

Princess never gave me any indication that they would be negotiating with the airlines just to transfer bookings to the new planes without penalties.If you booked with airline no charge to cancel and re book.

12 minutes ago, kruisey said:

I made 2 cancellations and it is 45 days before my cruise and re booked.I was charged $474 cancellation fees.

Princess do not waive their fees even for an international incident when planes are grounded by Governments .

If you are booked with EZair  on 737 with Princess not the airline directly in US dollars they charge $150 for one change if you are under 45 days. I phoned Princess last week, and they informed me to contact them this week.

Princess never gave me any indication that they would be negotiating with the airlines just to transfer bookings to the new planes without penalties.If you booked with airline no charge to cancel and re book.

Something very wrong here.

If the airline cancelled your flight, there should be no charge or change fee or additional fare for the reservation to be transferred to an alternative flight on the same airline. The only question is who should be making the rebooking, Princess or the airline. Once the flight has been ticketed, it should be 100% the airline's responsibility to make a booking to replace a cancelled flight.

On the other hand, if someone call's Princess and says cancel my reservation on a flight that is grounded and book me on something else, then that someone has made the cancellation and penalty and charge fees and higher fares may result.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Princess should not charge you any fees for cancelling. Shame on them!

How do you know that they aren't just passing on cancellation fees, which the OP may have caused. Why Should Princess just have to cop the fees?