Dog living on Anthem and peeing everywhere ...

3 hours ago, ShillyShally said:

Completely possible she did, though I think Royal should know better than to throw that possibility out there - what does that save them from?  That almost certainly sparked fire in Mom!  They would have been better stonewalling completely - stating "we handled this after review and are sorry your trip was affected" or something like that - they don't have to say what they did or anything else.  

People, even customer service, reps lose their cool sometime. It's not good, but it happens.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

LOL, silly you, you don't pack one too?  I thought we all did? 🙂

Completely kidding, also can't understand why they didn't just put her full on in the shower or just have her stick her foot in the shower?  Now I am not one that gets too concerned about germs - I follow usual protocols but this wouldn't freak me out, but I've dealt with all canine fluids one way or another so it wouldn't sway me much but the reaction seemed extreme.

Especially since the same water that they fill the pool with probably came from the shower...🤔

Edited by jean87510

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

People, even customer service, reps lose their cool sometime. It's not good, but it happens.

Absolutely, most of my job is dealing with emotional topics so I have a knack for staying level headed at work but in the real world, or on vacation, who knows what way I'd feel depending 🙂  I try to stay in charge of my emotions but with ever changing hormones I can make no promises!

I was once on the phone years ago with someone who had called to complain about one of our company trucks on the road - I listened patiently and tried to diffuse his anger and frustration and told him calmly we would certainly take note and action based on his experience.  He was still venting, though more calmly, when he stated "I'm not stupid!" to which I calmly replied "Sir, I have never once questioned your stupidity."  And he said "Thank you!" 🙂  Now my coworkers listening hit the floor laughing so I had to hold it together after that but I was rather pleased with how that had worked out 🙂

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Especially since the same water that they fill the pool with probably came from the shower...🤔

Parents with young children pack small blow up pools/bath tubs to put in the base of their shower to bath young children who are either too young to take a shower or who are afraid to take a shower.  The child's leg could have been easily washed with the removable shower wand, without having to unpack the tub, but the OP might have felt more comfortable completely bathing the child.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I too was on their Pinnacle cruise doing a B2B on Anthem in 2017.  Saw owner and dog each get a Pinnacle certification at the top tier event.

They waited with us in the terminal waiting as we were waiting to be processed by CBP as part of the B2B process.   The CBP agents all knew the dog's name and didn't ask for any paperwork for it.  

I never saw or heard of any issues on those two cruises, 19 nights total.  

On Navigator in December I did see a lady leave a trail of diarrhea on deck 12 from the Sky Bar area through to the ladies room deck 12 forward port side.  They had several employees in hazmat suits cleaning it up, both outside and on the carpet inside.  The trail was unmistakable as was her destination.  Later my daughter went into that restroom and told me one stall was sprayed all over with it.  Apparently it was explosive by the time the lady made it into the stall but before she could aim at the toilet.  Nearly induced my daughter to vomit.  They cleaned the deck and carpet but neglected the bathroom stall.  

When I saw the hazmat guys I was wondering what they were doing until I saw it on the deck outside.  Quite unpleasant.  Just assumed she too ate at Izumi's.  Their tuna was foul on that cruise, couldn't get it past our nose.  

Edited by twangster

5 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Parents with young children pack small blow up pools/bath tubs to put in the base of their shower to bath young children who are either too young to take a shower or who are afraid to take a shower.  The child's leg could have been easily washed with the removable shower wand, without having to unpack the tub, but the OP might have felt more comfortable completely bathing the child.

Thanks, we never sailed when mine were too young to shower so that didn't even occur to me!  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

<snip>  She has already admitted that there is a chance the girl stepped in it. <snip>>>>

Yeah, that would make it so much better...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

It makes a better story. 

9 minutes ago, twangster said:

I too was on their Pinnacle cruise doing a B2B on Anthem in 2017.  Saw owner and dog each get a Pinnacle certification at the top tier event.

They waited with us in the terminal waiting as we were waiting to be processed by CBP as part of the B2B process.   The CBP agents all knew the dog's name and didn't ask for any paperwork for it.  

On Navigator in December I did see a lady leave a trail of diarrhea on deck 12 from the Sky Bar area through to the ladies room deck 12 forward port side.  They had several employees in hazmat suits cleaning it up, both outside and on the carpet inside.  The trail was unmistakable as was her destination.  Later my daughter went into that restroom and told me one stall was sprayed all over with it.  Apparently it was explosive by the time the lady made it into the stall but before she could aim at the toilet.  Nearly induced my daughter to vomit.  They cleaned the deck and carpet but neglected the bathroom stall.  

When I saw the hazmat guys I was wondering what they were doing until I saw it on the deck outside.  Quite unpleasant.  Just assumed she too ate at Izumi's.  Their tuna was foul on that cruise, couldn't get it past our nose.  

I'm glad I had lunch before I read your post  😲

• Like 1

The original point of the discussion was not to solve the problem, it was "what do you think is an appropriate response" on the part of the ship's operations people, and then when they did not give the customer a "level of comfort" in solving the problem, what should have been the appropriate corporate response.   If you read the lady's post on her Disney problem you will quickly get a sense of how a "classy company" handles a problem. In many cases, companies do not have to give most of the customers a monetary remuneration.  Quick handling of the problem, listening, meaningful response and if necessary a follow up by a senior person. 

6 minutes ago, twangster said:

No dogs on that cruise that I saw, but us humans can be pretty messy at time too.  Sh*t happens, literally.  

Agreed, and both that and vomit are far worse to me than urine.  But agreed, glad I had already eaten!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TTraub1250 said:

The original point of the discussion was not to solve the problem, it was "what do you think is an appropriate response" on the part of the ship's operations people, and then when they did not give the customer a "level of comfort" in solving the problem, what should have been the appropriate corporate response.   If you read the lady's post on her Disney problem you will quickly get a sense of how a "classy company" handles a problem. In many cases, companies do not have to give most of the customers a monetary remuneration.  Quick handling of the problem, listening, meaningful response and if necessary a follow up by a senior person. 

I read it as what do you think they should give me. 😇

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TTraub1250 said:

This is so valuable in any situation - being heard goes more miles than most forms of compensation!

3 minutes ago, TTraub1250 said:

I can't afford Disney so I guess I am left with what I paid for.  

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, twangster said:

The accident that happened to that woman can happen to anyone.  I'm sure she was mortified and probably was embarrassed to be seen for the rest of the cruise.  I have Crohn's and that is my biggest fear.  This has nothing to do with a fake service dog that is not trained, and an owner that doesn't care. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

LOL, silly you, you don't pack one too?  I thought we all did? 🙂

Completely kidding, also can't understand why they didn't just put her full on in the shower or just have her stick her foot in the shower?  Now I am not one that gets too concerned about germs - I follow usual protocols but this wouldn't freak me out, but I've dealt with all canine fluids one way or another so it wouldn't sway me much but the reaction seemed extreme.

Just wondering if the play pool was a comfort play pool for the child and this was her parents way of calming the child after the shock of the dog peeing on her.

1 minute ago, gaylemh said:

The accident that happened to that woman can happen to anyone.  I'm sure she was mortified and probably was embarrassed to be seen for the rest of the cruise.  I have Crohn's and that is my biggest fear.  This has nothing to do with a fake service dog that is not trained, and an owner that doesn't care. 

Absolutely!  If that situation hits few of us can get to safety quickly or without incident and I expect most everyone has come close at some point in their life!  

26 minutes ago, twangster said:

Interesting,  if he just turned PC in 2017, he doesn't have the cruise points/history to warrant special exemptions.  We ascended in 2017 as well and are still newbies. 

More likely he is lawsuit happy and has made that known. All he has to do is stick to his story that Tommy does provide a service. Proof otherwise is most likely a challenging proposition.  

• Like 2

Bringing a small pool to bathe a young child is quite common.  Some children are afraid of the shower.  The child was 4, nobody said this was a baby.  I think the OP was hoping the dog owner would get some kind of punishment.  Don’t hold your breath😳

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1