Summit Clothing Optional

Fishkillbill

1 hour ago, CardRock said:

When we were in St Maarten,  the clothing obstacle beach was deserted except for a couple of octogenarians...You cannot unsee that!

You should be so lucky to be old and wrinkled and 80+ one day, living it up on a Caribbean beach.

Perhaps one day you too can offend someone much younger by daring to display your lifetime of living on a beach. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, gold1953 said:

we sailed on the Connie before a nude cruise . The crew had the option of not working that cruise for religious reasons. They had sensitivity training as well . Rules were clothes in eating areas and people must carry towels to sit on.  Other rules I am sure but this is what stands out in my mind.

guess I shouldn't carefully read these comments...intended or not, your last sentence certainly 'stands out in my mind'...wiping the image from my mind...LOL.

13 hours ago, MizDemeanor said:

I had a tough time in St Maarten for just a short time passing by on a beach area.  I didn't know if I should look or not look. I opted not to because I didn't want to be rude. But it was fascinating.  

I have to admit, I don't know how people let it all hang out like its nothing. Do they look or not look like I did in St Maarten? I'd like to get inside the heads of the clothing optional folks to learn why they are comfortable with this concept in the spirit of enlightenment when the vast majority of us are not.  

I mean in Art History there were plenty of nudes, both male and female. 

If you are an American, we were taught to be modest even at the beach for the most part.

Then there are many of us who were taught it is okay to let it all hang out... those who are in the opposite camp have always won out and to a great degree, still do..

Neither correct or wrong, just not common place for us.

Au Couture and bon voyage

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, oceangoer2 said:

guess I shouldn't carefully read these comments...intended or not, your last sentence certainly 'stands out in my mind'...wiping the image from my mind...LOL.

Never crossed my mind.. but most who choose these cruises need to be 'medicated' .. at least for daytime action.. oh you started this

Bliss has the following charters on Celebrity:  Infinity---April 8-13, 2019

Infinity---April 20-25, 2020

Infinity---April 19-24, 2021

So, not Summit, but Infinity 5 night cruises.

26 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

Never crossed my mind.. but most who choose these cruises need to be 'medicated' .. at least for daytime action.. oh you started this

hahaha...may have our note banned.  We're back to clothing being an obtacle...I didn't start THAT!

On 3/27/2019 at 1:10 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I was searching recently as to where Infinity was in April 8-13.   It was missing from Celebrity Site.   When I googled on the date it revealed that it was chartered for a "Lifestyle Cruises" (another word for Swingers Cruise)  It appears it offers both clothing optional sun bathing and "Play Rooms". 

Found this..

While on board, our goal is to keep you entertained. We'll have a variety of seminars, classes, Meet & Greets, clothing optional pool parties, DJs & entertainers, theme nights, dance parties and multiple playrooms to help you get the most out of your kids-free vacation.

This lifestyle cruise is a full ship charter for adult couples 21 and over. The ship will sail with over 2,000 people that will party and play all day and all night. Book your cabin now to be part of the fun!

please tell me the pools are all drained and scrubbed to within an inch of their lifes after this- I go on very soon after the last of these. I can't go in the pools due to treatment for leukemia but my family will.  In fact someone just tell me everything is scrubbed raw please!

I had no idea these cruises even existed. Of course I had to research it. I found the site that books the charters. The rules page is interesting to say the least. And It is not just Celebrity. RCL has a couple of them too. I dont consider myself a prude by any means. But I dont know if i could handle this. As others have said. How do you strike up a conversation without your eyes wandering. 

34 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

too. I dont consider myself a prude by any means. But I dont know if i could handle this. As others have said. How do you strike up a conversation without your eyes wandering. 

I don’t think people book these unless they’re already comfortable on nude beaches and nude resorts. Being trapped on a 5 day cruise probably isn’t a good way of finding out if you can handle it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fragilek said:

please tell me the pools are all drained and scrubbed to within an inch of their lifes after this- I go on very soon after the last of these. I can't go in the pools due to treatment for leukemia but my family will.  In fact someone just tell me everything is scrubbed raw please!

Do you really believe the people in the room you are going to be in always stayed fully dressed?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fragilek said:

I don't see what difference it makes if someone is wearing a swim suit in the pool or not.  I mean, everything is still in the pool.  🙂

• Thanks 1

I am always hesitant to add to these threads, but here I go.  I have been on a dozen of these, and the ship is not deep cleaned after each one.  As we get off the ship, you can see the next cruisers rushing on.  I don't know if the pools and hot tubs are drained, but I know the rules, and I know what I have seen, and I would not be worried about any activity in these pools.  The people on this cruise are like your neighbors - they probably are your neighbors.  They are doctors, lawyers, teachers, church secretaries - adults of all ages, including some wonderful couples in their 80's.  These are expensive cruises (much more than a regular Celebrity cruise) and they attract professional people.  Many of them are clothed at all times outside (including me!), and other than a couple of areas that you have to work hard to find, everyone is clothed indoors.  In some ways these cruises are cleaner than regular cruises because you don't have kids with their unclean hands, poor bathroom habits, etc.  To avoid germs I don't go on a hot tub on a regular cruise, and I don't go in one on these. For those immune-compromised, I would not be worried about these cruises any more than others. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JFontaine said:

I am always hesitant to add to these threads, but here I go.  I have been on a dozen of these, and the ship is not deep cleaned after each one.  As we get off the ship, you can see the next cruisers rushing on.  I don't know if the pools and hot tubs are drained, but I know the rules, and I know what I have seen, and I would not be worried about any activity in these pools.  The people on this cruise are like your neighbors - they probably are your neighbors.  They are doctors, lawyers, teachers, church secretaries - adults of all ages, including some wonderful couples in their 80's.  These are expensive cruises (much more than a regular Celebrity cruise) and they attract professional people.  Many of them are clothed at all times outside (including me!), and other than a couple of areas that you have to work hard to find, everyone is clothed indoors.  In some ways these cruises are cleaner than regular cruises because you don't have kids with their unclean hands, poor bathroom habits, etc.  To avoid germs I don't go on a hot tub on a regular cruise, and I don't go in one on these. For those immune-compromised, I would not be worried about these cruises any more than others. 

Thank you for that - the way it has been described after I googled it made it sound much more than just the clothing optional choice- that bit does not worry me in the least - I holiday in Europe and clothing optional beaches are the norm in some places  especially in Spain.  I have sunbathed surrounded by naked bodies, I wish I had their confidence in my own shape even if I was still to keep it covered lol- it was the play rooms and descriptions of swingers parties in pools on some other sites that bothered me.

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

I don't see what difference it makes if someone is wearing a swim suit in the pool or not.  I mean, everything is still in the pool.  🙂

It depends on what is allowed to happen - it is the swingers party and play room description that bothers me - not the clothes bit - being from the eu (at least for the time being lol) - nude beaches are the norm in some countries - so no issue for me. 

There are some activities that would make people uncomfortable - but they are in places with rented furniture that is hauled off when the cruise is over, and using linens that are just like what is in your cabin (used by hundreds of other people and washed in the ship's laundry).