Saw My First 2 Pier Runners Today

ReneeFLL

The Symphony Of The Seas just left 2 people behind in Nassau. The gangway was up, but the ship was still there. I'm on the Equinox right now and after about 40 minutes of talking and phone calls they were allowed to come with us. We will be in Miami tomorrow morning and I'm guessing the SOTS will be also. They got very lucky.

Our gangway was about to be pulled up and there was a couple just walking to the ship. Someone in uniform was waving and yelling for them to hurry up and they just waved back. Fools didn't even hurry up. They should have been left behind. At least the SOTS couple were running trying to make their ship.

Edited by ReneeFLL

How do you know that they weren’t really passengers on the Equinox?  

To give people a thrill like you many times we will pretend to run after a ship that is leaving.   Stand there and then walk over to our ships and talk to an employee deliberately pointing toward the ship that left and just talking about nothing and then get on board.   A few times passengers in front and behind us in line boarding ask us about missing the ship and we tell them that X is allowing us to sail with them.   

Don’t always believe want you see.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, miched said:

To give people a thrill like you many times we will pretend to run after a ship that is leaving.   Stand there and then walk over to our ships and talk to an employee deliberately pointing toward the ship that left and just talking about nothing and then get on board.   A few times passengers in front and behind us in line boarding ask us about missing the ship and we tell them that X is allowing us to sail with them.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

That's a good trick

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

That's a good trick

The funniest part of this is one time we did it we were in a suite.  We were in  Michael’s Club having a drink after boarding pretending to be a runner .  A passenger came up to us said that she thought she seen us running to another ship that was leaving.     We told her that we deliberately miss ships because it is a law that another ship in port has to accept you and we found that if it is a X ship we are always given a suite with all the perks.   I am not sure if she believed us but she said that she never knew that and walked a way and we could see her pointing to us talking to others in the room.  

We like to have fun and do take life seriously as we only have one life to live and want to make the most of it.   Many don’t understand my sense of humor but when they do they understand and start to enjoy it.  

My main and only purpose in life is have the good  life in the next everlasting life and to help others be there with me.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🌅🇺🇸

Edited by miched
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

4 hours ago, miched said:

The funniest part of this is one time we did it we were in a suite.  We were in  Michael’s Club having a drink after boarding pretending to be a runner .  A passenger came up to us said that she thought she seen us running to another ship that was leaving.     We told her that we deliberately miss ships because it is a law that another ship in port has to accept you and we found that if it is a X ship we are always given a suite with all the perks.   I am not sure if she believed us but she said that she never knew that and walked a way and we could see her pointing to us talking to others in the room.  

We like to have fun and do take life seriously as we only have one life to live and want to make the most of it.   Many don’t understand my sense of humor but when they do they understand and start to enjoy it.  

My main and only purpose in life is have the good  life in the next everlasting life and to help others be there with me.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🌅🇺🇸

miched - just hilarious - love your humour!  thanks for the laugh.

6 hours ago, miched said:

A passenger came up to us said that she thought she seen us running to another ship that was leaving.     We told her that we deliberately miss ships because it is a law that another ship in port has to accept you and we found that if it is a X ship we are always given a suite with all the perks.   I am not sure if she believed us but she said that she never knew that and walked a way and we could see her pointing to us talking to others in the room.  

Could this sort of thing be the source of many of the "facts" one sees posted on CC>

Edited by jan-n-john
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🌅🇺🇸

Perhaps I am one who doesn't understand your sense of humor.  I don't see the humor in deceiving innocent people.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

And you really get off on this? Well, I guess whatever floats your boat.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, miched said:

ROLF

If I am ever on a cruise on 1st April I am going to do this 🤣

16 hours ago, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

lol.... long winters make for some quirky behavior

4 hours ago, bobndee said:

Perhaps I am one who doesn't understand your sense of humor.  I don't see the humor in deceiving innocent people.

No one is being deceived -- I think this was pretty funny.

• Like 2

On 5/3/2019 at 7:07 PM, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Trust me I know what I was seeing. We watched it go down for about 40 minutes. I also posted this on the Royal forum. This is post #38 from there.

20190507_040823.jpg

This is all the people watching what was going on.

20190507_040800.jpg

They were brought over to our ship by this golf cart. Sat there about 40 minutes with different uniformed people coming and going talking to them. One was standing there making phone calls. This is the lady that was crying her eyes out earlier.

20190507_040737.jpg

Edited by ReneeFLL

On 5/4/2019 at 7:48 AM, bobndee said:

On 5/4/2019 at 9:42 AM, richsea said:

OMG! Dress code police, smoking police, buffet police... now HUMOR POLICE! smh

• Haha 2

70 cruises and yes we have seen runners. Shall I say slow walkers also. All deserve to be left behind. If you take that chance and get back late. that is the way it goes. Hope you left with your passport. You are told over and over the time you MUST be back on board. If you take an excursion not provided by the cruise line and you return late. Your fault. One our excursion was returning to the ship way past the designated time. We purchased that with the cruise line and they were notified and waited for us. So happy they told us the ship is waiting. If you missed your ship because you did not notice the time. Well, who's fault is that?

2 hours ago, wpgcycler said:

OMG! Dress code police, smoking police, buffet police... now HUMOR POLICE! smh

As a member of the (your words) HUMOR POLICE, I have to step in here, it is

Humour Police.

🤡🍻

What a bundle of fun, cruise passengers without a sense of (please note) humour.

• Haha 1

On 5/3/2019 at 6:07 PM, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

You sound like me, I bet we could be great friends although I am sure X would never let us cruise together. Think of all the chaos we could cause!!

Edited by SFLcowboy78
spelling

On 5/4/2019 at 9:42 AM, richsea said:

Nothing wrong with a sense of humor as long as it does not cause harm to others. As for floating boats... better a sense of humor than an iceberg.... just look at what happened to the Titanic.