Live from the 5/14 Caribbean Princess

Host CJSKIDS

Why oh why did we have to mess with the sanctuary?  The chairs are no longer plush and comfy. What a shame! 

I have a full day today, half tomorrow and full day Friday. Totally rethinking that 

I've been toying with the idea of checking out the sanctuary...never used it before.  i was hoping based on those photos that maybe it was some sort of memory foam or other material that didn't require a lot of thickness to do its job but doesn't sound like that's the case.  Probably won't bother with it next week based on this feedback.  Curious if anyone else has thoughts on it.

23 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Why oh why did we have to mess with the sanctuary?  The chairs are no longer plush and comfy. What a shame! 

I have a full day today, half tomorrow and full day Friday. Totally rethinking that 

well shoot ! can ya double up the cushions ?

23 minutes ago, c-boy said:

well shoot ! can ya double up the cushions ?

They are hard cushions not the thick plus ones. 

Someone just left and wanted their money back because he said they are uncomfortable. 

Thabk you to the posters who had talked about freshly made omelets back in the planks and steamers are. Had a nice egg white and vegetable omelet for breakfast. 

• Like 1

Princess seemed to be doing well selling the Sanctuary, especially on warm weather sea days.  They got a good price and a much better price for the cabanas.  So why are they risking these revenues to save a relative small amount of money on seat cushions? Makes no sense to me. ☹️

• Like 1

Sad they switched out the loungers. Hubby and I shared a double this summer and it was a delight! Thick and comfortable all day. I will say there was chipping on the medal but so much nicer than your photos looks. I will really need to consider if worthwhile this summer! I do love the quiet and service but in reality it looks like a downgrade!

14 minutes ago, BuckeyeMark said:

Lots of talk here about the sanctuary but I'm wondering about the gym.  Did it get an upgrade or refresh?  New equipment?

Ill go down and check it out on my way out and let you know. 

• Like 1

The only reason we previously used the sanctuary was due to the cushions on those loungers.  My husband has a bad back and can't sit on those other loungers by the pools for more than an hour at a time.   That was a big mistake on Princess' part.

• Like 1

My daughter and I did a half day in the Sanctuary last July and we couldn't wait to leave.  It was so hot and stuffy up there on that day.  If it had been cooler weather we probably would have booked another day.  The chairs were so plush and service up there was really good.  

13 minutes ago, Mel2421 said:

My daughter and I did a half day in the Sanctuary last July and we couldn't wait to leave.  It was so hot and stuffy up there on that day.  If it had been cooler weather we probably would have booked another day.  The chairs were so plush and service up there was really good.  

I had a different experience. We booked the Sanctuary for a "port day" in Ensenada. We never get off the ship there.

It turned out to be the worst possible day we could have picked for the Sanctuary. It was cold, rainy (not a lot, just enough to be felt), the stewards practically ignored us (there were only one or two other couples, so no excuse to ignore us). The afternoon tea was one sandwich (tiny), a couple of pastries and tea/coffee. We had no choice of the food, they simply brought some plates, dropped them off and went back to keeping warm.

Haven't done the Sanctuary before or since. Once was enough.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jersey42 said:

Princess seemed to be doing well selling the Sanctuary, especially on warm weather sea days.  They got a good price and a much better price for the cabanas.  So why are they risking these revenues to save a relative small amount of money on seat cushions? Makes no sense to me. ☹️

I agree.  Those new cushions are about the size of the ones we have on our pool lounges at home.  They are fine for a couple of hours but not for an entire day or an entire cruise!  Normally on Caribbean cruises we reserve the Sanctuary for the entire cruise.  We won't be doing that any longer.  In our estimation given the uncomfortable seating the price is now totally out of whack with the experience.

i always spend the week up there and by 2 pm, we were done. I canceled tomorrow and when the manager wanted to know why, I told him the chairs are uncomfortable and the new set up without tables just doesn’t work. I don’t want to place my glass of water on the floor and that’s your choice. Where do you put lunch or even afternoon tea?

If you read all my past live froms you will see that the sanctuary on  every ship has been my slice of heaven. Sorry to say that won’t be the case if they change it out on all ships. Such a shame.  

Edited by Host CJSKIDS
  • Like 1

They sent out a emails a couple of weeks prior to the sailing and they are doing two focus groups discussion. My husband is there now as he is one of the people that got picked. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, capriccio said:

I agree.  Those new cushions are about the size of the ones we have on our pool lounges at home.  They are fine for a couple of hours but not for an entire day or an entire cruise!  Normally on Caribbean cruises we reserve the Sanctuary for the entire cruise.  We won't be doing that any longer.  In our estimation given the uncomfortable seating the price is now totally out of whack with the experience.

Somehow my reply and Carolyn's got combined in post #73....

6 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I always spend the week up there and by 2 pm, we were done. I canceled tomorrow and when the manager wanted to know why, I told him the chairs are uncomfortable and the new set up without tables just doesn’t work. I don’t want to place my glass of water on the floor and that’s your choice. Where do you put lunch or even afternoon tea?

If you read all my past live froms you will see that the sanctuary on  every ship has been my slice of heaven. Sorry to say that won’t be the case if they change it out on all ships. Such a shame

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 1