Aqua Class

ule

I could have sworn that when booked into Aqua Class that it included dinner at 2 specialty restaurants for a 10 day cruise.  I am no longer seeing this.  Is it not included anymore?

3 minutes ago, ule said:

I could have sworn that when booked into Aqua Class that it included dinner at 2 specialty restaurants for a 10 day cruise.  I am no longer seeing this.  Is it not included anymore?

We have booked AQ consistently since it's inception for cruises over 10 days...and I have never seen this offer?  LuAnn

see below.....it is a copy of all the amenities listed for Aqua Class.  I still had it on my cell phone from when I was trying to convince someone to sail with us.  Come to think of it, a few of the other perks have changed as well it looks like......

Aqua Class Suite+
CATEGORY
When you stay in a roomy AquaClass® Suite, you'll enjoy the ultimate in spa pampering with Hansgrohe® shower panels, aroma scent selections, a bed pillow menu, daily deliveries of bottled water and teas. Plus priority dining in the Blu specialty restaurant featuring flavorful and healthy "clean cuisine." European-style butler service 24/7 for assistance with packing and unpacking, making your spa appointments and dinner reservations, booking shore excursions, and so much more. Veranda with lounge seating and bath with shower/tub combination.
Features and Amenities

Twice daily service (makeup and turndown)
Daily ice service in stainless steel ice buckets
24 hour complimentary room service
Plush Frette® bathrobe
Slippers
Complimentary tote bag
Bulgari luxury bath amenities (shampoo, conditioner and lotion), shower cap, cotton balls and cotton swabs
Additional custom bath products: nail kit, shower gel, mending kit
Water/wine glasses
Celebrity eXhaleTM bedding featuring custom premium mattresses, plush duvets and pillows, and 100% pure Egyptian cotton linens
Hair dryer
Private mini-bar*
Interactive Samsung flat-screen television system to view and select shore excursions, order room service, and watch movies*
Private safe
Dual voltage 110/220AC outlets
Priority check-in
Priority debarkation
Reserved theatre seating (on formal nights only)
Priority tender service
Shoeshine service
One complimentary dinner for two (cruise of 6 or 7 nights) and two complimentary dinners for two (cruise of 8 nights or more) in a specialty restaurant
Full in-suite breakfast, lunch & dinner service
Afternoon canapés and tea service
Complimentary daily in-suite espresso and cappuccino from Café al Bacio
Main & specialty restaurant seating preferences
Oversized 100% cotton bath towels
Pillow menu
Fresh flowers
Welcome Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine with a commemorative label featuring exclusive art work from the ArtCenter/South Florida artists
Daily fresh fruit platter
Veranda
Hansgrohe® showerhead

What is posted is from a 3+ years ago when they had AQ suites on the Reflection those were changed to Sky Suites.  

We have ave stayed in AQ  beginning in 2012 and dinners in the speciality restaurants were never included.

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 1

Lightbulb just went off.  When Sky Suites didn’t have access to Michaels Club or Luminae (2014 ish) those booked in SS got 2 free meals in speciality restaurant.  We had a SS that we booked in 2014 for a 2015  cruise.  In 2015 Sky Suites were included in Luminae & MC.   Celebrity honored the 2 dinners even though we had access to Luminae & MC.  Maybe you are remembering a Sky Suite perk.

• Like 1

Prior to Luminae, people in suites were given free speciality restaurant for one night for a seven day or less cruise, and two nights for a more than seven day cruise.  This ended for cruises booked after January 1, 2016.  There is a discussion of this from 2017 here.  

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2438556-complimentary-dining-in-a-speciality-restaurant-for-suite-class-guests/

I'm sure you all are correct.  It just sucks that that was the information that was listed on the Celebrity website when we booked our cruise......

1 minute ago, ule said:

I'm sure you all are correct.  It just sucks that that was the information that was listed on the Celebrity website when we booked our cruise......

You could call Celebrity and complain, but since you did not book an Aqua class suite, they probably would not help you out.  

I think that the OP, if I read correctly, is not looking at an outdated Celebrity website, he is looking at something he captured on his phone (screen shots or something similar) some time ago when he was considering booking an Aqua Suite.  

The website is truly awful, but at least it no longer contains references to Aqua Suites. 

They didn't exist for long.  And not all ships had them (maybe only Reflection had them, as a matter of fact).   All those rooms have been re-classified to Sky Suites.

1 minute ago, cruisestitch said:

They didn't exist for long.  And not all ships had them (maybe only Reflection had them, as a matter of fact).   All those rooms have been re-classified to Sky Suites.

I also believe that only Reflection had Aqua suites.  Even without them, Blu was very crowded on our recent cruise.  

2 hours ago, cruiserchuck said:

I also believe that only Reflection had Aqua suites.  Even without them, Blu was very crowded on our recent cruise.  

We were in a Sky Suite on the Reflection.  We never could get into Blu because it was always crowded (and that was understandable and the right thing to do).  We were told it was because Blu was the same size as on the other S ships, but there were a lot more AQ rooms on the Reflection.

Been in AQ class from inception on all class ships. No dinners elsewhere were  included.  Only Reflection had AQ suites for a brief time.. They were re-classified  as reg suites...

We never rely on the X website...It is not properly updated!

We agree BLU has become crowded esp at peak times,   Too many are eligible to dine there.  Once suite guests got Luminae they should  not  have been granted  continued access to BLU...even if it is only subject to availability,  it does increase the dining load.  They should  add some BLU menu items to Luminae to offer greater variety.

We are actually leaving BLU for awhile....trying the 4 mdrs on EDGE and APEX,   and reg mdr on Summit....

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

Years ago I got a $75 perk to spend at  a specialty restaurant of my choice. It was so long ago (maybe 8 or 9 years ago) I don't know if that was from the TA or Celebrity. Never seen or gotten that again. 

13 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

I think that the OP, if I read correctly, is not looking at an outdated Celebrity website, he is looking at something he captured on his phone (screen shots or something similar) some time ago when he was considering booking an Aqua Suite.  

Yes, I am looking at something I captured on my phone from the Celebrity website.  I captured it a few months ago, probably March of 2019.  Unfortunately I did a copy and paste of the info instead of a screen shot.  I had no idea I might actually need the info later otherwise I would have taken a screen shot.  

I appreciate everyone's input on the issue as this is our first time sailing with Celebrity.  We are surprised to learn that BLU might be very crowded.  The other couple traveling with us is not in Aqua so we might be eating in the MDR several nights anyway to spend time with them.

6 hours ago, hcat said:

We agree BLU has become crowded esp at peak times,   Too many are eligible to dine there.  Once suite guests got Luminae they should  not  have been granted  continued access to BLU...even if it is only subject to availability,  it does increase the dining load.  They should  add some BLU menu items to Luminae to offer greater variety.

There's always a line when Blu opens.  I totally agree with the above.

3 hours ago, ule said:

Yes, I am looking at something I captured on my phone from the Celebrity website.  I captured it a few months ago, probably March of 2019.  Unfortunately I did a copy and paste of the info instead of a screen shot.  I had no idea I might actually need the info later otherwise I would have taken a screen shot.  

I appreciate everyone's input on the issue as this is our first time sailing with Celebrity.  We are surprised to learn that BLU might be very crowded.  The other couple traveling with us is not in Aqua so we might be eating in the MDR several nights anyway to spend time with them.

We have spent a total 22 nights in AQ during 2018, Jan and Nov. Blu was “crowded” 3 times. Once we waited for 10 minutes with a beeper, once we waited less than that (barely long enough to walk to Ensemble Lounge and get a drink). The third time the maitre d asked us if we wanted to wait or finish out a table for 6 that they were seating because the evening rush had just finished - we took the table for 6. This was on Equinox and Silhouette, not Reflection.

We avoid the first night, solid specialty dining discounts are given to AQ for that night, and try to get a feel for when everyone else turns up for dinner and go at a different time. About half the time we could walk directly to the Maitre d stand, and about half the time there would be a few couples in line - but I don’t count that as waiting if we are seated immediately when we reach the maitre d stand.

Other than first night, I never thought Blu was overcrowded - full sometimes, but not overcrowded

• Like 1