transportation from Ft Lauderdale to Miami

On Symphony of the Seas in late January of 2020.  Flying in to FLL as it is cheaper that Miami.  

Looking for options on how to get to Miami cruise port.  We will be arriving the day before the cruise (!) so we are open to either staying in FLL or MIA.  

Looking to hear what others have done and how happy they were overall with that choice.

Brian & Livvia

Uber.

To me, flying into Fort Lauderdale and going to Miami and staying in Miami = greater peace of mind for the morning of the cruise, rather than staying in Fort Lauderdale and getting to POM in the morning.

• Like 1

We stayed at a hotel close to FLL that offered free shuttle from the airport so we only had to pay for transportation to POM. We used MJS shared shuttle to get to POM. The shuttle was $15/person. Worked great for us. I hope this helps!

1 hour ago, sunnyv said:

We are thinking flying into FLL for a Symphony cruise out of POM as well.  What is an average cost of Uber from FLL to Port of Miami (for 2 people)

We live about 3 miles from FLL. We take Uber and it's about 35.00 for the 2 of us. 

Our Mariner cruise in March we flew in the day before. Flew into FLL, Uber to the hotel (around $35-$40 total for two) in Miami, then just caught Uber to POM the next day at our leisure. Same thing after the cruise to get back to FLL. Super easy. 

When I fly into FLL for a cruise out of Miami, I always use SAS Transportation.  For $15 p/p, they will drive you from FLL to the port of Miami and port of Miami-area hotels ONLY.  After the cruise, they will shuttle you from port of Miami back to FLL.  One caveat is, you need an earlier flight into FLL because they run their last shuttle at 3pm.

10 hours ago, bgoff60 said:

On Symphony of the Seas in late January of 2020.  Flying in to FLL as it is cheaper that Miami.  

Looking for options on how to get to Miami cruise port.  We will be arriving the day before the cruise (!) so we are open to either staying in FLL or MIA.  

Looking to hear what others have done and how happy they were overall with that choice.

Brian & Livvia

Did the same as we flew into FLL for our  Feb. Symphony sail.  I highly recommend SAS Transportation (954) 213-1225.  Used them for return trip.  Fare was $15 pp.

We have used SAS as well. We stayed in FLL and took the shuttle to POM for our cruise. They are one of a few if not the only shuttle that would pick up as early as 9:30am. The others I contacted needed to be done with their FLL runs before they would pick us up. If you have 5 or more the price drops to $13...and if you prepay with 5 or more it drops to $10/person. 

11 hours ago, jerseyjjs said:

When I fly into FLL for a cruise out of Miami, I always use SAS Transportation.  For $15 p/p, they will drive you from FLL to the port of Miami and port of Miami-area hotels ONLY.  After the cruise, they will shuttle you from port of Miami back to FLL.  One caveat is, you need an earlier flight into FLL because they run their last shuttle at 3pm.

I think if there are 2 or more people it is more convenient to user Uber or Lyft.  SAS I believe is also a ride share which means you may have to wait for other people and have to stop at multiple hotels before your own.  

We had a less than pleasant experience using Uber. We accepted the quoted price from FLL to POM but we were later charged an additional expense because the driver drove in the left lane. Since there was no reason for the driver to transport us in the left lane....we disputed the additional charge and have not used Uber since. On the return trip, we used SAS which was just fine but for an upcoming trip we are considering Jiffy Jeff Transportation. 

On 6/16/2019 at 11:59 PM, sunnyv said:

We are thinking flying into FLL for a Symphony cruise out of POM as well.  What is an average cost of Uber from FLL to Port of Miami (for 2 people)

it really depends on whether it's a peak time and day. We used an uber FLL to POM and POM to FLL 6 times total in the last 6 months, and it ranged from $36 to $50. Some people reported $75-100 for Uber XL, but we managed to snag a minivan for the 3 of us for $36. 

Taxi is $75, no matter whether you get a minivan or a sedan.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

22 hours ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

SAS Transportation only shuttles to certain Miami hotels.. check their website.. another shuttle service that is available is GO transportion.

???, Used their shuttle from FLL to port and back to FLL.

Within the same city, I use Uber/Lyft.  Between cities, I use Larry's Limo service ( http://www.larryslimo.com/ ) .  Always prompt, courteous and clean cars/SUVs.  Costs more than a shared shuttle or Uber/Lyft, but I like the piece of mind having it pre-scheduled.  Also like not waiting for anyone else and not making additional stops.  I just used them a few weeks ago.  Had them pick us up at the FLL airport and drop us at our hotel in Miami.  Post cruise, had them pick us up at the Port of Miami and drop us at our hotel in Fort Lauderdale.

Dan.

Edited by Dan-P

18 hours ago, belmontcrew said:

We have used SAS as well. We stayed in FLL and took the shuttle to POM for our cruise. They are one of a few if not the only shuttle that would pick up as early as 9:30am. The others I contacted needed to be done with their FLL runs before they would pick us up. If you have 5 or more the price drops to $13...and if you prepay with 5 or more it drops to $10/person. 

We got picked up at around 8:30 am and did one more stop at Carnival before heading to FLL.

If you are staying in Miami, you can take the Tri-Rail Shuttle to the Tri-Rail Airport Station then take the train South to the MIC (Miami Inter-modal Center).  This is Miami Airport's transportation hub, from there you can catch Metro-Rail to Downtown Miami if you are staying there to catch the ship the following morning.  Another option is to take Uber from the MIC to Downtown Miami, 10-15 minute ride at most with traffic.  Tri-Rail will be cheap, $2-$3pp one way and Metrorail will be along the same lines to Downtown.  If you need to move around Downtown, you can Uber or take the people mover or a taxi.  You can even rent electric scooters to get around, only issue with this is the rain.

Edited by Mr305

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

???, Used their shuttle from FLL to port and back to FLL.

I have used their shuttle also from FLL to the port and back, if you are going directly there and back.. .. but SAS only will shuttle you to certain hotels in Miami if you are staying pre-cruise, next year my hotel is not on their list .. so I am using GO transportation. 

8 minutes ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

I have used their shuttle also from FLL to the port and back, if you are going directly there and back.. .. but SAS only will shuttle you to certain hotels in Miami if you are staying pre-cruise, next year my hotel is not on their list .. so I am using GO transportation. 

Sorry, misunderstood.