Passenger show

3 hours ago, nicoleslp said:

I was wondering if there was a passenger show on the last night of the cruise? 

On some sailings, the CD organizes a Michael Jackson Thriller show with customers as the dancers.

12 hours ago, Biker19 said:

On some sailings, the CD organizes a Michael Jackson Thriller show with customers as the dancers.

I have seen this a couple of times. They have rehearsals during the cruise, don't announce it....as the lights go down on the last night, the music starts and the zombie customers stagger in from all directions through the theater gangways to the stage. Usually good fun.

32 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

On a few cruises, there has been a Passenger Talent Show.  Haven't seen one in a couple of years.

We only ever saw those on the longer, Transatlantic sailings. Lot's of free time for rehearsals etc. 

There were Guest talent shows on Song of America and Nordic Empress when we cruised out of Manhattan. John Blair was the CD on some of those. One young lady guest was an excellent pianist. On a later cruise we saw her again and found out that RCI had hired her!  

No such talent shows in our recent history.

Agree - haven't seen them on RCL for many years.  I'd guess they were replaced due to a combination of lower interest and by  karaoke (and you never know what you're going to encounter at karaoke when some people think they're on Star Search LOL -- we were on one cruise where a family whipped out a guitar they had carried onboard and then wouldn't give their microphones back to the poor confused social host 😆).  

Edited by Truluv
Corrected typo

On the longer cruises...... ie more than 7 nights they always do it... from my experience.  

Anthem 9 night to Canada in 2016 MJ thriller flash mob

Ovation 15 night Singapore to Tianjin in 2017 MJ Thriller during talent show

Symphony 12 night TA  2018 Talent show, featuring the song from the movie greatest Showman

Ovation 16 night Sydney to Honolulu 2019, they did the talent show, but i have no idea what it was... some mashup of songs.

I only know this because my DW loves to dance and always packs a Thriller costume.... I think she might not any more since the last two didn’t include Thriller.

I think the talent show thing sucks, compared to the flash mob thriller that they did on the Anthem.

jc

Edited by xpcdoojk

4 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

On the longer cruises...... ie more than 7 nights they always do it... from my experience.  

Anthem 9 night to Canada in 2016 MJ thriller flash mob

Ovation 15 night Singapore to Tianjin in 2017 MJ Thriller during talent show

Symphony 12 night TA  2018 Talent show, featuring the song from the movie greatest Showman

Ovation 16 night Sydney to Honolulu 2019, they did the talent show, but i have no idea what it was... some mashup of songs.

I only know this because my DW loves to dance and always packs a Thriller costume.... I think she might not any more since the last two didn’t include Thriller.

I think the talent show thing sucks, compared to the flash mob thriller that they did on the Anthem.

jc

If you book a cruise where Steve Davis is the CD, you will have the Thriller dance.  😉

On 6/24/2019 at 9:58 PM, lovescats5 said:

Wish we could see pier runners.  We always hear about them but have not had the luck (for us) and misfortune (for them) to see any.  Maybe one day.

This was our first time to see some while on the Eclipse this past April.  

On 6/25/2019 at 5:19 PM, xpcdoojk said:

You know I never know or care who the CD is?  So will he be on the Allure or the Anthem next year?  Since those are my only two upcoming cruises.

jc

I have sailed with him on the Radiance (2017) and Vision (2018 & 2019).  I don't think  that he has as yet been on a larger ship.