RCI Ships for Sale (5)

3 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I don't plan on getting paid. I plan on being the person who lives on the ship with an emotional support animal. I'm just waiting for DW to agree to stay home and work to pay for this and cover my health insurance. I'm sure it won't be a problem.......🤣

Nobody will say a word if your ESA defecates on the chair hogs belongings. Heck, you might get some OBC towards  health coverage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

One of things I would like to implement on our new cruise ship, team, is my new upcharge concept:

Weiners, Winers, and Whiners. 

For $50 you get 50 minutes of unlimited hot dogs and wine, enjoyed while sitting around in a lounge with others complaining about the cruise. 

We don't issue any OBC on our cruise, but if you give Guest Services a hard enough time about something stupid, you may get comped on the above experience.  Possibly to be repeated for an additional comped 50 minutes until you get drunk enough to pass out. Anything to shut you up and get you out of the GS line for a while.

Long as it's a good Wine, I mean how can you enjoy a great Weiner drinking Wine out a a box?

31 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

Well that’s where the whiners come in.

I hope that Wursts are included as part of the Weiners

*** figured i start practicing the Whining  ***

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I hope that Wursts are included as part of the Weiners

*** figured i start practicing the Whining  ***

Of course we will offer the wurst weiners! See this is where teamwork is setting us up for success already. We should have done this years ago!

On July 18, 2019 at 9:47 AM, Host Clarea said:

I vote for YorkVillain.  I don't know what he would offer as CD, but I know it would be fun.

CruiseLifeRick as CD would change the entire face of the cruise industry. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/17/2019 at 5:07 PM, twangster said:

You can't believe everything you read or see on the internet.

Radiance has a multi-million dollar refresh scheduled and immediately after that she headlines in Brisbane opening up a new market and home port there.  She isn't for sale.  

Agree, Fake Sale. These been showing up online fore yrs

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

He needs a job that lets him wear those theme suits nightly.  The parties would certainly be lively!

I'm afraid to imagine the different theme nights he would have.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

I'm afraid to imagine the different theme nights he would have.

His morning show would be interesting to watch...recorded at 2:00am each night before going to bed.  Wait...isn't that called Periscope?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My question is now that we are in the serious mega ship era what will happen to the truly giant ships when they get old? They used to take old ships and move them to smaller subsidiaries lines or sell them to smaller niche cruise lines. What the heck happens to Oasis when its 30 years old? Or Anthem?  I mean what are they going to do with the mega ships? 

Just now, JAMESCC said:

My question is now that we are in the serious mega ship era what will happen to the truly giant ships when they get old? They used to take old ships and move them to smaller subsidiaries lines or sell them to smaller niche cruise lines. What the heck happens to Oasis when its 30 years old? Or Anthem?  I mean what are they going to do with the mega ships? 

Those will be small ships by that time.

25 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Those will be small ships by that time.

Do you really think so Bob or are you kidding?  Will they keep getting larger?  I realize that Carnival's Fantasy Class were considered megaships 'way back in the day and that seems a silly moniker for them now. 

But we've had Oasis class now for ten years and I'm not seeing any new plans for anything to top it.  Is there a critical mass after which logistical problems outweigh the bell/whistle opportunities?  Just how big can they get and still be manageable?  So many things to consider - what ports / dry dock facilities can handle them; how hard is it to manage that much staff and that many guests; where do you put them at any given time; how many activities can you run; what about all the food?????

Or am I just simply not a visionary?

8 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

Do you really think so Bob or are you kidding?  Will they keep getting larger?  I realize that Carnival's Fantasy Class were considered megaships 'way back in the day and that seems a silly moniker for them now. 

But we've had Oasis class now for ten years and I'm not seeing any new plans for anything to top it.  Is there a critical mass after which logistical problems outweigh the bell/whistle opportunities?  Just how big can they get and still be manageable?  So many things to consider - what ports / dry dock facilities can handle them; how hard is it to manage that much staff and that many guests; where do you put them at any given time; how many activities can you run; what about all the food?????

I remember when Voyager class was considered a megaship, now it's small to medium.

Seriously, not too long ago I came across a website of a yacht broker that specialized in very large yachts and older cruise ships.  There were two Royal ships listed.  Their names were not revealed, but there were lots of pictures.  Those familiar with Royal ships would identify the two as Grandeur and Rhapsody.  Prices, as I recall - something in the low $200 millions each, with Rhapsody being the higher of the two.  There were maybe 50 ships listed, most much smaller than Grandeur and Rhapsody, including several that looked like they may have been older Carnival ships.  Can’t remember the name of the broker.  

3 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

Quantum class is smaller than Oasis as is the new Project Icon-class. As these are the next generations ships for the next decade or so, I don't see anything bigger than Oasis.  The fact that 10 years later, even the new Oasis-class ships have not been "stretched" (a favorite tactic of Royal to breath new life into older designs) leads me to believe this is the maximum size. Not other cruise line even comes close to having a ship the size of Oasis.

With the new Celebrity Edge, Royal is still building "smaller" (by small, I mean not mega-size) ships.   Royal is keeping it's smaller ships up-to-date as best of possible. The Radiance class is still popular so as long as they remain profitable and sell out, Royal will keep them around.

• Thanks 1

On 7/17/2019 at 5:06 PM, Host Clarea said:

It's been reported here that these listing are not necessarily from the cruise line.  Might be some sort of speculative listing by a broker.

Hope it is just as you said....speculation.

I would be very disappointed if Royal cancels my Grandeur cruise for the second time! And we also have a booking on the Brilliance next year.