Carnival Cruise Line stock

Thanks, everyone! Great information! I was able to purchase this morning--had to wait 3 business days for funds to transfer, since we are new at this. I was hoping to get it at the low $44-$45 dollar range, but just missed it. 😞  $46 is still SSSOOO much lower than it has been recently. 

For those interested--In looking at the CCL stock over time, it looks like it stayed above $55/share from mid-January 2017 through mid-December 2019. The price right now is golden!

Thanks again!

On 7/22/2019 at 6:25 PM, Banditswife said:

Does anyone have the link to the shareholder benefit request form for Carnival specifically.  I printed one out from an earlier thread, but it was for Princess. BTW  I am tech challenged.  Can I send the Princess form?  Where?  The Princess form has an address in Santa Clarita CA.

I would also be interested in finding out more about how to claim your onboard credit--form, process, etc. 

28 minutes ago, Runaway Parent said:

I would also be interested in finding out more about how to claim your onboard credit--form, process, etc. 

On this page click on the "view our shareholder benefit" and it will download the sheet. There isn't really a form. These are the instructions:

Please provide by fax or by mail your complete legal name, reservation/booking number, ship and sailing date, along with proof of ownership of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc shares (for example, photocopy of shareholder proxy card, a dividend tax voucher or a current brokerage or nominee statement with your brokerage account number blacked out) no later than 3 weeks prior to your sail date to your travel agent or to the cruise line you have selected below.

I just print out proof of my stock owernship, black out the account number, and write on the page my name, booking number, and sail date and fax/email it. This last time the fax at work wasn't working so I just emailed it and got a response back the next day.

Edited by Saint Greg

1 hour ago, Runaway Parent said:

Please provide by fax or by mail your complete legal name, reservation/booking number, ship and sailing date, along with proof of ownership of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc shares (for example, photocopy of shareholder proxy card, a dividend tax voucher or a current brokerage or nominee statement with your brokerage account number blacked out) no later than 3 weeks prior to your sail date to your travel agent or to the cruise line you have selected below.

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE 
Guest Administration
3655 N.W. 87th Avenue
Miami, FL 33178 
Tel 800 438 6744 ext. 70450 
Fax 305 406 610 

Carnival OBC request form.pdf

4 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE 
Guest Administration
3655 N.W. 87th Avenue
Miami, FL 33178 
Tel 800 438 6744 ext. 70450 
Fax 305 406 610 

Carnival OBC request form.pdf 68.02 kB · 2 downloads

we sent ours by mail to the address on that form, hope this will work. 

I emailed a request for the shareholder OBS  ( along with proof and booking info)  to:

guestadmin@carnival.com 

Took a couple days to acknowledge receipt, and a couple more to confirm OBC awarded.

• Like 1

Not a financial advisor, but I've been playing the market for years.  CCL at this price is mighty enticing.  With the OBC plus the dividend it's worth the risk IMO.  I have added twice at these sub $50.00 prices. 

But just like Blackjack...if you can't afford to lose, don't play the game.

Edited by Frank12
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Frank12 said:

Not a financial advisor, but I've been playing the market for years.  CCL at this price is mighty enticing.  With the OBC plus the dividend it's worth the risk IMO.  I have added twice at these sub $50.00 prices. 

But just like Blackjack...if you can't afford to lose, don't play the game.

All stocks have risks and I don’t know if Carnival is a good stock or not but I figure if you are getting a bonus tax free dividend thru the OBC on an annual basis than that makes this more attractive than other stocks. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ed01106 said:

All stocks have risks and I don’t know if Carnival is a good stock or not but I figure if you are getting a bonus tax free dividend thru the OBC on an annual basis than that makes this more attractive than other stocks. 

And you only get that bonus tax free dividend if you sail on one of the lines owned by Carnival Corporation. Thus it is an incentive for you to not only cruise, but also to use one of their lines. And this is a major reason why they will probably never decide to not renew this policy.

9 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

And you only get that bonus tax free dividend if you sail on one of the lines owned by Carnival Corporation. Thus it is an incentive for you to not only cruise, but also to use one of their lines. And this is a major reason why they will probably never decide to not renew this policy.

Correct.  I am actually surprised more consumer based companies don’t do something similar, even if the offer was radically different than other offers. E.g. offer the same 10% discount to stockholders they offer to AAA members or AARP.

Disney use to offer discounts to stockholders.

One thing to remember, the on-board credit given by Carnival is not solely for Carnival cruises but is also available for the other Carnival Corp brands (Holland America, Princess, Cunard, etc).  The submission process is different for each brand, not too bright on Carnival's part but that is the process to get the OBC.

If you cruise a lot, it may be worth the investment as the OBC becomes essentially a dividend payment you spend but you should not invest solely for the OBC.  Carnival stock has struggled this year as the rest of the market has gone up. Disclosure, I hold Carnival stock.   

Purchased my 100 shares on Monday morning, July 22, for $44.95 / share.  The stock has not been that low since June 1, 2016.

Should be a good investment for me going forward... not to mention the Shareholder benefit.  Dividends are decent too.  I forgot all about this stock.  I last owned 100 shares in 2006/2007. 

So glad this topic was started.  Since I bought my 100 shares on Monday, my benefit (projected) is 18.5% on my money so far.  The stock would have to drop to $39, 15 months from now, before my initial investment turns south.

$4,495    Purchase price of CCL on July 22

$100 - shareholder OBC, 10 day cruise
$250 - shareholder OBC, 16 day cruise
$250 - 5 Quarters of dividends (Aug 2019 thru Nov 2020)
$232 - stock closing price as of July 26.
===== 
$832 - return on my initial investment.

1 hour ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Purchased my 100 shares on Monday morning, July 22, for $44.95 / share.  The stock has not been that low since June 1, 2016.

Should be a good investment for me going forward... not to mention the Shareholder benefit.  Dividends are decent too.  I forgot all about this stock.  I last owned 100 shares in 2006/2007. 

So glad this topic was started.  Since I bought my 100 shares on Monday, my benefit (projected) is 18.5% on my money so far.  The stock would have to drop to $39, 15 months from now, before my initial investment turns south.

$4,495    Purchase price of CCL on July 22

$100 - shareholder OBC, 10 day cruise
$250 - shareholder OBC, 16 day cruise
$250 - 5 Quarters of dividends (Aug 2019 thru Nov 2020)
$232 - stock closing price as of July 26.
===== 
$832 - return on my initial investment.

I do think Carnival is a good investment for someone who is planning on cruising twice in the next year and half.

However, there is some counting of chickens before they hatch going on in that analysis.  

While Carnival does have a decent history of paying dividends.  They were paying .40 in Nov 08.  Then didn’t pay a dividend until Feb 10 and then only .10 it took until May 17 to get back to .40.

Also the stock is one Triumph or Concordia incident from seeing a stock price south of $39 a share.

I am not opposed to the purchase, but I think you are discounting the risks.

23 minutes ago, ed01106 said:

While Carnival does have a decent history of paying dividends.  They were paying .40 in Nov 08.  Then didn’t pay a dividend until Feb 10 and then only .10 it took until May 17 to get back to .40.

Those are all Great Recession years... a crapload of companies lowered their dividend to 1 penny.  So yes, I guess I'm one Great Recession away from losing dividends again.  However, CCL has been paying 50 cents a share over the last 6 quarters.  With the economy as strong as it is, I have no reason to believe this dividend will not continue.

My real point was, that I could take a 13.33% hit on my purchase and still break even.  Better risk than most stocks, IMHO. 

19 minutes ago, Clemson Cruiser said:

Can you book an inside cabin and get the OBC?  

Yes.  Room doesn’t matter.  Only length of cruise.  Certain discounted cruises and charters don’t qualify.  But the most expensive suite on Seaborne gets the same obc as an inside cabin n carnival.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2019 at 8:42 AM, ed01106 said:

Yes.  Room doesn’t matter.  Only length of cruise.  Certain discounted cruises and charters don’t qualify.  But the most expensive suite on Seaborne gets the same obc as an inside cabin n carnival.

With "length of cruise' used to determine your obc entitlement with your shares, does that mean if you are doing a 35 night cruise and it is listed as being worth 2 future cruise credits does that also mean you would get 2 x $250obc for your shareholder benefit?

2 hours ago, Kaylacool said:

With "length of cruise' used to determine your obc entitlement with your shares, does that mean if you are doing a 35 night cruise and it is listed as being worth 2 future cruise credits does that also mean you would get 2 x $250obc for your shareholder benefit?

No. it is per booking. If you have one booking number, that means you get the credit once.

• 3 weeks later...