Tote bag question for someone on S-class now or recently

cangelmd

We sail in 1 week for our first suite cruise on Equinox. Sky Suite.

For anyone who has recently sailed, did you get a Celebrity bag? I don't care if it is particularly nice or not, I need a beach bag, and I don't want to pack one if I will get one (already have a bit of a collection, LOL). If it is a mesh bag with holes, I would likely take one of solid ones I have gotten on other trips.

I'm a planner married to a Boy Scout - we had a 30 minute discussion about the pros and cons of taking a carry-on in addition to our suitcases. The last several trips we have reduced our clothes\luggage every time. We are almost to the point for cruises, where we don't want to reduce anymore (we appreciate those who can travel with only a carry-on, but if you don't have to do that and you aren't moving from hotel to hotel, why do it?). If anyone cares, carry-on won, almost entirely because we fly in on Friday and want to access our clothes for Saturday without rummaging through the big bag.

7 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

We sail in 1 week for our first suite cruise on Equinox. Sky Suite.

For anyone who has recently sailed, did you get a Celebrity bag? I don't care if it is particularly nice or not, I need a beach bag, and I don't want to pack one if I will get one (already have a bit of a collection, LOL). If it is a mesh bag with holes, I would likely take one of solid ones I have gotten on other trips.

I'm a planner married to a Boy Scout - we had a 30 minute discussion about the pros and cons of taking a carry-on in addition to our suitcases. The last several trips we have reduced our clothes\luggage every time. We are almost to the point for cruises, where we don't want to reduce anymore (we appreciate those who can travel with only a carry-on, but if you don't have to do that and you aren't moving from hotel to hotel, why do it?). If anyone cares, carry-on won, almost entirely because we fly in on Friday and want to access our clothes for Saturday without rummaging through the big bag.

Recently on the Eclipse and in concierge class and did not receive a tote bag. You may just have to ask.

If you are speaking of the small bag that all cabins get, yes, we got one. If you are asking about the much larger bag that is a perk for Concierge class, no, we did not.  We were in a concierge class cabin. Since we have about 4 of those, we were not unhappy about that. BTW I have seen other posts that indicate the "beach bag" that is given now is lighter weight and has no zippered inside pocket as they used to. 

36 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

Thanks everyone, hopefully since we are in a Sky Suite we will get the thin blue bag.

We received the zippered  beach bag  with leatherette handles on Equinox.  We were surprised.    

We also received a pair of beautiful slippers. 😀   Let's say "stocking stuffer".  

Edited by keesar

We got the cheap thin one on the Edge on New Years in an Infinate Balcony. BTW we loved the cabin. We have quite a collection of Celebrity bags.  Recently found one of the old nice ones with the leather type handle and it folded with a snap to keep it folded. Very Longchampish. Think it was from an old Eclipse TA back in the day.

Mary Ann

Edited by UFMOM

My husband and I just got off the Equinox a few weeks ago for two weeks. We had to beg and plead for a beach bag as even though we were In a sky suite and our friends were in concierge they got one and we did not without asking way too many times. It was a lightweight grey one similar to the old blue one. My understanding from the Butler was that they don’t give out the zippered bag anymore. 

Edited by gschwartz001

3 hours ago, keesar said:

We also received a pair of beautiful slippers. 😀   Let's say "stocking stuffer".  

We just receive the one-size-fits-nobody white cloth slippers, which we leave behind in the closet at the end of the cruise each time.

I am sailing Celebrity for the first time in a few weeks. Just a basic ocean view stateroom. Someone mentioned in this thread that everyone gets a bag of some sort others have said no bags. My family was actually having a conversation today wondering whether or not Celebrity gives you a bag or not. IF we do get a bag can anyone tell me what I can expect? ( size, style, material) Thanks!!

In December we were on the Millennium in Aqua Clasd.  We got the nice heavier tote with the zipper and pocket.   In July we were again on the Millennium in an Ocean view   We just got the lighter tote.  They are both nice to use for excursions to bring extra needs.  We love all classes on Celebrity.  

There is no bag listed on the Celebrity website Concierge Class amenities anymore.  No flowers (they used to be on the coffee table and in the bathroom), no room card holder which we really liked.  We really only book for the location now.

5 hours ago, bonapart5 said:

There is no bag listed on the Celebrity website Concierge Class amenities anymore.  No flowers (they used to be on the coffee table and in the bathroom), no room card holder which we really liked.  We really only book for the location now.

Never had flowers in Concierge Class?

We were on Infinity last month, in Concierge Class, there was no tote bag. Stateroom attendant said that they had stopped with the luxury one. Did got the thin blue basic bag, perfect for the deck and beach.

We are first time Celebrity cruisers booked in a Sky Suite on Equinox. Any guesses as to what we might find in our cabin 😁. While I don’t need another tote bag, it would be nice not to have to pack one. And my husband loves having the slippers (me too because I don’t have to fit his big ones in the suitcase!)

Are these standard items for suite guests?

10 hours ago, bonapart5 said:

Still have my Celebrity leatherette card holder from about 10 years ago. Keep dr license and cc in it. It’s still holding up. Had a few other ones, but never switched out this one and they eventually got lost.  

Mary Ann

On 8/3/2019 at 11:11 PM, tjc73 said:

I am sailing Celebrity for the first time in a few weeks. Just a basic ocean view stateroom. Someone mentioned in this thread that everyone gets a bag of some sort others have said no bags. My family was actually having a conversation today wondering whether or not Celebrity gives you a bag or not. IF we do get a bag can anyone tell me what I can expect? ( size, style, material) Thanks!!

Just got off the Summit. Ocean view cabin.
Grey cloth(?) tote bag. Quite useful.
Robes and umbrella for onboard use only.

Small rose and flower bouquet on day 2.
Wire keepers from next cruise....???

Edited by Arzeena

All get the light weight, no zipper tote bag. I'd guess the size to be about 14 " x 14"  I believe the person above who got a rose received it because all Elite members get a rose on first "chic" night.  What we used to get in concierge class was, additionally, a large, heavy beach bag with zipper pocket. 

• Like 1

On 8/5/2019 at 9:19 AM, 39august said:

All get the light weight, no zipper tote bag. I'd guess the size to be about 14 " x 14"  I believe the person above who got a rose received it because all Elite members get a rose on first "chic" night.  What we used to get in concierge class was, additionally, a large, heavy beach bag with zipper pocket. 

Yes we are Elite, which explains the rose.

We just got off the Equinox on 8/3 from a suite and they gave us the gray textured Tyvek Celebrity beach bag with metal grommets. I saw many people carry these for beach excursions. They also gave us a newer, more substantial gray canvas tote which came folded in a pouch that snapped to the inside of the bag for an inner pocket with an an additional interior zipped pocket at the seam. For our Seapass, we got a gray leatherette card holder. I asked the butler if we could get one of those rubber seapass carriers with a flap snap which affixed to the back of your cell phone, but he said they stopped offering those. We also did not see any of the white Aqua-class string beach backpacks we got on our last two cruises with Celebrity. I liked that one, even though it wasn't made to last. The butler said the backpacks were also discontinued.

Thanks for all the replies, we board Saturday, so I will report back.

Just sayin’, I threw into my suitcase an old thin fold up bag that we got on our single Princess Cruise - we will see what happens when I go to the pool or the beach with that one, having a Princess all over the sides!

Edited by cangelmd

9 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

Thanks for all the replies, we board Saturday, so I will report back.

Just sayin’, I threw into my suitcase an old thin fold up bag that we got on our single Princess Cruise - we will see what happens when I go to the pool or the beach with that one, having a Princess all over the sides!

Nothing.