CELEBRITY EQUINOX WESTERN CARIBBEAN 7/27/19-8/3/19

MisterMet

Orville,

Where on the Cape are you?  We often spend a week in the summer in Chatham.

MisterMet - really enjoying all the picture.  Thanks for taking the time to post them.

Vicky

41 minutes ago, sarasotascott said:

We will be on the Equinox on 8/17-31.  If you have time can you please post a picture   of the Senior officers information sheet.  I’m curious who is on board.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott

Here is your list.  Unfortunately, I think the good Captain will be gone by the time of your sailing.

2405C18C-E3AF-4D87-991D-C4FCE1633914.thumb.jpeg.6ad4362a3c59742b7a3cd2dbf9fb6475.jpeg

5 hours ago, Pier290 said:

Fabulous thorough review!  We are sailing Sept 13 on her for the ABC 10 day!!  Our first time in the ABCs!!

5 hours ago, Pier290 said:

Fabulous thorough review!  We are sailing Sept 13 on her for the ABC 10 day!!  Our first time in the ABCs!!

We were on the Equinox last September for our 1st time in the ABC’s. We loved them and Aruba has become one of my new favorites. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. 

GrazieMommy AKA Mr. Met’s DW

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MONDAY JULY 29TH DAY AT SEA #1

We slept in again a little longer than normal and then tried eating breakfast in the MDR for the first time.  We had always either done room service on our balcony or eaten in the buffet.  I think we both enjoyed the experience because we couldn't overeat before exercising.😮😮

After a delicious breakfast we decided to walk the ship from bow to stern, deck by deck as much as was available and open to us to get our exercise.  After 90 minutes of walking, we had traveled more than 5.25 miles.  I think we bought more than we were hoping for (at least I did).  It did, however, allow us to snap some different pictures of the ship along the way:

IMG_1896.thumb.JPG.d4f31cee7f23c6c84da97945a827d56b.JPG

665052932_IMG_2182(1).JPG.1c133badab8c14117061710acd7ff6b6.JPG

IMG_2183.JPG.f2e6e91660f557a7b9d8f9d22b559ac0.JPG

We popped into the Cruise Critic Meet & Greet for a chance to Meet the Senior Officers.  It was a short introduction to the officers and a organization of a slot pull.  I got quick shot of Captain Kate as she addressed the gathering for one of the last times as the Captain of the Equinox before departing for training and eventually taking over the helm of the Edge in December.

IMG_1959.thumb.JPG.35e1b093eb6c1e78d2494c4bcb8f1e85.JPG

All of this activity worked up our appetites so we hauled butt up to the Mast Grill for burgers and fries.  It was the perfect reward for more than 6 miles of walking up to this point in the day.  Since we were so close to the OVC, dessert was the next stop for some ice cream.

IMG_1964.thumb.JPG.32bca44e2181cc0d93fdd872e66728bf.JPG

Now we could head down to the cabin, change into our bathing suits and head back up to the Solarium pool to relax for the rest of the day. 

After some much needed rest (or a food coma, I'm not sure which)  we then changed into our Celebrity Chic outfits and headed to the Equinox Theater for vocalist Jesse Hamilton's excellent show.  Our dining experience in Murano was fabulous!  We both enjoyed the venison loin and the top notch service and atmosphere.  Murano is as good as any restaurant we've been to on land or at sea.  Since our dinner reservation was't until 9, we headed to bed to get ready for our first trip off the ship in Costa Maya.  It was truly what you'd want of your Sea Day.  Do as much or as little as you want.  

IMG_9943.jpg.45924aa7df4714f2bfef1f259291c2db.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, sarasotascott said:

We will be on the Equinox on 8/17-31.  If you have time can you please post a picture   of the Senior officers information sheet.  I’m curious who is on board.

Thanks,

Scott

We will be on the second half your B2B.

COSTA MAYA, MEXICO TUE. 7/30

We use room service as our wake up call on port days and love dining on our balcony.  We love sipping coffee and munching danish while surveying our new surroundings. The usual order was placed, consumed, and it was delicious like always.

While this would be our second visit to Costa Maya, the day held a special excitement for me as I was getting a second crack at seeing the Chacchoben Mayan Ruins.  Thirteen years prior on a Carnival cruise, we inadvertently got on a wrong bus.  I noticed after about 20 minutes that this bus never left the coast line and sight of the ship. Everyone on the bus had large duffel bags (first clue).  When the guide said "does everyone have their dive certificates" I about peed in my pants! (no more clues--reality--we were on the scuba bus and weren't going to the ruins.  I was so bummed, embarrassed, and a bit angry that I bought my wife a $500 tanzanite bracelet.  So today, I would pay attention to the lines like I had never before in my life, get on the correct bus, see the ruins, and cross something off my bucket list.

We took the Celebrity tour from the port, met our guide Paola, and bused to the ruins (about a 45 minute ride).  Leo our driver gave us a smooth ride to the ruins (not easy to do since more than half the drive is on single lane roads that tend to wash out).  Once there, Paola gave us a great, informative tour of the ruins and time for us to wander around the grounds on our own.  After two hours at the sight we bused back to the port after a really great excursion.  I was truly happy we were finally able to make it to the ruins.

IMG_1986.thumb.JPG.293997274506444da62627b5624fae30.JPG

IMG_1977.thumb.JPG.d6d65a8135b58008917f7c7b6febdd1d.JPGIMG_1975.thumb.JPG.ed07a63d7a65cd1af6be075c87eb955f.JPGIMG_1974.thumb.JPG.1e0034b934b3b5920ba7daceba89ccd4.JPG

FINALLLLLLLLLLY!!!!!

IMG_0014.thumb.JPG.46e9c76a976cd176a2ba1c6b5a84b57f.JPG

While we were eating lunch back at the port in Costa Maya, I had this funny feeling that I had been at the restaurant where we were eating before.  The one thing that threw me off, however, was all the waiters and waitresses wearing these masks.  I was dumbfounded as to why, but just brushed it off.  As I was eating I looked across the pool area by the bar and thought I saw some type of dancing going on with some instructions coming over a loud speaker.  Again I thought "what the hell is that?"  Then I got hip as to what it was--Professional Wrestling!  How cool!  They had a regulation ring, actual matches going on (tag team) and the waiters and waitresses were wearing the masks of the wrestlers.  It brought me back to my childhood and DW and I were totally into it as you can see below:

IMG_0048.thumb.JPG.31890a182a5047ac6675b0145b59ac4d.JPGIMG_0051.thumb.JPG.d5c23937b3d630a0064923952d99b7e4.JPGIMG_0060.thumb.JPG.72b5fa740d410d4225d02a10daab311d.JPGIMG_0057.thumb.JPG.9f551a2ab84098287c40e9bb6e164fa9.JPGIMG_0045.thumb.JPG.56f099c7308ee54d389fb4eb431762ea.JPG

The port area has evolved greatly since our last visit 13 years ago.  There's a swim with the dolphins experience, large pool,  beach chairs, swim up pool bar, wrestling (as seen above) many shops including 2 pharmacies, restaurants, a chocolate shop (which I highly recommend) and is truly a fun place to hang out.  Even if you don't go on an organized excursion, we would definitely recommend popping off the ship and enjoying what the port area has to offer.

Around 2 we headed back to the Equinox for a quick nap.  We needed to rest up for we had been invited by the Concierge Ross to watch the sail away from Costa Maya from the helipad at the front of the ship.  There were many who were also invited (guessing about 100 or so).  This was our second time being invited and we enjoyed it every bit as much as the first.

IMG_2045.thumb.JPG.648bff5badde6e11c705c9504c746d30.JPGIMG_2046.thumb.JPG.5a9b48ab6dbd76441b961aae9b5a4bc3.JPGIMG_2047.thumb.JPG.3fbf29c09ffcf461f0e6a29545582e8b.JPGIMG_2044.thumb.JPG.15d9b676d77be67475432c0a8630cbcb.JPG

The 7PM show Elysium in the Theater didn't interest us, so we decided to do a bit of shopping with our OBC.  We then headed to the Ensemble Lounge to hear solo guitarist Sashi play.  She is quite good and had quite a following.  In fact, all the entertainers on board were very, very good.  The house band Nu Image was great and the English duo Drift Duo also were very good.

Herickson, Wutelais, and Mervin took great care of us in the MDR with a wonderful meal and excellent service.  We then made our way up to the Theater to see if our newlywed friends Danielle and Patrick would find their way onto the stage for the wedding game since we suggested that they act like Arnold Horschack (for those of you who know who that is) and draw as much attention to themselves as possible.  Guess who winds up winning???

Danielle and Patrick!

IMG_2052.thumb.JPG.132dd1313abb9ebbdcbd672f42c43401.JPG

The event was a hoot.  Danielle and Patrick were a hoot.  The other two couples were a hoot.  We laughed our butts off.  So did everyone else in the Theater.  Cruise Director Maarten was hysterical.  It was a great end to a really nice day.  But not before a visit to the OVC for decaf and cookies!  Cozumel would be next.  What a day indeed!

IMG_1983.JPG

MisterMet!! First your pictures are fabulous actually capturing interesting views . Please keep those great shots coming . Second Hilton Marina is our favorite god views , lovely rooms . Your pictures & review did it justice . Lastly nice review ... will return to Equinox in December ( only 2nd time on this ship) with our friends . It's their first cruise so I'm sure your review will add to the adventure. Thank you for taking the time to post .

First of all, I love your review and your pictures.

We have sailed on the Millenium for our 1st Celebrity cruise where we renewed our vows of 25 years - that was 9 years ago and were hooked.

Unfortunately, we went on a family trip on Carnival - not bad but never again and a ruined trip on Royal where there was a fire and found everything lackluster.

Our last cruise was on the Equinox where we did a 9 day Western Caribbean, we had a blast.  We have 2 upcoming cruises on the Equinox - February 2020 Southern Caribbean and February 2021 where I will turn 60 on an Ultimate Southern Caribbean.  We are counting down the days - too long for us.

We live on the Gulf Coast of Florida and are about 4 hours from Fort Lauderdale.  We loved the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina but could not find a room for less than $300 a night.  We are booked another hotel - it will be Valentine's Day afterall.

We love the Concierge luncheon.  I am glad that you enjoy it.  I cannot believe when reading these boards how many people complain about it.  As soon as I am seated and waited on, I know I am on vacation.  I love being pampered.  I am a nurse and serve people all day.

I will follow your review in hopes that there are more.

Thanks.

Great photos and review style, Thanks for continuing to share.

Glad you got to Chachoben...great excursion. We enjoyed it  awhile back.... learned alot about the area and Mayan civilization..

Must say the mosquitos were biting with zest despite  very strong repellent. Climbing was fine but the grassy areas were unreal. Anyone planning a visit  who is a mosquito magnet like me, should bring lots of deet and wear long pants and  long sleeves

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Great photos and review style, Thanks for continuing to share.

Glad you got to Chachoben...great excursion. We enjoyed it  awhile back.... learned alot about the area and Mayan civilization..

Must say the mosquitos were biting with zest despite  very strong repellent. Climbing was fine but the grassy areas were unreal. Anyone planning a visit  who is a mosquito magnet like me, should bring lots of deet and wear long pants and  long sleeves

Oddly, the mosquitoes weren’t bad the day we went.  Maybe it was because everyone else was slathered in repellents that we never got bit.  Thanks for following along.

2 hours ago, aml3679 said:

First of all, I love your review and your pictures.

We have sailed on the Millenium for our 1st Celebrity cruise where we renewed our vows of 25 years - that was 9 years ago and were hooked.

Unfortunately, we went on a family trip on Carnival - not bad but never again and a ruined trip on Royal where there was a fire and found everything lackluster.

Our last cruise was on the Equinox where we did a 9 day Western Caribbean, we had a blast.  We have 2 upcoming cruises on the Equinox - February 2020 Southern Caribbean and February 2021 where I will turn 60 on an Ultimate Southern Caribbean.  We are counting down the days - too long for us.

We live on the Gulf Coast of Florida and are about 4 hours from Fort Lauderdale.  We loved the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina but could not find a room for less than $300 a night.  We are booked another hotel - it will be Valentine's Day afterall.

We love the Concierge luncheon.  I am glad that you enjoy it.  I cannot believe when reading these boards how many people complain about it.  As soon as I am seated and waited on, I know I am on vacation.  I love being pampered.  I am a nurse and serve people all day.

I will follow your review in hopes that there are more.

Thanks.

Thanks for following along. We love the perks of concierge class.   We are both in the service business. DW is a dental hygienist, and I am a golf professional. We love being doted upon when we are on vacation. Here is a link of DW‘s review of our ABC islands cruise on the Equinox in September 2018