Harmony Live, August 25th to September 8th - A few more days drifting away...

A&L_Ont

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I was hoping to see a pic of the Ribeye? to see how it compared to the Bone-in Ribeye at Longhorn?

Ask and you shall receive. I really wish that the flavours could carry through like it was cooked on a wood fired grill. No sauce was actually used, as a good cut needs no sauce.  

76096F46-72AB-4846-BAAE-04C7970D2848.thumb.jpeg.2b06a15059389ed675c04e4690d22b9c.jpeg

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Ask and you shall receive. I really wish that the flavours could carry through like it was cooked on a wood fired grill. No sauce was actually used, as a good cut needs no sauce.  

76096F46-72AB-4846-BAAE-04C7970D2848.thumb.jpeg.2b06a15059389ed675c04e4690d22b9c.jpeg

Awesome, very nice indeed

9 minutes ago, Swank Pad G said:

Could not agree more. Which do you prefer at Chops the filet or ribeye?

I’d go with the ribeye, a lot more flavour with the marbling. Not to say that the filet is a poor cut though.  It is a great cut but they are two greatly different selections. The last choice for me would be the NY Strip.  Just a bit tougher on the ship, even though they are what we normally grill at home. However, at home we prepare them the way we like to.  They are much more flavourful when we do it our selves. 

Hope this helps. 

Edit to add: a brief apology to the vegetarians following along.  That should conclude the discussion this evening.  Hopefully the 9pm warning earlier today gave you the buffer that was needed. 🙂

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

They are much more flavourful when we do it our selves. 

I agree. I buy the whole filet from Costco and trim it and cut it myself. I put two different rubs on it, let it set overnight then make my own marinade and let it sit in that for 24 hours. Steak comes out incredible.

• Like 3

Thank you for the pics Andrew.

I don't see ribeye on the menu posted online.  I see filet, NY,  porterhouse.  Is ribeye a regular or an upcharge item?  Also noticed that the ribeye was removed from Jaime's dinner menu as well.

Happy to be following along, just powered thru all the posts now. LOVE reading all your reviews, but especially interested in this one because we are in a CLS on Harmony on the Eastern Itinerary in less than 4 weeks!! 😃 Sorry you were switched to a Western, but glad you got to see Coco Cay first...we also booked an pool cabana (when they were much less expensive) and loved all the details and pictures!   

• Like 2

Hi from Vancouver, BC! We are cruising October 6th on the Harmony, super excited! First time cruising with RCCL. Really enjoying your trip report and the pics of the food! Keep them coming! 

Only 40 days to go until it’s our turn 😀

• Like 1

14 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

0DDFFC21-ED2C-4930-8F32-638ACE15BE64.thumb.jpeg.4aa7b93365a727c578547e3ce5b2aa9f.jpeg

I’m wondering if these cabanas are as close together as they seem to be in the pictures I’ve seen. I love ❤️ the cooler and locker, but it looks to me like your neighbors are right on top of you. Did you find the cabana provided enough separation from the neighboring ones?

9 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Now, for the person curious to the soup, it seemed like the original mushroom soup but then you had me second guessing. 

Thanks for the pic.  That IS the soup that I though we would be getting but it was NOT the soup we got

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Glide_Path said:

Thank you for the pics Andrew.

I don't see ribeye on the menu posted online.  I see filet, NY,  porterhouse.  Is ribeye a regular or an upcharge item?  Also noticed that the ribeye was removed from Jaime's dinner menu as well.

The ribeye was not an upcharge, and there no porterhouse. 

6 hours ago, perfect match said:

Did you find the cabana provided enough separation from the neighboring ones?

They were close enough but with people coming and going it wasn’t a big issue. Our neighbors were actually hardly there. Arrived at 10 then disappeared, they were back for lunch and gone by 2.  

Byron, our attendant, took great care of us. 

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Thanks for the pic.  That IS the soup that I though we would be getting but it was NOT the soup we got

That’s unfortunate but at least other ships are still doing it right. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’d go with the ribeye, a lot more flavour with the marbling. Not to say that the filet is a poor cut though.  It is a great cut but they are two greatly different selections. The last choice for me would be the NY Strip.  Just a bit tougher on the ship, even though they are what we normally grill at home. However, at home we prepare them the way we like to.  They are much more flavourful when we do it our selves. 

Hope this helps. 

Edit to add: a brief apology to the vegetarians following along.  That should conclude the discussion this evening.  Hopefully the 9pm warning earlier today gave you the buffer that was needed. 🙂

Ive also found at Chops to have your steak cooked at the right temperature ask for it the next temperature up from what you want. This helps ensure it’s not under cooked. 😀 Asking for the temperature above, it comes out the temperature below. 😀

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, niksmom630 said:

good thing I had that yummy cheese and raisin plate waiting for me...

Captain Johnny banished raisins from the ship before we arrived.

He sent them all to Allure. You’ll see them using them around your ship soon for doing menial tasks like holding tiles to the wall, patching grout lines on showers, and tasks of various nature.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

We are curious to find out if Harmony has Prosecco on board? Allure always seems to have it...(although they did run out of Prosecco half way thru our November Friends cruise last year...) 🙄 they told us we drank it all...??? 😏

Anyway, Oasis does not carry it at all...which was sad, but I haven't been able to find out if its just an Allure thing or will Harmony have it too? Any chance of snapping a pic of the drink menu at the bar in the SL or CC some time this week would be very much appreciated!! ☺️

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Goes211 said:

Any chance of snapping a pic of the drink menu at the bar in the SL or CC some time this week would be very much appreciated!!

I’d suspect if one ship doesn’t have it they all won’t. However, I’ll do my best to ask and get that bar drink menu. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

O-man is back at the cabin chill-axin until teen club soccer at noon. Currently a hot front here at the pool. It’s hot. 

And then there is the chair hog situation. This row was taken at 8, when Lisa showed up. Still currently vacant at 10:30.  Good chances of a hostile takeover sometime later.

Kind of like predicting a Hurricane. 

image.thumb.jpg.79952d449ecb4a368b8a8d158350e26b.jpg

• Like 1