Donuts!

csj092809

I believe they are talking about the donuts and the cupcakes that are available for sale at the coffee shops.  They looked real good, but from what I could tell they seemed to have the same exact ones all week and slowly went through them.  

My family didn't buy any, we were tempted but resisted figuring that we had plenty of free desserts.  The people that did buy them didn't seem to be to impressed.

Edited by Marauder40

56 minutes ago, coevan said:

buy? where? 

Every ship I have been on this year (Sunshine, Horizon, Victory, Liberty and Breeze) had donuts for sale in the coffee shops. I have not personally tried one, but heard from several others that they look a lot better than they taste. 

1 hour ago, RandomUser123 said:

For all the free desserts on board the cruise ship why would anyone choose to spend money on a donut? I do not mean to be critical but that should be free as part of the breakfast buffet. 

Some of the paid desserts are good. I had a cookie for the first time from the coffee shop and it was delicious. At the price of $1.50 and with OBC to spend, I had no regrets. The lido desserts are mediocre at best. I have a major sweet tooth and I pass on just about everything. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Doggielover68 said:

Some of the paid desserts are good. I had a cookie for the first time from the coffee shop and it was delicious. At the price of $1.50 and with OBC to spend, I had no regrets. The lido desserts are mediocre at best. I have a major sweet tooth and I pass on just about everything. 

I agree. I got a piece of the chocolate/ chocolate cake and it was delicious! 

9 hours ago, RandomUser123 said:

For all the free desserts on board the cruise ship why would anyone choose to spend money on a donut? I do not mean to be critical but that should be free as part of the breakfast buffet. 

Agree but why should they give out what someone may pay for (cynicism). I also saw the same ones all week - not sure if the were fresh everyday but I only saw one bought while I was around the shop all week! I agree this should be something made of a smaller level available as part of breakfast. 

On my third cruise of the summer now and I have to say, the free desserts are better than they’ve been in years but they’ve done some changes or cutbacks on the stuff served in the coffee shop. I used to love the blue “red” velvet cake and it lousy when it tried it. The carrot cake also used to be a go to for me but I didn’t finish mine today.

The sushi is still great on every ship so I can’t complain too much. That’s a bigger treat for me anyways!