What are your favorite foods on Princess Ships?

Cruisin' Family

That's TWICE-BAKED goat cheese souffle, BTW.

I saw the Curtis Stone Chicken & Leek pie listed.  I do like that without eating all the crust.  It reminds me, I also like the Curtis Stone Sea Bass dish, but I always ask for an extra piece of Sea Bass. 

My favorite though, is a filet mignon in the Crown Grill with Applewood Smoked Salt, some red wine, and asparagus.  And of course the molten chocolate cake for dessert. I have my own supply of the smoked salt at home and always reminds me of the CG when having beef.

22 hours ago, Cruisin' Family said:

What are your favorite foods aboard the Princess Ships?    We'll be on Star to Alaska this month and Sky Princess to the Caribbean in March.    What foods do you recommend we try?   

Without a doubt...warm bread and butter pudding with warm vanilla sauce for breakfast...every morning of the cruise!!😉

4 hours ago, fluffybunny22 said:

We are doing the Baltics on the Sky. Do they list the Bavarian Buffet in the Patter? We will be in Germany but the restaurants I'm finding are all seafood and my husband wants traditional German food. Is this a lunch or dinner thing?

What cities will you visit in Germany? Most German restaurants have traditional german food at all meals!

yes they do list the Bavarian Buffet in the Patter but I'm not sure if every ship does it.

3 minutes ago, Clampram said:

What cities will you visit in Germany? Most German restaurants have traditional german food at all meals!

yes they do list the Bavarian Buffet in the Patter but I'm not sure if every ship does it.

Warnemunde. We aren't going to Berlin so we are just going to stay there and Rostock. We want to see how authentic our local German restaurant is.

Steak and Kidney pie from the International Cafe on the Grand.

Any of the Sorbet in the MDR.

Beef Wellington in MDR

Lamb stew.

Pizza in Alfredo's on the Grand.

Afternoon tea on the Grand including all the finger food

Edited by brisalta
  • Like 2

On 8/30/2019 at 3:26 PM, Tickled2Trvl said:

Goat Cheese Souffle, they do still do this don't they????

I think if they ever try to remove it from the menu, the uproar will be worse than when they took the barrel chairs away.

2 hours ago, geocruiser said:

My favorite is the Green Goddess salad dressing.  I love it at the buffet.

It's usually very good, but I will warn you, since I see you have an upcoming cruise on the CB, that it was not the same delicious dressing on that ship.  It was lime green -- it looked like some melange of melted lime Jell-O and nuclear waste.  Instead of the usual creaminess, the consistency looked thin (hence the comparison to melted Jell-O), like a vinaigrette.  There was no way I was going to try it.  For all I know, it could have tasted wonderful, but I just could not do it. 

1 minute ago, rdsqrl said:

I think if they ever try to remove it from the menu, the uproar will be worse than when they took the barrel chairs away.

It's usually very good, but I will warn you, since I see you have an upcoming cruise on the CB, that it was not the same delicious dressing on that ship.  It was lime green -- it looked like some melange of melted lime Jell-O and nuclear waste.  Instead of the usual creaminess, the consistency looked thin (hence the comparison to melted Jell-O), like a vinaigrette.  There was no way I was going to try it.  For all I know, it could have tasted wonderful, but I just could not do it. 

What ship is the CB?  I am going on Regal.  I hope that they did not change it there too.  I look forward to that dressing.  Do you think that they watered it down?

10 minutes ago, geocruiser said:

What ship is the CB?  I am going on Regal.  I hope that they did not change it there too.  I look forward to that dressing.  Do you think that they watered it down?

Oh, sorry -- I misread your countdown signature -- you're going on the Regal to the Caribbean in October, not on the Caribbean Princess.   Here's hoping the Regal has the non-nuclear version of Green Goddess dressing.

12 minutes ago, geocruiser said:

Yes, they have watered down the dressings.  As for the green goddess dressing, it has not been very good for a number of cruises. There is always hope. 

3 hours ago, brisalta said:

Steak and Kidney pie from the International Cafe on the Grand.

Any of the Sorbet in the MDR.

Beef Wellington in MDR

Lamb stew.

Pizza in Alfredo's on the Grand.

Afternoon tea on the Grand including all the finger food

ah ha your with me baby !  I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw steak and kidney pie, and well made. I attempted three, alas my eyes were bigger than my stomach. 

11 hours ago, rdsqrl said:

That's not the only thing that was different on the CB.

Their cooks do things differently than the rest of the fleet. 

I had posted to correct my comments....  but it must not have gone thru!

I meant 'green' slop with the lobster,  not 'great slop'.  (darn auto-correct????)

And, about the Green Goddess dressing,  Sounds the same as the fruit green tea, which is no longer, and is now like $3.00 or whatever, for nasty 'Kool-aid'.

There was no real dairy butter onboard on the Regal a year ago.  And it was hard to even find actual sugar to sweeten my tea.  

I about poisoned myself when I first boarded and put a packet in my tea, assuming that white meant sugar.

Took a while to figure out why I was feeling so bad....

Everything was so fake, over processed, over salted, and over cooked, that it really impacted the entire cruise.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

I meant 'green' slop with the lobster,  not 'great slop'.  (darn auto-correct????)

And, about the Green Goddess dressing,  Sounds the same as the fruit green tea, which is no longer, and is now like $3.00 or whatever, for nasty 'Kool-aid'.

There was no real dairy butter onboard on the Regal a year ago.  And it was hard to even find actual sugar to sweeten my tea.  

I about poisoned myself when I first boarded and put a packet in my tea, assuming that white meant sugar.

Everything was so fake, over processed, over salted, and over cooked, that it really impacted the entire cruise.

Been sailing Princess since the 90s, just off the Grand, never seen a dinner table without real butter and sugar available at every meal and the buffet.  Watched the Grand onload her stores in San Francisco last week, lots of fresh produce, meat and raw ingredients. Perhaps your negative views would be of more value in a thread where folks weren't trying to be positive and talk about their favorite foods. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

I guess you won't be sailing Princess again anytime soon. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

WOW!  Sorry that you did not like Regal.  I have been on her 14 times since she came out and everything was fine for us.  We always had real butter.  Every cruise is different, sorry yours was not good.

I am not the one who started the comments, such as the 'nuclear green goddess'.

Maybe the cheerleaders should direct some comments towards others who have noticed these things.

I only posted because others posted first.

Ohhhh,  and those little flower-pats are not pure dairy butter.  (used to be able to find square wrapped pats on some ships?)  

Two tiny packets of real sugar on a 4-top, if any at all, is not providing real sugar.

I am simply not the first or only person who has noticed all of these things.

With that, I have NEVER said that I did not like the Regal.

Only the food and dining we experienced, just after the changeover to the new menus and dining service.

My experience was what it was...

With that, I have said what I needed to say about the food we experienced.

I will no longer engage....  No need....

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, cougaraz said:

..." Perhaps your negative views would be of more value in a thread where folks weren't trying to be positive and talk about their favorite foods."

Bazinga !  and here I was thinking folks from the south were exceptionally polite 😄