Your Time Dining question

RobinCruiser

Curious if you can make reservations online ahead like RCI? Or do you have to do it once onboard? Or can you even make a reservation on Carnival if you have your time dining? I'll be on the Imagination in 13 days and would like to pre-reserve a dining time if possible. 

Thanks!

Robin

The Hub app now has a feature where you can check-in using the app and it will notify you when your table is available. We used it recently on the Breeze to check in as we were leaving our cabin (Deck 11) to go to dinner and we typically got a notice that our table was ready before we even got down to the restaurant.

• Like 3

On 9/16/2019 at 8:08 PM, jsglow said:

The Hub app is great. Ask for your table anywhere on the ship, get a notice that your table is ready before you get to the dining room door.

This exactly!  On my last cruise in May, I tried My Time Dining for the first time.  I had my reservations because I was used to having the set Late Dining.  On Formal night, I heard it was best to use the Hub App so I did.  I requested a table while we on the Lido deck and headed to the dining room, by the time we got out of the elevators on the third floor, I received an alert that our table was ready.   Other than that, there was never a wait when we arrived to the doors of the dining room, even for the specific section I requested.  I didn't even have to use the Hub App for those nights. 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2019 at 6:08 PM, jsglow said:

The Hub app is great. Ask for your table anywhere on the ship, get a notice that your table is ready before you get to the dining room door.

However, I don't think the Imagination as that feature inside the HUB app yet. We are just off the Inspiration and didn't find a way to reserve a table in advance. That being said, we never had a wait, because we generally went around 6 or so. I'd say if you are a party of 4 or less, any wait time should be minimal.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if Legend has the app ability to ask for a table? We may want a large table some nights as there are several cabins traveling together.

Also can you if you have a cabin for two, request a table (on the app if available) for 6 without linking the cabins. All have YTD.

Note, on CC I had seen others post that they had success making special requests in person, "away from others", "ocean view", "Julio's section", etc. And maybe they did, but the two times I tried on Magic last week, I was told to use the app. This was in the dining room and talking to the hostess. I do know on Horizon it was an either/or thing. There was a place you could go to make a reservation, it was near the coffee bar I think OR you could do it on the app. But on the Magic, they were not taking walk-up reservations or requests at least when I tried. Which doesn't seem right, I am sure plenty of people don't have the app.

If you do it on the app, it is first available from the time you make the request. So you're not specifying a time, you're simply saying "first available" and you have 10 minutes once it's filled. Most nights it was filled right away, but one night (the first elegant night) it was a 40 minute wait.

And there might be some formula or rhyme or reason, the app uses to where it assigns your party, but I'm not a huge fan. We really like the convenience of your time dining, from being able to do more stuff. But we definitely miss having the same staff and table mates every night. You are definitely missing out on a humanity aspect with the YTD. With the brunch and breakfast we attended, it was assigned by a human and was much better every time.

9 minutes ago, RumpunchGirl said:

Can you go to either of the dining rooms or is one of them designated for YTD?

On the Magic, we specifically asked this question and was told no we could not switch. We were in northern lights and wanted southern lights. I don't know if it was specific to our cabin number or if it was specific to YTD. I know the upper level of northern lights was assigned seating. I don't know if southern lights was the same way.

4 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

Does anyone know if Legend has the app ability to ask for a table? We may want a large table some nights as there are several cabins traveling together.

Also can you if you have a cabin for two, request a table (on the app if available) for 6 without linking the cabins. All have YTD.

The app has no ability to make any special requests and you just have to be friends on the app, in order to include them when making the request. I added Simon the CD as a friend on the app and I was then able to include him when reserving our table.

1 hour ago, five. said:

The app has no ability to make any special requests and you just have to be friends on the app, in order to include them when making the request. I added Simon the CD as a friend on the app and I was then able to include him when reserving our table.

So you list the names of all requesting at the same time, no matter the cabin number. I then assume if people in the same cabin wish to dine at different times, that is possible by waiting to request (sign in) separately.

Wasn’t asking for any special request except the table size to accommodate our party.

2 minutes ago, coevan said:

sometimes it was a quick wait sometimes it was a long, over an hour wait. it was hard to judge when to show up. 

what specifically was a nightmare? How do land restaurants survive without assigned dining times?

On the Magic the YTD is mid ship , behind the Atrium Bar

big difference is I speak up, it's not like a private restaurant who would never turn away guests like Carnival does. We have gone to the Steakhouse without reservations when we didn't care for the MDR menu. We were asked to wait in the bar and were seated in 5 minutes.