Can you use a Starbucks giftcard on board

EllieinNJ

3 hours ago, sassyshar said:

Just off the Breakaway two weeks ago.   The coffee shop in the Atrium is now a Starbucks, however, it does not accept Starbuck gift cards.    

So,,, the coffee bar on the BA use to "Proudly sell Starbucks Products". But it is not a Starbucks coffee shop. The same for my corner gas station which also "proudly sells Starbucks products" out of the drip grounds it puts in the coffee maker. It would have to be a proper Starbucks store to accept gift cards. 

Like these Atrium shops

image.png.1124f71cb0b8e1865e2c30e6f8fd8a75.png

image.png.166900b774355de5174ec699752bea05.png

image.png.7bd189193f6cb1d751350be4c80c6e1f.png

image.png.8b8cfb5d1f85dd58c1eab6cca5baaaaf.png

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

Just get the Starbucks app on your phone and transfer your gift cards onto your account.  That way on the ships that do have a bona fide Starbucks you can tender your phone and earn Star Rewards while at sea.   Something nice to look forward too when you get off the ship.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Hotspring said:

Just get the Starbucks app on your phone and transfer your gift cards onto your account.  That way on the ships that do have a bona fide Starbucks you can tender your phone and earn Star Rewards while at sea.   Something nice to look forward too when you get off the ship.

What level of wifi do you need for this? I have only purchased the social media package and would like to earn stars. 

11 minutes ago, Victorious8 said:

What level of wifi do you need for this? I have only purchased the social media package and would like to earn stars. 

Maybe because Starbucks stores have their own WiFi,  we never had to log into our NCL social media package when we tendered our phone at the Bliss Starbucks.   (No, what Wifi they have on the ship is not attracting a bunch of wifi grazers so it probably is not a full streaming connection.)

3 hours ago, Victorious8 said:

You don't need any wifi, they are connected and once they read your barcode they know your current balance and apply stars, the balance will update and stars will show up next time you are online.

Edited by ziggyuk

1 hour ago, KarmaElectra said:

How about the Escape?   Is it a proper Starbucks, or a coffee shop "proudly serving Starbucks?"

The Escape coffee bar is called the "Atrium Cafe" and is not a proper Starbucks store (may change during upcoming dry dock). And proudly serves Starbucks coffee (a change from the former Lavazza coffee). 

image.thumb.png.8f7dd7497d55180aaf7230533ea52dfd.png

image.thumb.png.7700f3ca6f89e052ae40e35e616a0988.png

image.thumb.png.df66643f9da4db09443fa1928b29bf16.png

Edited by BirdTravels

9 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The Escape coffee bar is called the "Atrium Cafe" and is not a proper Starbucks store (may change during upcoming dry dock). And proudly serves Starbucks coffee (a change from the former Lavazza coffee). 

image.thumb.png.8f7dd7497d55180aaf7230533ea52dfd.png

image.thumb.png.7700f3ca6f89e052ae40e35e616a0988.png

image.thumb.png.df66643f9da4db09443fa1928b29bf16.png

Thanks!  I've actually been on the Escape before, but only went to the coffee bar once, and couldn't remember if it was a true Starbucks or not.    Just remember that it was actually Starbucks product.  🙂

If it's a "real" Starbucks location like on the Bliss, you can use a Starbucks card or your Starbucks app. You cannot redeem stars for free drinks or upgrades, but you WILL earn stars for your purchases. I just got off Bliss this morning and verified that I earned about 68 stars while at sea.

There are other locations which serve Starbucks coffee/espresso but those would be charged to your room or the upgraded beverage package. Only the Starbucks location on deck 6 (across from Guest Services) lets you use your card and earn points. Alas, I didn't catch the name of the barista who created this cute bear on my flat white...

Bliss_latte_bear.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/27/2019 at 2:13 AM, Victorious8 said:

I also snapped a screenshot of my "barcode" on the app and had it in my camera roll favorites just in case the wifi was an issue. Never was though. 

• 2 years later...
On 9/27/2019 at 2:13 AM, Victorious8 said:

You can save a screen capture of the bar code and use that without wifi.  Like people should also do with their airline boarding pass.

You won't get an updated balance, but if there's money on the account, it'll scan.

49 minutes ago, billslowsky said:

You can save a screen capture of the bar code and use that without wifi.  Like people should also do with their airline boarding pass.

You won't get an updated balance, but if there's money on the account, it'll scan.

be aware that you are answering a question asked over 2 years ago. The poster has sailed and returned long ago.