music to listen to in your cabin and balcony?

compozer

Here I am packing for our last cruise. I simply slapped a luggage tag on each of these babies and we listened to our favorite hillbilly and gospel music on our balcony for hours on end. I sure like the solitude of being on our private balcony while listening to our favorite music. Happier than a pig in slop!!

Oh, don't worry. We kept the volume low enough so the balconies on the other side of the ship couldn't hear it. We aren't that inconsiderate! 

Image result for sony mhc v90w

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I just love it when folks on here want to lecture the OP about this or that and NEVER actually answer the question they asked. :classic_rolleyes:

To actually answer the original question......you can sign up for one of the streaming music services (I have sirusxm myself but you are correct that it won't really work on a cruise).  They (the services) are usually about $10 per month give or take, and allow you to download as much music as you want to your phone for offline listening.  This is all done right through the app and is very simple.  I use amazon music when I travel (I sign up for a month then cancel when I am done with the trip) and you can simply download a song or album for offline listening. Google music has a service as well as apple music. (apple music if fine if you are using an iPhone but if using an android phone it is a pain in my opinion. )  There really is no need to spend time ripping cd's to your computer then even more time transferring them to your phone when you can just simply  use one the online services.  I don't know about pandora or spotify as I don't use those, so others can weigh in on them. 

3 minutes ago, sloopsailor said:

Here I am packing for our last cruise. I simply slapped a luggage tag on each of these babies and we listened to our favorite hillbilly and gospel music on our balcony for hours on end. I sure like the solitude of being on our private balcony while listening to our favorite music. Happier than a pig in slop!!

Oh, don't worry. We kept the volume low enough so the balconies on the other side of the ship couldn't hear it. We aren't that inconsiderate! 

Image result for sony mhc v90w

Can I borrow those while you are sleeping, I have some Slayer, Iron Maiden and Motorhead I like to listen to while falling asleep. 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not sure which ship you are on but wondering why you can't access SiriusXM?  Or Pandora, for that matter.  With unlimited streaming and the app on your phone/tablet, I would think you could listen to either.  We listen to Sirius and Pandora every day using the wifi at our gym, and I know he has streamed Pandora and YouTube videos in the past (Celebrity Solstice).  And not to beat a dead horse, but we only listen with earbuds unless in the car or at home (or in the cabin). 

17 hours ago, mom says said:

But for the love of God, if you want to listen to music on your balcony, be considerate of your neighbors and use a headset or ear buds.

4 hours ago, Cruzaholic41 said:

Music in the balcony is a big no, no. Don’t do it. 

Very true!

on my cruise last year we had a room of college aged girls next door.  it was the worst.  they thought that they were the cast of glee.  they sang all day and all night in their room and on the balcony.  i was at my wits end.

they also had a bluetooth speaker playing songs from the frozen sound track when they were not singing.  RCI security didn't do anything about it.  i cant be the only one that was disturbed by this rude behavior. 

on a side note, this thread really exposed some people's technology skills.  lol

Edited by gammite

6 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

Why would you think you can't?

I stream my Sirius channel through the mobile app on my phone when sailing in the Caribbean.

I guess i worded my post wrong.   I really want to know how to get music and not necessarily for our cruise.   We are not in the cabin that much.  I am so computer dumb and really can't do much with my phone or computer.  

This is great to know. 

I really appreciate learning how others are able to listen to music - I see so many people walking while listening to something.    

1 hour ago, compozer said:

.  I am so computer dumb and really can't do much with my phone or computer.  

I'm not embarrassed at all to ask my kids, grandkids, or even neighborhood kids to show me how to do something. Adults are always telling them what to do, when to do it, and/or how to do something that they seem to appreciate sharing their knowledge with an adult who's willing to ask.

Those of us that are old...we asked for help and had the grandkids, nieces, and nephews download all the music we want on our phones😁...easy peasy. (Kids today seems to be on their phone all day long...it's easy for them....I had no clue.)  We have earbuds.  We listen to music at the airport, on our balcony, and in the ship's fitness center.  You'll see me running on the treadmill and my wife on the recumbent bike....both of us with earbuds.  No one can hear the music we are listening to. The phones nowadays are a wonderful thing...it can take pictures, send messages, emails, videos, and listen to music.😊

20 hours ago, compozer said:

Please, I understand about the music others can hear.  We are better than that so please no more comments about what we should not do!

The tv in the cabin is louder than the music I listen to

I bet you just want to crank Rush 2112 live, don’t you?😎

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, compozer said:

I had to google it .  Gee, I must be hiding under a rug.  Never heard of it

oh wow !

Image result for head shake emoji gif

lol. I have Subdivisions playing when I walk onto the ship

Edited by c-boy
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, spookwife said:

there is nothing worse than having some low level noise disturbance  in the background

Decades ago in an apartment complex, my next door neighbor played his music where I could only hear/feel the base.  I finally asked him to either turn it down where I couldn't hear it at all or up so I could actually enjoy Jim Croce 🙂

And doesn't sound 'travel'?

1 hour ago, CPT Trips said:

No! This is bass.

image.jpeg.d83a20c6edc4989f8cbe0e6896c3f603.jpeg

Technically it's both.  I had to look it up cause I wasn't sure.

In music terms, bass comes from the word Base and is pronounced as Base. But spelled as Bass. In other meaningsbase is any bottom base of something. Technically Bass is the lowest note of a music system, lowest notes in harmony.

18 hours ago, ATC cruiser said:

I bet you just want to crank Rush 2112 live, don’t you?😎

When you are done w them, can I borrow them to play my extensive collection of bagpipe and middle eastern prayer chant music.

DON

• Like 1

Motorhead - GREAT BEER!!!   I had a nice glass of it in Cocoa Beach, FL... (yes it is a beer done in collaboration with Motorhead)

I'll listen to just about anything on my iTouch, through either my mini Jambone speak inside or through my Bose headphones outside...

23 hours ago, klfrodo said:

Why would you think you can't?

I stream my Sirius channel through the mobile app on my phone when sailing in the Caribbean.

Could you tell me how you get it.  We get Sirus through Dish on our home and boat tv's.   

We will be in Europe and Asia on this trip.   Will I need Wifi? 

Thanks so much for any help you can give me.