EZAir pricing

Anubi

I booked our EZAir flights almost as soon as they were available and got a great price that was almost half of what the airline was offering on their website for the same flights.  ✈️👍

Since then, EZAir prices have gone up and up and up.  Our flights are May & June of 2020 so its still a bit out.  

So, my question is should I keep checking and hoping for a drop in price or stop whining about my first world problem, pull up my big girl panties and go with it?  😉😉😉

Your choice.  Prices could go up or down, even with the history of price hikes.  You have up to 45 days before your cruise, if you want to keep checking.  And if you are fine with what you paid, you can stop checking and leave it alone and spend your time doing something else.😁

I also booked my flights when they first opened and got a great price. Checked almost everyday and the prices were just going up.  Started checking less and less. Maybe once a week.  Right around the 60 day mark went to print my travel summary and checked EZ price and the price dropped $180 per person.  You just never know.  Keep checking only takes a few minutes.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, fluffybunny22 said:

I check every day. Clean out my in box, check the cruise personalizer to make sure Princess hasn't jacked my cabin, check air, check cruise fare. Takes 5 minutes.

Same here!  I do this every day up until the cutoff date.  Quick and easy, and sometimes results in $$ savings.  

Lol. Knowing you, my dear, keep on checking, you might find even better pricing, if not, at least you will know you got the best prices out there. Now, my namaste pine, pull up those big girl panties and enjoy a glass of wine. Miss you and the wonderful guy you are married to.

Edited by ggprincess2004
  • Haha 1

Thanks to all.   I have been checking daily but its frustrating to see the prices going up.  Oddly enough, today I couldn't check.  The website seems to be having a hiccup.  😁

1 hour ago, Anubi said:

Thanks to all.   I have been checking daily but its frustrating to see the prices going up. 

I'm in a similar situation, except instead of feeling frustrated, I pat myself on the back for getting a great deal.

Jim

If you truly think you have a great deal, go ahead and pay for them.  Here's the problem.  We've had two flights cancelled on our Delta booking. (meaning that Delta no longer offers the flights)   If they were booked thru Delta or paid for on Princess, Delta would just change our flights for us at no charge.  Because that wasn't the case, Delta said we had to make the changes thru Princess.  The problem with that is that it would result in higher costs for us.  We were able to get them changed to lousy flights thru a supervisor at no extra charge but we were lucky.  The supervisor said it normally couldn't be done but that Delta is more flexible than some of the others.  And it took one or two days both times.

Edited by palolake

I booked my air the day it was released with non stop Toronto-Athens-Rome-Toronto on Air Canada for Premium Economy.  I check daily. The price would change up/down in small amounts.  I would modified with each change, get new a booking number, and new seats.  I noticed my non stop return was not there.  I called Air Canada and Princess to see if the flight was still available, “no non stop that day”.  I made a new reservation with 1 stop and saved.  Since I have booked and with checking daily, my price went from $2,740 to $1,734/pp.

In over 7 bookings with EZAir Flexible, the price I have is the price I pay at final payment.

When it gets close to final payment, I would check direct with the airline and decide which is the best price.  If the airline is better, I cancel EzAir.

This why I like Princess, I can book my air a year in advance, watch the price and not pay for it until final payment.

Keep checking your booking. If you modify it, you will get a new air booking number and you will have re add seats/airline number again with each change.  Something easy to do, to save $.

• Like 1

Phabric - when you checked and saw your "nonstop return not there"... what do you mean?  It wasn't in the list of Princess flights you could choose from or it was no longer on the AIRLINE'S website?  If it was just not on Princess EZ Air for you to choose from then it just means that the seats Princess had are all taken so it is no longer offered.  If it is not on the airline's website then it means the flight is no longer offered.  If the airline no longer offers the flight then your personalizer, under travel arrangements, will say in red that there is a flight change.  They will automatically assign you to a different flight.  If not good then you call EZ Air to change that flight .

I have a cruise next year and booked through EZ Air as soon as the flights came out.  My flights are no longer listed on EZ Air because Princess no longer has available seats on those flights.

Edited by dickinson

26 minutes ago, dickinson said:

Phabric - when you checked and saw your "nonstop return not there"... what do you mean?  It wasn't in the list of Princess flights you could choose from or it was no longer on the AIRLINE'S website?  If it was just not on Princess EZ Air for you to choose from then it just means that the seats Princess had are all taken so it is no longer offered.  If it is not on the airline's website then it means the flight is no longer offered.  If the airline no longer offers the flight then your personalizer, under travel arrangements, will say in red that there is a flight change.  They will automatically assign you to a different flight.  If not good then you call EZ Air to change that flight .

I have a cruise next year and booked through EZ Air as soon as the flights came out.  My flights are no longer listed on EZ Air because Princess no longer has available seats on those flights.

I usually book a cruise a year or more out, I check and chart the prices/flights with the airlines to give me an idea what the price might be a year later.  I am a planner and want to know roughly what cruise, air, tours, hotels are going to be. 

Air Canada had a non stop on the Monday when I first started checking the year before.  I called Air Canada when they released for 2019, they did not have a non stop, they said not all flights have been released. They later posted a non stop.  Princess released their flights that included a Monday non stop.  I booked a Monday non stop with EzAir.  While checking EzAir prices, I noticed a notice that something was going on with my booking.  I called Air Canada/Princess for them to say that there was no Monday non stop.  I picked a 1 stop for my return.

2 hours ago, phabric said:

In over 7 bookings with EZAir Flexible, the price I have is the price I pay at final payment.

What is even better is if you have flexible air through EZ Air than you have up to 45 days prior to the cruise to change/refare/cancel with no penalties. It is a win win.

FWIW........

We have never paid our air or cruise ahead of time. If the airline is going to change or cancel the flight the fact that you paid it early has no bearing.

I have always booked air the day it has become available.  I normally book the cruise two years out.   I check at least once a day and the price has never gone down.    I was thinking it might be fun to do a last minute cruise since some prices really come down, but I would be afraid to see what the air would cost.