Signature Suite Benefits

Dietemann

1 hour ago, Dietemann said:

Are there benefits to booking a SSuite besides extra space and double points? I'm especially curious about in room Breakfast Menu. Thanks. 

The SS cabins are great!  You do not get the Neptune version of the breakfast menu, however, I always just write in what I want if it is not on the menu and I always get it.  My needs are simple though!

The only thing you really get as a benefit in the signature and vista suites is the double cruise day credits.

We love the extra space and  the shower and separate bathtub in the signature.  

If you want benefits - ie Neptune Lounge, breakfast in the Pinnacle (or CO), the expanded breakfast menu for in room dining, the coffee maker, laundry etc. you need to book the Neptune.  

I feel that the Signature Suites on HAL offer a great value.  We traveled often in a Neptune, but once we reached 4 Star status, we dropped down to the Signature Suite as the 4 Star benefits duplicate some of the Neptune ones (Priority boarding, free laundry, etc).  Plus, when we book a Signature Suite we often get offered an upsell to a Neptune Suite (most times for a very reasonable price).

1 hour ago, DaveOKC said:

I feel that the Signature Suites on HAL offer a great value.  We traveled often in a Neptune, but once we reached 4 Star status, we dropped down to the Signature Suite as the 4 Star benefits duplicate some of the Neptune ones (Priority boarding, free laundry, etc).  Plus, when we book a Signature Suite we often get offered an upsell to a Neptune Suite (most times for a very reasonable price).

We agree with you, Dave.  Love the extra room of a Signature suite. We do prefer the R and S class ships but when we book a larger ship (usually because of itinerary)  the Signature suites are our first choice.  Neptune's are awesome but we rarely book them at the first.  Always looking for an upsell,  as you know!!

Mary

6 hours ago, Dietemann said:

Are there benefits to booking a SSuite besides extra space and double points? I'm especially curious about in room Breakfast Menu. Thanks. 

There are "benefits" when put head to head with some other accommodations.  The towels are always a little nicer; the fruit bowl and flowers are kept fresh, the mini-bar stocked; and the extra space is not to be scoffed at -- especially double sinks.

As far as the floor plan, the SS is my favorite stateroom.  DH and I bump into each other in the dressing area of the Neptune Suites, because they have a central place for hair, make-up, dressing and the shower area.  With the SS, the hair and make-up is done away from the other activities.  

Signature Suites are my favorite.   

Am in a Signature Suite on Oosterdam Mexican Riviera December 7, at an amazing after-final-payment price.  Couldn't get an equivalent super deal on a Neptune Suite.

So, just added Club Orange for $25pp/pd = $350.  

I know many 4 and 5 star Mariners are dismayed, expecting Club Orange  to erode their hard earned benefits.  But, I want easier embarkation, disembarkation, and tendering at Cabo, due to a new mobility challenge *sigh*.   And, am still only 3 star. 

Just got off the 16 day Panama on the Nieuw Amsterdam in a SS. Excellent trip all the way around and will review once completely unpacked but still scratching my head why oh why can they not provide a coffee maker in the suite or any cabin for that matter? I understand room service is always available but on the days you don't want to set that alarm for room service or call and wait for the first cup o joe to be delivered makes us crazy. So much so we brought a Thermos this time and filled it before we went to bed.   

10 hours ago, Dietemann said:

Thank you everyone for your input. I plan to book a Signature Suite on my next, not yet decided, HAL cruise. They sound terrific.

Best cabin for the money on HAL!  As others have mentioned, go for a bump out one (only 2-4 per ship).