Can I change the ship of my booked cruise without cancelling?

Nicolek1999

I booked the Carnival Breeze for December 2020. I have paid the deposit and one month of the EasyPay. I was looking into doing the Carnival Mardi Gras. It leaves one day earlier but will Carnival allow me to change it or would I need to cancel it and re-book? Any thoughts on the Carnival Breeze? Is it a good ship? I've done research but not sailing on the newest ship is giving me doubts. It will be my boyfriends and mine first vacation together so I really want him to like it especially since he has never cruised before. I also purchased the travel protection from Carnival. Please and thank you for all the help!

Edited by Nicolek1999
Missing Sentence

You should call and talk to a Carnival rep.  Technically i think it is a cancellation and re-book, but they *might* waive the fees and apply your deposit/pament to the new one.  It won't hurt to ask! 

17 minutes ago, RjayB said:

You should call and talk to a Carnival rep.  Technically i think it is a cancellation and re-book, but they *might* waive the fees and apply your deposit/pament to the new one.  It won't hurt to ask! 

Do you think the newer ship would be worth the extra $400?

1 minute ago, Nicolek1999 said:

Do you think the newer ship would be worth the extra $400?

No one can really answer that with 100% certainty since no one has been on Mardi Gras. Personally I think Breeze is one of Carnival’s best ships. I prefer it over Carnival’s Vista class ships, which are currently Carnival’s newest ships. 

Just now, PhillyFan33579 said:

No one can really answer that with 100% certainty since no one has been on Mardi Gras. Personally I think Breeze is one of Carnival’s best ships. I prefer it over Carnival’s Vista class ships, which are currently Carnival’s newest ships. 

Okay thank you! I think I will just stay with the Carnival Breeze. We've upgraded to the Premium Vista balcony and I really like that room.

31 minutes ago, bubba1502 said:

I just changed my plans by changing boats, and leaving a day earlier.  Carnival charged me a $50.00 per person fee, which I didn't think was too bad.

They technically didn’t charge you a fee. Early saver bookings come with a penalty of $50 per person that you lose if cancelled. The remainder of your first deposit was transferred to the new booking and you had to pay the remaining $50 per person that was owed on the new deposit. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nicolek1999 said:

Okay thank you! I think I will just stay with the Carnival Breeze. We've upgraded to the Premium Vista balcony and I really like that room.

The Breeze is a great choice.  I've been on it twice and it's one of my favorite ships.

46 minutes ago, bakersdozen12 said:

They technically didn’t charge you a fee. Early saver bookings come with a penalty of $50 per person that you lose if cancelled. The remainder of your first deposit was transferred to the new booking and you had to pay the remaining $50 per person that was owed on the new deposit. 

When I switched ships they did charge me $50 per person administration fee on my new booking. It’s a line item on my new invoice.

Yes you can. You just call and give your booking explain you want to change it and there is a 50$ per person fee added to the “new” booking plus any additional cost if not paid in full. Your booking number stays the same and the new ship and itinerary is immediately updated and can be seen on your account when you log in to manage your booking.

Edited by Lele2709

Breeze is my favorite ship. I just switched a couple cruises out for newer ships (Panorama and Mardi Gras) myself...for a $50 fee. As long as you aren't within 90 days of the cruise you should be able to do that.

Edited by Saint Greg

On 10/21/2019 at 1:39 PM, Nicolek1999 said:

I booked the Carnival Breeze for December 2020. I have paid the deposit and one month of the EasyPay. I was looking into doing the Carnival Mardi Gras. It leaves one day earlier but will Carnival allow me to change it or would I need to cancel it and re-book? Any thoughts on the Carnival Breeze? Is it a good ship? I've done research but not sailing on the newest ship is giving me doubts. It will be my boyfriends and mine first vacation together so I really want him to like it especially since he has never cruised before. I also purchased the travel protection from Carnival. Please and thank you for all the help!

The Breeze gets a ton of positive comments on this forum. I can count the number of negative comments about it on one hand, with fingers to spare. Don't worry, you don't need to be on the newest ship to have a great time. The Mardi Gras will be the largest ship in Carnival's fleet. The larger the ship, the more passengers. One of the biggest complaints on some ships is the feeling of overcrowding. It depends on how certain areas are designed and the methods they use to alleviate that feeling. For instance, many people comment that the newer design of the Lido buffet area on Vista class ships make it feel less crowded and helps keep lines shorter. On the other hand, the Vista class ships were designed with smaller main theaters than the older ships, which many people don't like. So newer designs aren't always better. There's no telling what your boyfriend is going to think of cruising until he actually tries it, but just know that he probably doesn't need the largest, newest ship with all its bells & whistles to enjoy it. If he likes it on an older ship, then the two of you can look forward to trying others. If he doesn't, you can ask him to give it one more try on a new ship that has more amenities.

• Like 3

On 10/21/2019 at 2:39 PM, Nicolek1999 said:

I don't think that not being on the newest ship is something that would give anyone doubts... that would be like saying you won't drive a car once a new model year has come out.  The Breeze is still one of the newest ships out there.

The Breeze is a beautiful ship with lots of things to do.  She is my second favorite Carnival ship, with one in an earlier class being my first choice.  Her spa is the best currently in the fleet.

I would avoid any exterior cabin on deck 6 and happily book any other interior or exterior cabin on her that I could afford.

All my opinion of course.