Back to Back Cruise Questions

danny8826

We are booked on the Anthem of the Seas back to back for Europe (5/15-5/23 & 5/23-5/28).

We weren't unable to get the same cabin.  

We are hoping for those who have done a back to back that they can help us on these questions.  

We weren't sure how it works.  

1.  What do you do with your luggage on the last day of the first cruise?

2.  Since the ship is in Southampton, can we disembark and tour the are or nearby cities/areas like Windsor, Bath, etc...?

3.  If we can disembark, when we come back, do we need to get in line and do the paperwork again?

Any other info or tips would be greatly appreciated.  

Thank you,

Danny

A few days before your first cruise is over you will get a letter in your cabin telling you where you to meet.  You will need to pack the things you have in the drawers and the cabin stewart will move them and your hanging clothes to your new cabin.  You will need to get your new seapass and clear customs before you can get off the ship.  It is a very easy process.  Enjoy your cruises.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shippmates said:

A few days before your first cruise is over you will get a letter in your cabin telling you where you to meet.  You will need to pack the things you have in the drawers and the cabin stewart will move them and your hanging clothes to your new cabin.  You will need to get your new seapass and clear customs before you can get off the ship.  It is a very easy process.  Enjoy your cruises.

Thank you so much.

Danny

1 hour ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Let your cabin steward know you’re on a B2B. They’ll help with moving luggage to the new cabin.

1 hour ago, shippmates said:

Just FYI, this is the information regularly given on here and indeed were the instructions on the letter left in our cabin on our last B2B. During the transfer of my hanging garments two items were mislaid,  never to be found. This resulted in considerable wasted time and effort on my part to retrieve them during the second week. I realize mistakes can happen but I would be very wary of using this procedure again and would certainly bag all items.

37 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Just FYI, this is the information regularly given on here and indeed were the instructions on the letter left in our cabin on our last B2B. During the transfer of my hanging garments two items were mislaid,  never to be found. This resulted in considerable wasted time and effort on my part to retrieve them during the second week. I realize mistakes can happen but I would be very wary of using this procedure again and would certainly bag all items.

Agreed.  I wasn't comfortable with the loose hanging stuff from my closet being transferred that way.  I repacked it all so all the stewards needed to do was carry 2 pieces of luggage to the new room.  But it's up to you. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MeHeartCruising said:

Agreed.  I wasn't comfortable with the loose hanging stuff from my closet being transferred that way.  I repacked it all so all the stewards needed to do was carry 2 pieces of luggage to the new room.  But it's up to you. 

On our Harmony back to back last week, our luggage was not moved by our cabin attendant, but was moved by one of the other staff who was moving several B2B cabins. Our luggage and hanging items were placed on a luggage cart and brought to the new cabin. 

We’ve  done at least 15 back to back’s where we’ve had to change cabins and to the best of my knowledge I’ve never had any hanging items lost. 

OP- you will receive a detailed letter in your cabin regarding turnaround day. For the first time in many back to back‘s, we actually had a back to back meeting held one of the days towards the end of the cruise. We were specifically told about an upcoming inspection that might hold us up in the terminal. Also, there was someone to take any entertainment or dining reservations that needed to be booked.

enjoy the back to back 

m

2 hours ago, MeHeartCruising said:

3 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Thank you both for the info.

I don't think I will want to leave my hanging items and have them move it that way.

I will just pack everything up and put them in my luggage.

The cruise is a while away so I will still keep an eye out if anyone cancel any of them cabins that i have so that i can move to the same cabin for both cruises.

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

On our Harmony back to back last week, our luggage was not moved by our cabin attendant, but was moved by one of the other staff who was moving several B2B cabins. Our luggage and hanging items were placed on a luggage cart and brought to the new cabin. 

We’ve  done at least 15 back to back’s where we’ve had to change cabins and to the best of my knowledge I’ve never had any hanging items lost. 

OP- you will receive a detailed letter in your cabin regarding turnaround day. For the first time in many back to back‘s, we actually had a back to back meeting held one of the days towards the end of the cruise. We were specifically told about an upcoming inspection that might hold us up in the terminal. Also, there was someone to take any entertainment or dining reservations that needed to be booked.

enjoy the back to back 

m

I guess you are the lucky one. :)

2 hours ago, danny8826 said:

I guess you are the lucky one. 🙂

She is in the VAST majority.  I have done many B2B and have had to change cabins numerous times.

Nothing has ever been missing.

I know many people who have done B2B and changed cabins.

None of their stuff ever went missing either.

If it were happening even MILDLY "often", you would have heard about it on Cruise Critic.

ONE person here has told you that two pieces went astray.  ONE person.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

She is in the VAST majority.  I have done many B2B and have had to change cabins numerous times.

Nothing has ever been missing.

I know many people who have done B2B and changed cabins.

None of their stuff ever went missing either.

If it were happening even MILDLY "often", you would have heard about it on Cruise Critic.

ONE person here has told you that two pieces went astray.  ONE person.

OK...you made your point. :)

Thank you for the re-assurance.  

• Like 1

If you want to go touring in Southampton, let them know and they'll give you an In Transit card and tell you where you need to go when returning to avoid having to wait in any lines (if there even is a line later in the day).  

You'll still need to go through the security x-ray, but you don't need to go through the check-in line on returning.

And make sure you keep your luggage IN YOUR ROOM on turn-around-day, or it will be delivered to the terminal, not to your next room!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, norhel said:

Make sure you talk to guest service around midway during the first cruise to make sure you are on the b2b list. 

I have put a reminder on my phone calendar.  Thank you for that.

9 hours ago, brillohead said:

If you want to go touring in Southampton, let them know and they'll give you an In Transit card and tell you where you need to go when returning to avoid having to wait in any lines (if there even is a line later in the day).  

You'll still need to go through the security x-ray, but you don't need to go through the check-in line on returning.

And make sure you keep your luggage IN YOUR ROOM on turn-around-day, or it will be delivered to the terminal, not to your next room!

This is very helpful.  I will ask for the transit card and get all the info form them.

We usually don't leave our luggage out on the last day of the cruise so that shouldn't be a problem.  I will also put the new tag on so they  kn ow which room it's to move it to, but I will let my cabin attendant know. 

Thank you so much,

Danny

• Like 1

Danny,

Other random info. on our B2B out of Southamton.  The train station is walking distance from the cruise terminal. There is also a large mall if you need to buy something. Yes, you will be given your new seapass card and "In-Transit" card allowing you skip all the lines when you come back from your shore excursion(except the security line as mentioned). There is often a special lunch for all B2B passengers...nice.

Lastly, make sure to empty your cabin safe 😊. Happy Sailing!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Danny,

Other random info. on our B2B out of Southamton.  The train station is walking distance from the cruise terminal. There is also a large mall if you need to buy something. Yes, you will be given your new seapass card and "In-Transit" card allowing you skip all the lines when you come back from your shore excursion(except the security line as mentioned). There is often a special lunch for all B2B passengers...nice.

Lastly, make sure to empty your cabin safe 😊. Happy Sailing!

Thank you.  Those random info are great.

We like to shop so a mall is well even we end up with no tours.  We were thinking of going to Winchester and/or Arundel Castle. 

It's good to get both sea pass card and transit card so we know for sure we are on the cruse and are able to come back. :)

oh a special lunch would be nice.  if that's the case, we will plan to do a short tour and come back for the lunch. :). 

My friend is very anal about cleaning out the cabin safe so he will check multiple times to be sure. :)

Thank again for the great tips.

Danny

Any alcohol that was confiscated or purchased on the first leg will NOT be brought to your cabin until the last day of the second leg or the day before you scheduled departure.  They keep track of those things.  Best thing to do is to make friends to purchase the alcohol for you they will get it and you can pay them for it.  That is if you want a bottle in your cabin.  

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

In our experience lunch has been in the 12 to 1:30 range so plan accordingly. That information will also be on the letter you will receive

enjoy 

m

Thank you for the info.

That's good to know.

2 hours ago, Magicat said:

Any alcohol that was confiscated or purchased on the first leg will NOT be brought to your cabin until the last day of the second leg or the day before you scheduled departure.  They keep track of those things.  Best thing to do is to make friends to purchase the alcohol for you they will get it and you can pay them for it.  That is if you want a bottle in your cabin.  

Thank you.  Good thing is we don't drink that much.  As Diamond, I can also get up to 3 drinks at the Diamond Lounge, but we hardly do. :)

Royal loose out on this on us.  They can't make any on us for alcohol. :)

3 hours ago, Magicat said:

On Allure this past cruise, we and others were allowed to take with us any liquor bought on the last full day. They may have had a B2B list, but if so we weren't on it, so now I have a nice 1 L bottle of rum for this second leg.

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 10:34 PM, danny8826 said:

Thank you both for the info.

I don't think I will want to leave my hanging items and have them move it that way.

I will just pack everything up and put them in my luggage.

The cruise is a while away so I will still keep an eye out if anyone cancel any of them cabins that i have so that i can move to the same cabin for both cruises.

Just a thought, and something we've done for several B2B cruises - check the available inventory in the cabin class you have booked for both legs of the B2B to see if there's a specific cabin# (i.e. 8624)  that is available on both legs. If you find one, a quick call to C&A and you should be able to move both of your existing reservations to that cabin.

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Just a thought, and something we've done for several B2B cruises - check the available inventory in the cabin class you have booked for both legs of the B2B to see if there's a specific cabin# (i.e. 8624)  that is available on both legs. If you find one, a quick call to C&A and you should be able to move both of your existing reservations to that cabin.

I have tried and it's not so easy, but I will continue to try and not giving it up. :)

1 hour ago, gatour said:

Also you are allowed to bring 4 bottles of wine on board when boarding the first cruise.  Just make sure you have the paper work for the second cruise.

Thank you.